New player is... | Vital Football

New player is...

And now the “New Signing Incoming” tweet.

Probs announcement about 10 mins away 👍

I could crush a grape.......

Declan Drysdale 20yo CB on loan from Cov. Welcome Declan.

Will admit , I thought any incoming defender would be experienced. All our CB options are very young.

Anyone know anything about Declan? Not sure he’s made any League appearances anywhere yet.

Evans wasn't exagerrating when he said he wanted a younger squad. The average age of our squad is 24. Akinde oldest at 31 and Jackson and MacDonald are 30. We have nine players under the age of 22. For comparison that's younger than any team in the premier League last season. (Couldn't find any league one information)

Evans wasn't exagerrating when he said he wanted a younger squad. The average age of our squad is 24. Akinde oldest at 31 and Jackson and MacDonald are 30. We have nine players under the age of 22. For comparison that's younger than any team in the premier League last season. (Couldn't find any league one information)
Of those three older players only Jackson is expected to start regularly.

So there remains one more new signing to come. Left sided wide player maybe?
Evans mentioned playing a three at the back.it would make sense to have a really quick young player who could play as a wing back or as out and out left winger.Playing a three would play to Jackson's strengths I believe.But limit the possibilities in midfield.It would make sense if we could get the last player before the next trophy game.

So there remains one more new signing to come. Left sided wide player maybe?

I’m intrigued who our last signing will be.

I know he’s not always completely upfront about who we are after. But SE has repeatedly said he’s waiting on a Prem manager to give the go ahead on a signing. I thought that would be a young loan defender.

But now it appears it’s the forward left side player. Also meaning probably a loan. We won’t be signing permanents from EPL teams I doubt.

That would give us 6 loanees. Only 5 can be in the squad, but doubt that’s an issue. Even the 5 we currently have probably won’t all be in the squad together.

Any names out there to look out for?

I remember at the start of the Summer when people were upset about Fuller going. There were people accusing Evans of lying when Jackson came in.