Still after another player? | Vital Football

Still after another player?

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
SE just said in today’s interview -

SE: "We will go to Shrewsbury, make changes for Ipswich, assess the treatment room and then see if we need anything position wise.

"We are looking at someone in the Scottish Premier League."

Any ideas who or what position?
JET is at Livingstone isn’t he? 🤔
😁

Bit of a odd one.A left winger perhaps. Unless anyone is leaving ????Or the injury situation has got worse I can't see where we need that extra player.I very much doubt it will be a loan given the numbers.Unless it is a nippy winger I can't see the point in another squad player .So someone for the first 12 or 13 players from the Scottish premier league doesn't sound like a cheap option.

SE just said in today’s interview -

SE: "We will go to Shrewsbury, make changes for Ipswich, assess the treatment room and then see if we need anything position wise.

"We are looking at someone in the Scottish Premier League."

Any ideas who or what position?
JET is at Livingstone isn’t he? 🤔
😁
Obviously SE decided to release LSB2 too hastily so is buying him back for a case of Wotsits

Bit of a odd one.A left winger perhaps. Unless anyone is leaving ????Or the injury situation has got worse I can't see where we need that extra player.I very much doubt it will be a loan given the numbers.Unless it is a nippy winger I can't see the point in another squad player .So someone for the first 12 or 13 players from the Scottish premier league doesn't sound like a cheap option.
Could be another Celtic player given the SE connections.

Could be another Celtic player given the SE connections.

Yeah. But as Chris says, we’ve already got 6 loanees. Another loanee in means another one drops out of the squad each match. But it’s not the current loans that are injured. Although I’m not sure we can afford to buy a SPL level player.

Agree it might be that forward left side player that SE keeps mentioning. O’Connor doesn’t really fill that position.

I am also getting a little nervous that one of either Tucker or Ogilvie are off. If it happens at least it will mean our club is safer for longer, so not all bad.

Yeah. But as Chris says, we’ve already got 6 loanees. Another loanee in means another one drops out of the squad each match. But it’s not the current loans that are injured. Although I’m not sure we can afford to buy a SPL level player.

Agree it might be that forward left side player that SE keeps mentioning. O’Connor doesn’t really fill that position.

I am also getting a little nervous that one of either Tucker or Ogilvie are off. If it happens at least it will mean our club is safer for longer, so not all bad.
As I see it there is only one other possibility that is that Akindie is not happy at being relegated to the bench.If injuries have not got worse then I would say Akindie going is the only other player that might save enough funds.

As I see it there is only one other possibility that is that Akindie is not happy at being relegated to the bench.If injuries have not got worse then I would say Akindie going is the only other player that might save enough funds.
Can’t really see many lining up for Akinde to be honest unless he went to a lower club with us picking up a portion of his wage.

Can’t really see many lining up for Akinde to be honest unless he went to a lower club with us picking up a portion of his wage.

Seconded.

With the current financial situation there aren’t going to be many clubs who will pick up his wages.

Maybe there might be a club who’d be interested if Akinde was in form. But the guy is certainly last in the pecking order for the striker position because he’s shown very little application since signing.

Seconded.

With the current financial situation there aren’t going to be many clubs who will pick up his wages.

Maybe there might be a club who’d be interested if Akinde was in form. But the guy is certainly last in the pecking order for the striker position because he’s shown very little application since signing.
Loan deal with Ebbsfleet perhaps? Think he lives there?

I think many of you are underestimating the real potential in league two for someone like Akindie. Looking back how many players were really good for us at that level but unable to make the step up the list is endless. I believe Akindie is great signing in league two.For that reason in the same way we did for Samuel I believe a lower team will be very interested indeed if Evans made him available.

I think we are writing him off a bit early. Last season he barely got going before COVID scuppered it. This season Oliver has quite rightly grabbed the chance and is picked ahead of Akinde. Injuries/Suspensions will occur and we will need a big fella up front if Oliver is out.

He's not going anywhere in my opinion.

I think many of you are underestimating the real potential in league two for someone like Akindie. Looking back how many players were really good for us at that level but unable to make the step up the list is endless. I believe Akindie is great signing in league two.For that reason in the same way we did for Samuel I believe a lower team will be very interested indeed if Evans made him available.
I dunno chris.
I think we’ll hold on to him.
Any injury or problem for Big V and he’s the only replacement.
I do agree that many league two clubs would be chuffed to get him.

I very much doubt Akinde is going anywhere and I hope he doesn't

Picking 1/2 of Samuel, Oliver and Akinde is a seriously good position to be in. All good players.

Rightfully Oliver will be picked over Akinde as it currently stands but form and injuries will make Akinde very important to us.

Hmmmm 🤔

Any guesses?

SE - "As the chairman said, if there is an exciting one there, do it. There is a young man at the minute who we would like to bring in, who is with a Scottish Premier League club. It would perhaps have to be a permanent now, given we have the six loans in, but we are looking at allsorts."