The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 278 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

25 is not very big? Games come thick and fast and niggles will become injuries and Some squads could easily have 5 or 6 players out by Xmas. Add on to this the problem of covid and isolation and suddenly a manager could be picking from a squad of 15/16. Blackburn had two out because of covid and County 4 out. Isolating for 10 days could mean missing three games.
Blackburn had about 5 out.

I would be very worried about any manager claiming he wants "a small squad" this season. It is simply not sensible

Would the So Solid reference allude to the popular beat combo of the 90's by any chance?

Cant say I am too familiar with that genre.

Think it was around 2000. It doesn't matter. They were a bit shit anyway.

Quite influential though I imagine, as their sound kind of started the splitting up of UK Garage in to different genres.

Blackburn had about 5 out.

I would be very worried about any manager claiming he wants "a small squad" this season. It is simply not sensible
I am surprised they haven’t relaxed that rule a little although you could argue that doing so would favour bigger clubs in the same way as increasing to 5 substitutes...

I am surprised they haven’t relaxed that rule a little although you could argue that doing so would favour bigger clubs in the same way as increasing to 5 substitutes...
A simple solution that could have been permanent would have been to allow 5 subs but 2 have to be under a certain age, whether that be 21 or 23.

Anything we do helps bigger clubs. 3 subs helps bigger clubs who have more ability to rotate squads for fitness. But such a rule would reward clubs that develop their own players and encourage them to do so

A simple solution that could have been permanent would have been to allow 5 subs but 2 have to be under a certain age, whether that be 21 or 23.

Anything we do helps bigger clubs. 3 subs helps bigger clubs who have more ability to rotate squads for fitness. But such a rule would reward clubs that develop their own players and encourage them to do so
I've also advocated this approach for some time as you say it would encourage clubs to develop their own players, but would also be invaluable experience for the young players themselves even the times when they don't actually get on the pitch

Not a bad idea at all. I would certainly be happy with that.

I've also advocated this approach for some time as you say it would encourage clubs to develop their own players, but would also be invaluable experience for the young players themselves even the times when they don't actually get on the pitch
Exactly. Can't understand why the powers that be haven't floated it.

For the big clubs, it means that if they are cruising at 3 or 4 nil they have some capacity to try out a couple of their youngsters risk free for 20 minutes. But if they are losing and have done their three subs, they can't just bring on an Aguero and a Sterling to bombard the plucky smaller club.

Big winners are those producing quality younger players and those with younger squads- exactly the teams we should be rewarding.

Exactly. Can't understand why the powers that be haven't floated it.

For the big clubs, it means that if they are cruising at 3 or 4 nil they have some capacity to try out a couple of their youngsters risk free for 20 minutes. But if they are losing and have done their three subs, they can't just bring on an Aguero and a Sterling to bombard the plucky smaller club.

Big winners are those producing quality younger players and those with younger squads- exactly the teams we should be rewarding.
Not sure Spurs would agree.