Team V MK | Page 3 | Vital Football

Team V MK

Now, I’m not an Akinde knocker. But why bring him on when we’ve got Oliver up there?

I reckon young Trae Coyle would be the go.
I guess we are going route 1? Long balls and long throws etc try to bully their defence. Typical Steve Evans style

Poor today.

Graham can skin his man at will but not put a decent cross in yet.

Too many sill fouls and defence weak for both goals.

A good reality check. Let's hope we come back on tuesday.

On the positives Eccles and Robertson look good

I don't mind one paced and boring when we get a result, but that was tough going. Bonham had a couple of good stops.

It's started snowing here. Grrr or Brrrr or both.

Agree.

I thought this might be the first game this season where we actually look good and play well. Apart from spells v Wigan, we haven’t really taken a game to anyone.

But that today was sh!te. Unfortunately SE will just say “if the ref gives the stonewall pen, we’d have won”. Unfortunately he didn’t. Plenty of other reasons we lost.

Geez, I’ve had a bad day. Night all.....

I was listening to the MK Dons commentators and they thought it was a stonewall penalty. Although they thought MK Dons edged it in the first half and deserved to go into half time winning, they commented later that if we had been awarded and scored the penalty, then the half time team talks and second half could have been very different.

Biggest problem today was the fact we got a load of crosses into the box but they all seemed to be floated in for their keeper to easily claim.

We never quite got going in that game. I thought we were decent enough in the last 15 mins of the 1st half until the final 3rd. Unfortunately Graham didn't have his crossing boots on today.

2nd half it looked like the 2nd goal rocked us and we never settled. Whilst I thought Akinde offered more than Oliver today I think it was counter intuitive throwing attackers on as we totally lost our midfield. We need to find a way of getting Samuel involved more centrally too.

On a positive note I thought Medley was very good today.

All in all a disappointing game and result but perhaps a needed reality check. Here's hoping for better on Tuesday.