Aston Villa - Liverpool Sun 4th October 19.15 Thread | Page 66 | Vital Football

Aston Villa - Liverpool Sun 4th October 19.15 Thread

Has the result been rescinded and a replay ordered yet?

I hang my head in shame that our grass was at least 2mm high.

couldn't resist a quick look at one of the Liverpool forms, red and white kop. Hardly a mention of Villa, almost as though we weren't there. Except for one comment:
Grealish against Trent and Gomez was like watching a king cobra toying with two confused and slightly befuddled hamsters. You know it's not going to end well for the hamsters, but you can't take your eyes off it.

Like it!

Yeah, ridiculous, someone had it tattooed as well. I mean, I'm grinning from ear to ear at the result, but ffs, this isn't winning the league.............................................. yet!

I don't think they did, I saw it and many suggested it was drawn on, It didn't have a capital V and the hair wasn't shaved where the tattoo was, Although you might of seen a different one!

Was this it ? Haven't even put Aston Villa, small v and quite a bit of hair for 2 days.

Unless it's a prison tattoo :rofl: Although it does have slight redness in some parts around the 7 and 2.

View attachment 42720

Nah someone posted on the Aston Villa Selling Page on FB with commemorative t-shirts, it was so embarrassing and tinpot! Since removed the post as he got absolutely annihilated!

It was an incredible result but sometimes we do act a bit smaller than we are. I don’t know if some fans try and make things artificially over the top, like some of the pitch invasions in recent years.

Not sure, it’s a great result and a freak result. If we don’t pick up an average of 1 in every 2 in some of the upcoming games we have, the Liverpool result will lose a bit of gloss for me.

I was very excited this time last season with what I was seeing, but we couldn’t sustain it and injuries didn’t help. As a club we need to control our emotions a bit both ways. Barkley and Watkins will have two bad games in a row and people will call them shit, yet half those fans would lick their boots clean after the weekend

It was an incredible result but sometimes we do act a bit smaller than we are. I don’t know if some fans try and make things artificially over the top, like some of the pitch invasions in recent years.

Not sure, it’s a great result and a freak result. If we don’t pick up an average of 1 in every 2 in some of the upcoming games we have, the Liverpool result will lose a bit of gloss for me.

I was very excited this time last season with what I was seeing, but we couldn’t sustain it and injuries didn’t help. As a club we need to control our emotions a bit both ways. Barkley and Watkins will have two bad games in a row and people will call them shit, yet half those fans would lick their boots clean after the weekend

I think you're right, Although I'm quite hopeful we can pick up something against Leicester, Teams can try and analyse us but they won't have much to work on, Leicester WILL have to attack us and by doing so they'll leave themselves vulnerable, Our key goal this season will be to score first so the other team needs to try and press us, if they score and park the bus a little like Sheffield we'll find it hard to break them down and then be vulnerable on the counter ourselves.

I also think we look really vulnerable after we've had a corner, both Mings and Konsa go in for the corner and we don't get back fast enough, we need to have the same work rate as we did against Liverpool for the duration of the season.

You're right though, if we start losing points in the next few games it definitely will take the shine off us, and it'll tell other teams actually Villa aren't the team to be feared, Liverpool just had a bad night.

In fairness it was a decent shirt and people have to put food on the table. I wouldn't do that, nor would I buy one but I could imagine kids loving it after the last few years.

Small time for the older amongst us, but perfect for the modern generation I imagine.

I can see why the Tatt got shit on though lol

I have to contain myself when I see the levels of ignorance about our club and the weekend result. Some people would have you believe The Champions of English Football who attained 99 points last season are nothing more than canon fodder when they're missing 2 or 3 players.

Why is it so difficult to give credit where it is due? These are fans of almost all clubs btw. I'd expect it from United fans but even Arsenal fans can't seem to give a little credit. Still salty over losing Emi I guess.

Anyone else still having trouble taking it all in? Probably our finest result for a long long time.

Nope, I've watched it 7 times now and can confirm it really happened. That we really did only have 2 corners one we scored from and the second in injury time.
I think they only managed to foul Jack once in the entire game That is the first time Adrian has not won in a Liverpool shirt despite apparently being the reason we won and that Jota was their best player but they missed Mane. That Fabinho made absolutely no difference in defence to Gomez who was apparently giving us every goal according to Carragher, we still scored 2 more.
Liverpool had 70% possession and about 18 shots at our goal yet they were shit, I personally think we fucking battered them despite them playing pretty dam well

Lets give the Villa some credit you scouse Git

Nope, I've watched it 7 times now and can confirm it really happened. That we really did only have 2 corners one we scored from and the second in injury time.
I think they only managed to foul Jack once in the entire game That is the first time Adrian has not won in a Liverpool shirt despite apparently being the reason we won and that Jota was their best player but they missed Mane. That Fabinho made absolutely no difference in defence to Gomez who was apparently giving us every goal according to Carragher, we still scored 2 more.
Liverpool had 70% possession and about 18 shots at our goal yet they were shit, I personally think we fucking battered them despite them playing pretty dam well

Lets give the Villa some credit you scouse Git

Add to that that we should have had at least 5 more......we actually weren't clinical at all.
:bounce::bounce::bounce: