The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised that no one bought Emi Buendia before the summer window closed but, maybe some club is playing the waiting game to drive down his price.

There are some excellent players on offer for free, all, apart from Welbeck and Wilshire, are over 30 years of age but all offer vast experience and ability.
I know most clubs have cut their squads because of the corona-virus and the way it's impacting income but, some far looking clubs are going to pick up some great players for nothing.

I can’t see much business being done in January unless clubs are really desperate. Injuries to key players might force the hand. In which case silly money will be asked.

Yeah Ronaldo was the one that got away with Fergie the only player I can remember where he tried everything he could to keep and of course you can never replace a player like that.

Not sure Fergie tried everything. As I understand it, Ronaldo went to Fergie near the start of the season, said he wanted to go to Real Madrid, they had a chat, Fergie realised how much he wanted it and said OK they'd arrange a move at the end of the season.

Not sure Fergie tried everything. As I understand it, Ronaldo went to Fergie near the start of the season, said he wanted to go to Real Madrid, they had a chat, Fergie realised how much he wanted it and said OK they'd arrange a move at the end of the season.
That's not how I remember it can't remember the specifics but I'm sure I remember trying everything to stop it.

I am surprised that no one bought Emi Buendia before the summer window closed but, maybe some club is playing the waiting game to drive down his price.

There are some excellent players on offer for free, all, apart from Welbeck and Wilshire, are over 30 years of age but all offer vast experience and ability.
I know most clubs have cut their squads because of the corona-virus and the way it's impacting income but, some far looking clubs are going to pick up some great players for nothing.

Buendia has 4 years left on contract. They will want to come straight back up so selling their best player if they don't need the money would be foolish

It's really quite exciting looking at the fixture list up until the window opens. Obviously we are all perhaps a tad overly optimistic at the moment, but I really fancy our chances of getting points in every game right up until we play Chelsea away after boxing day.

I hope there's a sensible level of optimism surrounding the recruitment staff and the new director of football too. If we do manage to play ourselves to the top, or at least stay top four, come January, it would be fantastic if we could use that to attract a big name or two to the club so we can go into that more difficult (on paper) second half of the season with an extra bit of ammunition.

A top four finish appears realistic when we look at the teams expected to finish there this season. Spurs, Man City and United are struggling defensively, Chelsea aren't too convincing, Liverpool have now lost Van Dijk. Things are falling into place for us it seems. Players that wouldn't have been keen in the summer might be keen on a move in January if we keep this up.

First on my list would be a left back, possibly Tagliafico? Next would be Delli alli, considering Barkley is on loan and the next best thing we have in the squad is Hourihane. We have to get there first but a top four position at Christmas could surely mean far better additions to the squad?

Except ludicrous signing on fees?

Lansbury out of our 25 man PL squad until January... surely the end of his villa career, not that it ever really started

Lansbury out of our 25 man PL squad until January... surely the end of his villa career, not that it ever really started

May just as well pay up his contract and let him go. He's just wasting his and our time and money coming into training. Our physios have enough work without him

Status
Not open for further replies.