Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October | Page 35 | Vital Football

Leicester v Aston Villa - 7.15 pm Sunday 18th October

Second half we were easily the better team. First half was 50/50.
Leicester are dirty gits(and the ref let them get away with it) one of our lads SJM brushes a hip with his wrist.... yellow card.
Cheating gits.
Its like being a boxer and against a world champ and you know if it goes to points the judges will screw you over. Sick of it.
The 10 minutes traore played i thought he looked great. Great touch and very composed. And quick AF.
Konsa looks way way better tha Mings are present. Not saying Mings looks bad.... just Konsa looks a fucking machine!

Another sour Leicester fan on five live calling Jack a cheat and saying Maddison is a better person because he has observed the lockdown unlike Jack who is a cheat on the pitch and in life.
Jealous or what.

I'm convinced Shakespeare is making a big difference here.

To me, someone in the back room is working with the players on their positioning. We are very deliberate in where players are positioned from goal kicks to throw ins, I noticed Targett was stood in a position I’d expect a central midfielder from an attacking throw in.

Putting two and two together...

Second half we were easily the better team. First half was 50/50.
Leicester are dirty gits(and the ref let them get away with it) one of our lads SJM brushes a hip with his wrist.... yellow card.
Cheating gits.
Its like being a boxer and against a world champ and you know if it goes to points the judges will screw you over. Sick of it.
The 10 minutes traore played i thought he looked great. Great touch and very composed. And quick AF.
Konsa looks way way better tha Mings are present. Not saying Mings looks bad.... just Konsa looks a fucking machine!

I was appalled by Rodger's/Leicester's "tactics".

Fair do's to Traore - he has the look of someone who'll do something stupid in the last five minutes when you need to hang on but he was calm and did all the right things.

Konsa looked great but that was such an awesome team performance that it'd be wrong to pick out individual players for good or bad IMO.

Do you want to bet against us?

At times it was two decent teams cancelling themselves out, but we definitely had more intention when it came to getting forward. Dean admitted we started slowly but that often happens away from home doesn't it? Soak up some pressure and then you get your chance as the game settles.

I don't think they really tested our keeper?

I did worry the substitutions Rodgers made seemed to give them momentum for 5-10 mins, but we soaked that up as well.

The goal from Ross, just perfect. Does remind me of Barry that lad and I don't give out higher compliments than that!

It took villa 13 games to get to 12 points last season, only 4 this season. Took them about 37 games to beat a team in the top 8, we've now beaten teams in 3rd and 4th. Looking at that run of games up to christmas, we're well capable of getting more wins than our last 2 prem seasons combined!
One of the most satisfying things this season is the confidence in the defence and goalkeeper. I dont have the collywobbles when theres a back pass or corner.
I forgot what pride feels like when it comes to football.....I like it.

I'm convinced Shakespeare is making a big difference here.

Yes, agreed, Keira and myself said similar for the Liverpool match and this is 100% not a dismissive thing to Smith, as he is the boss and he's had the gumption to bring in a great coach.

But we do look a totally different team/different style, no more playing with our backs to defenders etc. Liking it.

To me, someone in the back room is working with the players on their positioning. We are very deliberate in where players are positioned from goal kicks to throw ins, I noticed Targett was stood in a position I’d expect a central midfielder from an attacking throw in.

Putting two and two together...

Shakespeare?..........

Wonder if the various channels will start analysing what we are doing any time soon. Probably be all about Leeds on Friday. Hey ho :shrug: