Cowleys approached by Mansfield | Vital Football

Cowleys approached by Mansfield

NorthNottsImp

Vital Reserves Team
From a very good source within Mansfield..Radfords unhappy with start made by Stags. They have made initial contact with Cowleys to take over. Radfords have given assurances about finances and deal could be done by next League game. Cowleys itching to restore reputation.

Anything possible. Personally think there could be better jobs on the arising, Pompey, Ipswich etc.

Guaranteed to be in the Sky Studio on Thursday.

The only snag with Mansfield making such an offer is that it may affect their pay off from Huddersfield. I have no insider knowledge in the slightest, but often such severance is done on a 'your continued monthly payment up to the end of the contract stops when you accept another managerial role' If that was part of the sacking pay-off I'm not sure that Stags could match it.

Of course the Cowleys might just decide that they want to be back in the game and sod the Huddersfield pay-off

new training ground, under-performing team, money to spend, sounds perfect for cowley.

Which airport will mrs Redford pick them up from?

I'd hate to see them there but they'd probably do well. It wouldn't really advance their carerr, however, but they rather blew that by trashing their own methods when they left us.

Source is within club. They are apparently very open to going back into L2

Realistically, they're not going to get another championship job at this point. They might get a L1 billet but aren't proven at our level.

Probably time to reset for them.

Interesting if they do go. Their budget will be capped which I understand was always a bone of contention when they were here. Does the budget limit include manager and players or just players?

Their wages not an issue. Assurances given about playing budget. They just want to rewind 12 months with another club

They managed a full season in the Championship and kept a basket-case team, with a basket-case Chairman, up. They have more to offer the world of football than a League 2 project with 2 basket-case owners can offer them. I know that they have not experienced being out of work before, but they should know enough about football (and Mansfield in particular) to realise that 'patience is a virtue'.

They managed a full season in the Championship and kept a basket-case team, with a basket-case Chairman, up. They have more to offer the world of football than a League 2 project with 2 basket-case owners can offer them. I know that they have not experienced being out of work before, but they should know enough about football (and Mansfield in particular) to realise that 'patience is a virtue'.
Their stock is low presently

They managed a full season in the Championship nd kept a basket case team, with a basket case chairman, up. They have more to offer the world of football than a League 2 project with 2 basket case owners cabn offer them. I know that they have not experienced being out of work before, but they should know enough about football (and Mansfield in particular) to realise that 'patience is a virtue'.

Well, they had the option to be patient with LCFC in L1 and chose not to do so.

Why? They did a good job at Huddersfield. Just because the decision maker there is a narcissistic fool, that doesn't make them unequipped at Championship level.

Lack of experience does, though. And a reputation for wanting control that isn't generally granted at that level.

They have apparently identified a Liverpool U23 striker they want on loan. All hinges on this. Their contract with Huddersfield means they can take another job with sub Chamionship club with no financial penalty. Heard their representative flew out to Algarve this eve from East.Mids to discuss deal