Alli v Jose? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Alli v Jose?

The club has no choice but to get behind Jose, and so to a great extent is the same truth for the fans.

I want him to succeed, I am desperate to win something/anything, I do not want to lose any more finals or semi-finals we should have won.

Maybe Jose being a complete **** is the difference between the two?

He is not my sort of person as I think he is a Cameleon, a manipulator of the truth and a clever liar - and at times completely tactically up his own backside, but I wouldn't give a toss if he wins something.

We all know how it will end with him, but Levy won't let him act as he has done with other clubs that's for certain.

Levy is giving him all that he is asking for, let's hope it is enough.

The club has no choice but to get behind Jose, and so to a great extent is the same truth for the fans.

I want him to succeed, I am desperate to win something/anything, I do not want to lose any more finals or semi-finals we should have won.

Maybe Jose being a complete **** is the difference between the two?

He is not my sort of person as I think he is a Cameleon, a manipulator of the truth and a clever liar - and at times completely tactically up his own backside, but I wouldn't give a toss if he wins something.

We all know how it will end with him, but Levy won't let him act as he has done with other clubs that's for certain.

Levy is giving him all that he is asking for, let's hope it is enough.
So far I think it’s fair to say that opinion is he didn’t ask for PEH, maybe for Dougherty and now maybe the RM LB which presumably he has asked for and presumably Bale is instead of a striker if it happens....I wouldn’t say Levy is giving him everything he has asked for, maybe understandably.

So far I think it’s fair to say that opinion is he didn’t ask for PEH, maybe for Dougherty and now maybe the RM LB which presumably he has asked for and presumably Bale is instead of a striker if it happens....I wouldn’t say Levy is giving him everything he has asked for, maybe understandably.

Sorry Hari, I can absolutely 100% guarantee you beyond any shadow of a doubt that PEH was a personal insistent buy by Jose - he rates him as one of the best if not the best defensive midfielder in the league, apart from the clubs' scouts, he had his second in command watch him 5 times last year and it's claimed *cough *cough that Jose personally tapped him up.

All I can say about PEH in reflection after my initial reaction with the Everton game - is let's give him a chance, apparently, he's far better than we saw Sunday.

Last edited:
I personally want Jose to succeed, same as I wanted Poch to and AVB and Harry before that. I wont cheer for a manager's failure as that means I'm cheering for the team to fail and what is the point of supporting a club if that's your attitude.

Sunday's defeat was the first time I've criticised him since he arrived. I gave him a free pass last season, even backed him concerning certain player interactions and defended him when I felt the media were twisting his words out of context to get a non existant story.

But against Everton he deserved all the criticism aimed at him, not only for the negative approach right from the start, but for an even more negative substitution at half time. That's how I saw it at the time and 3 days later hasn't changed my mind. His brand of football doesn't help matters when things don't go well, that's just the reality of it.

And if you look at NRD's player rating thread, I gave it to the team with both barrells as well, there was more than enough to go around. Credit where its due and same as that for criticism.

Get past Plovdiv by any means necessary and that's something we can hopefully build on.

Sorry Hari, I can absolutely 100% guarantee you beyond any shadow of a doubt that PEH was a personal insistent buy by Jose - he rates him as one of the best if not the best defensive midfielder in the league, apart from the clubs' scouts, he had his second in command watch him 5 times last year and it's claimed *cough *cough that Jose personally tapped him up.

All I can say about PEH in reflection after my initial reaction with the Everton game - is let's give him a chance, apparently, he's far better than we saw Sunday.
Thanks EX...I hope you’re right...he’s been very unimpressive so far but ok it’s early yet.

Yes and No for me. Jose already new the stores he was shopping in so asked for PEH. That's probably why he didn't ask for Neves and Jota, but did ask for Doherty. Would he have asked for these same players as Chelsea, Utd or RM manager. I'm not so sure but think it is a good thing that he's adjusting to life as a Spurs manager and the natural constraints.

As I keep saying, I just hope he nurtures these younger kids that we have. As well as the Bales, we need to see the churn of the Sissoko's, Moura's and Toby's to really get this project going. Create the space for Tanganga, Sess, Parrott etc.

I looked at Jose's Utd squad at one point and half of the 25 were 29 or over. If that starts to happen like it did with Harry then we know how it will end.

Yup, that Jose is a tactically inept, horrible man manager and is turning what was a very successful football team into an angry, sulky mess....I feel so sorry for the players...it must be hell to be told they aren’t as good as they think they are...I mean, why would anyone say that to successful professionals with a history of winning things at Spurs....

After watching the documentary it's pretty clear the players do not listen to what he says.

Jose predicted what would happen numerous times yet they still messed it up.

A bunch of snow flakes the lot of them.

Yes and No for me. Jose already new the stores he was shopping in so asked for PEH. That's probably why he didn't ask for Neves and Jota, but did ask for Doherty. Would he have asked for these same players as Chelsea, Utd or RM manager. I'm not so sure but think it is a good thing that he's adjusting to life as a Spurs manager and the natural constraints.

As I keep saying, I just hope he nurtures these younger kids that we have. As well as the Bales, we need to see the churn of the Sissoko's, Moura's and Toby's to really get this project going. Create the space for Tanganga, Sess, Parrott etc.

I looked at Jose's Utd squad at one point and half of the 25 were 29 or over. If that starts to happen like it did with Harry then we know how it will end.
If you are in a mess and don’t have loads of money to spend it makes sense to recruit older players who you know will give you a certain level of performance to buy time to wait for the younger players to develop physically and mentally and to bridge the gap to the time when revenues will begin to flow again...it gives a better chance of being competitive than spending money on more expensive, unproven younger players who, if they are proven would be out of our price range.

We also have to remind ourselves that Deli has had a challenging upbringing. The wiring that many children and young people have do not apply universally.
You are right. Far too many kids like him end up in trouble. He's done well to get this far and I hope he can put his injuries behind him as well as other various issues he has, whether they be inherent or otherwise. As frustrating as he can be, at 24 years old with 50 PL goals and 33 assists, he's way too young and talented to give up on.

Dele's biggest issue is his own brain at the moment. Its so easy to criticise him for his last couple of seasons but his injuries have had a major impact on his confidence. He has his fitness back again but he needs guidance to get his mental fitness back.

Problem is he's not self motivated. He needs the whip cracked cos he's a slacker as far as i can see.

I'm not sure about that. Great insights in the Jose and Dier interviews this week. Jose strongly implied that Dier doesn't scream and shout and get angry. He is just a polite, nice guy and the word Jose used was "introspective" when he was subbed at half time. The journo's were obviously hoping Jose said "Yeah, he screamed and shouted at me and told me I'm a fecking idiot and want a transfer". Completely the opposite actually. Dele clearly knows that Jose is in his corner and helping him to get back to what he was and even beyond.

What was funny in the Dier interview was when a journo asked him how it felt for a player get taken off at half time obviously relating to Dele. Dier first looked downwards at the desk and then composed himself before saying something like "I dunno, I got taken off after 30 mins" :-)

Dele needs to keep things simple. He is over complicating his game. These pointless flicks or dribbles that never amount to anything must stop. He has lived off the Palace goal for far too long.

His strength's are his athleticism, movement, aggression and getting in the area finding spaces and scoring goals.

Get Ndombele and Lo Celso in behind him and we potentially have a very good team.

Dele needs to keep things simple. He is over complicating his game. These pointless flicks or dribbles that never amount to anything must stop. He has lived off the Palace goal for far too long.

His strength's are his athleticism, movement, aggression and getting in the area finding spaces and scoring goals.

Get Ndombele and Lo Celso in behind him and we potentially have a very good team.
His movement off the ball is second to none. We need to get the lad further forward & our transitional play needs to improve immeasurably.

I'm not sure about that. Great insights in the Jose and Dier interviews this week. Jose strongly implied that Dier doesn't scream and shout and get angry. He is just a polite, nice guy and the word Jose used was "introspective" when he was subbed at half time. The journo's were obviously hoping Jose said "Yeah, he screamed and shouted at me and told me I'm a fecking idiot and want a transfer". Completely the opposite actually. Dele clearly knows that Jose is in his corner and helping him to get back to what he was and even beyond.

What was funny in the Dier interview was when a journo asked him how it felt for a player get taken off at half time obviously relating to Dele. Dier first looked downwards at the desk and then composed himself before saying something like "I dunno, I got taken off after 30 mins" :-)
Constantly looking at his phone in a working environment, laughing off criticism during a squad meeting & worst of all your head coach calling you effing lazy would tell me otherwise.

Constantly looking at his phone in a working environment, laughing off criticism during a squad meeting & worst of all your head coach calling you effing lazy would tell me otherwise.

And to top it off he takes that lax attitude onto the field. Couple that to his low technical ability, it is no surprise that he has steadily regressed over the last three years, and has taken our team backwards with him.

And to top it off he takes that lax attitude onto the field. Couple that to his low technical ability, it is no surprise that he has steadily regressed over the last three years, and has taken our team backwards with him.
He needs to get his priorities straight. There's a huge talent in there if he's willing to knuckle down. That looks unlikely atm.

Problem is he's not self motivated. He needs the whip cracked cos he's a slacker as far as i can see.
I agree with that, but then again I come from a very different era, that saying Deli needs a friend who can talk harshly and honestly to him, so firstly try putting your past behind you and prove everybody wrong and wake up young man, prove everybody wrong, you can do it, go on do it, you know you can.

I agree with that, but then again I come from a very different era, that saying Deli needs a friend who can talk harshly and honestly to him, so firstly try putting your past behind you and prove everybody wrong and wake up young man, prove everybody wrong, you can do it, go on do it, you know you can.
He used to have an edge but that's long gone now. If he isn't willing to put in the work then he has to go, it's as simple as that.