Alcohol in the workplace? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Alcohol in the workplace?

You definitely shouldn't bother mate. You've admitted you don't know why - and that's fine. Its just a shame it took you being arrogant, and me to explain it about 5 times to get there.

It was a simple polite question originally open to anyone really not just yourself, as I just found it an odd rule. It's ended up with you patroninsing and arrogantly responding to me which is hilariously ironic because up until your last post it's actually you are the one who's missed the point of my questions.

I said in my very first post to you -

“The reasoning is, that a workplace has provided alcohol. If people then drive and have an accident, there is blame apportioned to the workplace. They have to provide transport of some variety and do all they can to ensure employees do not drink drive. The burden of proof is on them to show they did everything they could.”

That’s the WHY. It’s been there from the very start. You may or may not agree with it, but that’s the “why” the laws are there. And other than that I don’t know why the laws are made.

I’ve just seen as well that in your first reply to me you said “we don’t have those laws in UK”. You might want to check again the link I put there.

It’s why I feel like I’m hitting my head against a brick wall.

I’m also struggling to see anywhere that I’ve been arrogant in any of my replies. There’s been a ton of arrogance and patronising in yours.

Off to get ready for the game now.

Fucking hell mate.... I understand the law you've now explained about 20 times in more and more detail. That's not my question. My question is why. What is the actual reasoning behind it? And please dont just explain the law again. If you dont know why it's the case, then just say that, rather than just explaining the law again.

Is that reply not as least as arrogant and patronising as anything OSK has said?

Is that reply not as least as arrogant and patronising as anything OSK has said?
Absolutely - i admit that. I'll happily admit, that if i feel someone patronising me, i am not going to give a polite response. I think that's fairly understandable.

Anyway, we've moved on Madrid. On to the gills now!

Think there's only one person on this thread who's been patronising and arrogant and it isn't OSK.

Well...since i've got a bit of time...

WH & S is Workplace Health and Safety. You may call it OHS or something. I think you may have heard of similar AK or are you trying to be like Wayne now?

So that's not patronising? I simply didn't know what WH&S was. Never heard of it. I googled it and only got WHSmith responses! Asked him what it was, but got that as a response. But apparently that's not patronising.

I look forward to your next series of questions. What bits don’t you understand?

Still not patronising?

So it would appear even in UK the law is quite similar or going that way. You might want to get yourself versed in them.

Again more arrogance/patronising.

Shall I waste my time pulling up more examples?

All of these examples taken from the conversation before I actually got annoyed and posted my response. Up until then I was perfectly polite. OSK speaks to me like this - i respond in similar fashion, and I am the one called arrogant/patronising. You couldn't make it up.

So that's not patronising? I simply didn't know what WH&S was. Never heard of it. I googled it and only got WHSmith responses!

Can someone else please quickly google WH&S or WHS please? Just to make sure UK google isn’t different to Aus google.

As soon as I put WHS in, it comes back with all the correct stuff about health and safety and what It’s called around the world (inc in UK). So I call B/S.

Anyway, I’m bored now and Gills are losing at h/t to really peeve me. So take your arrogance and patronising elsewhere AK. Sounds like I’m not the only one thinking it’s all coming from you.

Can someone else please quickly google WH&S or WHS please? Just to make sure UK google isn’t different to Aus google.

As soon as I put WHS in, it comes back with all the correct stuff about health and safety and what It’s called around the world (inc in UK). So I call B/S.

Anyway, I’m bored now and Gills are losing at h/t to really peeve me. So take your arrogance and patronising elsewhere AK. Sounds like I’m not the only one thinking it’s all coming from you.
Yeah.... alright mate. :Fingers:

just to reopen this one (don't want to talk about the game) I believe I read once that German car manufacturers successfully secured the right to drink beer at work on the basis of its nutritional value.

I remember being served wine with lunch in an Italian factory as well - that was <10 years ago so really surprised me.

just to reopen this one (don't want to talk about the game) I believe I read once that German car manufacturers successfully secured the right to drink beer at work on the basis of its nutritional value.

I remember being served wine with lunch in an Italian factory as well - that was <10 years ago so really surprised me.
Nothing surprises me about the Italians.A country of massive contradictions.

Up to mid 80's most pubs served what was known as a session beer, about 3.5%. Two pints and cheese roll would be the normal during a lunch hour. Then stronger lagers came into fashion. This was quickly followed by stronger real ales, that's the main reason firms started to ban drinking at lunch time.

Providing alcohol at work would be discriminatory against those who don't drink alcohol. It is a very outdated idea