The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 277 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

I have a feeling that Clough will be included in the 25. Bong may also get a reprieve as Hughton knows him.

Hughton's team selection yesterday did not reveal too much about his intentions regarding the squad make up.

You would assume yesterday's 18 are nailed on as are Diallo, Worrall and Blackett, so that makes it 19 plus 2 21 year olds

You would also assume Knockheart and Cafu are also in the squad, which takes us to 21 + 2

Guerrero appears to be the only other option to Grabban or Taylor, so he must be in and then there is Dawson who has a duel role

That leaves Two from:

Grosicki?

Ribeiro or Bong

Darickwa

Clough

Clough and Darickwa look nailed on as Bomb Squad and I would guess Ribeiro will be the other unlucky one to miss out if Grosicki does sign

Hughton's team selection yesterday did not reveal too much about his intentions regarding the squad make up.

You would assume yesterday's 18 are nailed on as are Diallo, Worrall and Blackett, so that makes it 19 plus 2 21 year olds

You would also assume Knockheart and Cafu are also in the squad, which takes us to 21 + 2

Guerrero appears to be the only other option to Grabban or Taylor, so he must be in and then there is Dawson who has a duel role

That leaves Two from:

Grosicki?

Ribeiro or Bong

Darickwa

Clough

Clough and Darickwa look nailed on as Bomb Squad and I would guess Ribeiro will be the other unlucky one to miss out if Grosicki does sign

Is Jenkinson still with us or did he go out on loan?

That leaves Two from:

Grosicki?

Ribeiro or Bong

Darickwa

Clough

I wasn’t too surprised at the line up if I am honest and it’s interesting that yet another manager thinks Yates is worth a pick despite so many people thinking he is shit.

I am still clinging on to the thought that someone like Hughton is capable of getting something from Clough. It’s just whether that something is enough to merit a place.

Darikwa is done but I wouldn’t be surprised if either Cafu and/or Fred end up not getting a game or being in the squad which would be both amusing and somewhat embarrassing.

I could also see a situation where Dawson just transitions into coaching as we have decent centre back cover.

Going to be an interesting few weeks whatever happens.

I wasn’t too surprised at the line up if I am honest and it’s interesting that yet another manager thinks Yates is worth a pick despite so many people thinking he is shit.

I am still clinging on to the thought that someone like Hughton is capable of getting something from Clough. It’s just whether that something is enough to merit a place.

Darikwa is done but I wouldn’t be surprised if either Cafu and/or Fred end up not getting a game or being in the squad which would be both amusing and somewhat embarrassing.

I could also see a situation where Dawson just transitions into coaching as we have decent centre back cover.

Going to be an interesting few weeks whatever happens.

I completely forgot about Fred; is he still with us/injured/still alive?

That leaves Two from:

Grosicki?

Ribeiro or Bong

Darickwa

Clough

25 is not very big? Games come thick and fast and niggles will become injuries and Some squads could easily have 5 or 6 players out by Xmas. Add on to this the problem of covid and isolation and suddenly a manager could be picking from a squad of 15/16. Blackburn had two out because of covid and County 4 out. Isolating for 10 days could mean missing three games.