Gareth Bale - Player Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Gareth Bale - Player Thread

It's free to read online I just counted 107 games missed in his time and he is injured now.

Lamela has missed 132 games for Tottenham. He's played in 185 (10670 minutes) in the last six years – 58% of the available appearances and 37% of the available minutes (28530).

Just for info!

I just Danny Rosed Gareth....

69 games

However, this is Bale's 22nd injury since joining Madrid from Tottenham in August 2013. According to Transfermarkt, Bale has missed an incredible 69 games, and 343 days, due to injury since signing for Real for a world record fee.

Missing through other issues (ZZ etc), not relevant imo.

69 games

However, this is Bale's 22nd injury since joining Madrid from Tottenham in August 2013. According to Transfermarkt, Bale has missed an incredible 69 games, and 343 days, due to injury since signing for Real for a world record fee.

That's an average of 11 games a season in his time at RM. They play how many a season? 60 odd? So less than 20% unavailable. For a player we would be getting on a loan that's more than acceptable to me, particularly given the calibre of the player and the alternatives available to us.

pjones40 says he counted 107 however and that's not even over the duration of his career at RM. He doesn't say where he read this though.

The reason for Bale not playing in the last 2 seasons has been more because of Zidane being a **** than anything else. I don't think it has ever helped that Bale basically taunted Real all of last season, but the massive difference for him coming back to us is the fans adored him here and the Real fans have consistently been arseholes to him. Awful supporters.

69 games

Not on the site I read it was over 100

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200916-125358_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200916-125358_Chrome.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20200916-125349_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200916-125349_Chrome.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 3
I would not like to see a lot of good players on the bench getting bored. I don’t like Mourinho choices for each match, I’d prefer to see all our players fit and match fit and up and at it EVERY game. We’re already 3 points down. That’s BAD. We are a top side, at least we WERE. WE SHOULDN’T BE IN THIS POSITION. I say ditch Deli I don’t think he’s prolific enough. He often loses tackles, mis fires or is not scoring. Not good enough. Do we also need an unfit Bale who if he has regular knee problems if he takes games to get match fit and up to his proper fiery and potent self. We don’t need second hand second rate players, I say that as much as I have a great respect for Bale.

Get us fit José and let’s pull our fingers out!

Not on the site I read it was over 100
That's 85 games missed over six seasons for Real Madrid. That's an average of 14 games a season. Depending on how many games RM play each season that's between 20% and 25% unavailability. For a player on loan that's a number I could live with given the other compensatory factors.

Harry Kane has missed over 50 games in the last 4 seasons for us at a fairly similar ratio. Not that we should be using him as a benchmark for fitness I guess.

Why would we want any of our players to play 100% of games anyway? That just creates burnout. The point of having a bigger and more balanced squad is that we can keep everyone fresh and rotate.

I would be telling Bale that he has 38 league games that he needs to be fit for selection. On top of that it's then based on his fitness and freshness whether he can play 2 games in a week and get involved in the other comps. He is 31 and needs to be treated like every other 31 year old. Toby springs to mind.

That's 85 games missed over six seasons for Real Madrid. That's an average of 14 games a season. Depending on how many games RM play each season that's between 20% and 25% unavailability. For a player on loan that's a number I could live with given the other compensatory factors.

Harry Kane has missed over 50 games in the last 4 seasons for us at a fairly similar ratio. Not that we should be using him as a benchmark for fitness I guess.

Bale is 31 though and when your that age you have to look at his last season and he only played 1260 minutes. He is not fit and has not really concentrated on football for a while. He will be our highest earner and his focuses are everywhere. Especially if we lose Dele in the process. I am not a huge Dele fan but if we start trading our young stars for older ones then we are truly done. All Jose is focused on is winning a trophy and he doesn't care what happens after that

Bale is 31 though and when your that age you have to look at his last season and he only played 1260 minutes. He is not fit and has not really concentrated on football for a while. He will be our highest earner and his focuses are everywhere. Especially if we lose Dele in the process. I am not a huge Dele fan but if we start trading our young stars for older ones then we are truly done. All Jose is focused on is winning a trophy and he doesn't care what happens after that
Funny that...I spoke to Jose last week and he told me that he wants to build a dynasty here....well, actually I didn’t and he didn’t tell me that but that’s just the equivalent level of fact that you keep stating about what he thinks and what he is going to do....you have no idea so why keep regurgitating the same stuff.

Why would we want any of our players to play 100% of games anyway? That just creates burnout. The point of having a bigger and more balanced squad is that we can keep everyone fresh and rotate.

I would be telling Bale that he has 38 league games that he needs to be fit for selection. On top of that it's then based on his fitness and freshness whether he can play 2 games in a week and get involved in the other comps. He is 31 and needs to be treated like every other 31 year old. Toby springs to mind.
Absolutely. That's why we need a squad with genuine competition for places. That in itself will raise the standard. And if any player doesn't want to compete for his place he should go and find another club.

All Jose is focused on is winning a trophy and he doesn't care what happens after that
Funny that...I spoke to Jose last week and he told me that he wants to build a dynasty here....well, actually I didn’t and he didn’t tell me that but that’s just the equivalent level of fact that you keep stating about what he thinks and what he is going to do....you have no idea so why keep regurgitating the same stuff.
You saved me writing exactly the same thing. It's wearying after a while.

And why it is such an issue that Jose is only focused on winning a trophy is beyond me. That's what he brought in for. I hope.

He is not a worker maybe he used to be but most off his work is done going forward not tracking back. Plus last season he was challenged by zz and told by the club to stop playing golf to help with injuries and he still played golf. He pulled out off a squad saying he was injured then went straight out to play golf. Zz is not Jose and Jose would not stand for this
In answer to your answer, what went on between ZZ and GB is all rumour, we have no bloody idea what went on between the 2 of them, I am going to say it ZZ is a racist, he is French and hates British players, that's why I do not think Deli will be going the other way, I have my tin hat on LOL!

In answer to your answer, what went on between ZZ and GB is all rumour, we have no bloody idea what went on between the 2 of them, I am going to say it ZZ is a racist, he is French and hates British players, that's why I do not think Deli will be going the other way, I have my tin hat on LOL!

ZZ and Becks were pretty much best mates at RM, to then point there were jokes going around about living in each others pockets and one or other of them of both being bi-sexual!!

So not sure the anti-British thing stacks up!?

If we get 25-30 really good games out of him, I'd be absolutely delighted.

When I said all he cares about is trophies. He has said that many times. I only write what he says or he has done in many clubs. I don't know exactly what is going through his head. When he speaks it's always I won this I won that he doesn't give a crap about what happens when he leaves. You think he is not what I say that's your opinion mine is different.