Medley | Vital Football

Medley

Gills93

Vital Squad Member
He’s done okay so far, but I’ve been both surprised and disappointed with his distribution. Coming from Arsenal I expected his passing to be a lot better. Hopefully it’s just nerves and will Improve once he settles in the side, has anyone else picked up on this or am I being over critical?

I agree. Tall and strong but likes a hoof clearance. hopefully better to come in terms of distribution

Maybe he's used to be playing with better players at Arsenal where they make themselves easily available for a pass. Bit different in league 1 where players in midfield are closed down quickly so you have to get shot of it quickly. Experience will help him there.

There’s a huge difference between the competitive mens league and the development football he’s been used to.
He’ll get smarter or fail.
I think he’ll get better.
A defenders job is basically to defend.
Anything else is a bonus

Maybe he's used to be playing with better players at Arsenal where they make themselves easily available for a pass. Bit different in league 1 where players in midfield are closed down quickly so you have to get shot of it quickly. Experience will help him there.

Good point Vinney, at Shrews we missed Dempsey and Richardson, both of whom can take a pass in the middle and work out well and quickly to the front or wide players. Also, due to the conditions and need for us to crowd the front end in search of a goal, he may have been "advised" to belt it long. Having said that, young Zech does always seem to identify a recipient when passing long and wide - but as yesterday showed, he just doesn`t always find them :unsure: Yesterday wasn`t his best game for us so far, but, he does have a confidence about him, and all in all, he`s doing well and will get better and better.

So glad our opinions aren’t the same as “that” Facebook page. On there they have him as our 5th choice CB, useless and should be sent back to Arsenal 🙄

I think that “fans” in the page title is just a tad misleading.

I reckon he means quicker than in the U23’s.

I’d have thought it’s quicker there, but not as physical or strong.
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Younger inexperienced players so anyone like him stands out and has time to distribute the ball easier.

Just because he is at Arsenal doesn't make him a future Premier league centre back. May I remind you Jordan Houghton Chelsea captain at his age group. It is possible that Evans has told him to just get rid for now while he and the team are bedding in.Under playing and using a example of Gabriel Zakuanu. Is always better than trying to do stuff that only works 6 or 7 times out of 10 and the other 3 or 4 leaves the team in trouble. Give him time .It is possible he is not good enough for Arsenal and like Ogilvie maybe we can make him into a excellent league one defender.
Maybe Arsenal will be happy for him to join us in future on a free transfer that could be more of a success for us that him becoming a premier league player.
So personally I am happy if Medley is protecting our goal.

Last edited: