The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 320 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

We reportedly (according to his agent) had a bid accepted weeks ago but he didn't want to join us in favour of holding out for a move to RB Leipzig and not wanting to be in a relegation fight.

So now that RB Leipzig are reportedly not interested and we are the only club that has met his valuation, he is reportedly on the fence about signing for us or not.

If the above is true, might not be of course but it seems quite an obscure story to make up which would be fairly uninteresting to the neutral, then I personally would have withdrawn the bid and gone for someone who wants to join us. I've got no interest in watching Aston Villa feat. Rashica.
Why the hell would he know or care about Villa? What have we done in his lifetime? He didn't grow up in Perrt Barr and spend his teenage years walking past the McGregor statue. We need to stop fooling ourselves that Villa are a world name.

Why the hell would he know or care about Villa? What have we done in his lifetime? He didn't grow up in Perrt Barr and spend his teenage years walking past the McGregor statue. We need to stop fooling ourselves that Villa are a world name.

Villa are a world name mate, every football fan in the World knows Aston Villa, they won't know anything about us they won't know we are a Birmingham club but they do know the name

Come on mate, I don't think you really mean that, do you? I think you are being a touch melodramatic.

Fine, you don't like his attitude (cooked up through press reports only, unless you have met the guy) but to sack off the Villa if he joins? I don't think so.
Hahaha I didn't mean I won't watch, I just mean watching players who don't want to be part of the club doesn't really appeal to me like watching Grealish and McGinn would for example.

We reportedly (according to his agent) had a bid accepted weeks ago but he didn't want to join us in favour of holding out for a move to RB Leipzig and not wanting to be in a relegation fight.

So now that RB Leipzig are reportedly not interested and we are the only club that has met his valuation, he is reportedly on the fence about signing for us or not.

If the above is true, might not be of course but it seems quite an obscure story to make up which would be fairly uninteresting to the neutral, then I personally would have withdrawn the bid and gone for someone who wants to join us. I've got no interest in watching Aston Villa feat. Rashica.
All of that is conjecture. There are no attributable quotes.

You think somehow a guy from Kosovo who plays in Germany should be doing cartwheels because of interest in him by some club that did well in the early 80s? If he's ambitious, and has been convinced that we're equally ambitious, then those are two really good things. There are many players who wouldn't currently touch us with a barge pole but we'd have in a flash. The idea is we improve so we can attract those players.

All of that said, I can't believe you're in a huff because of a third hand statement from a sports tabloid. He's a good player who will massively improve his position. He'd replace El Ghazi, who I watched give up at Southampton because he just didn't fancy it. *That* guy can fuck off.

I'm virtually certain that Traore is the backup to Rashica not coming, I can't believe Traore is anyone's first choice, especially at anything like £15-20m - he cost them £8.8m and has spent his time on the bench since FFS!
Traoré has only been benched since the new manager came in, he was red hot last season, and what they paid for him is irrelevant, Brentford only paid £1.8m for Watkins, didn’t stop us dropping £33m for him.

Traoré has only been benched since the new manager came in, he was red hot last season, and what they paid for him is irrelevant, Brentford only paid £1.8m for Watkins, didn’t stop us dropping £33m for him.

He still get subbed a lot something like 90 in 200 games, twice as many coming off the pitch than on it, Being in a French league I would be concerned that he won't last and will struggle with match fitness, more likely an impact sub, hopefully I'm wrong as he looks athletic, but how many times have we heard players they didn't realise how fit you have to be to play in the Premiership, I only have to think back to Danny Drinkwater's comments and he trains with Chelsea week in week out.

So I think we'll regularly see Trezequet on in replacement.

He still get subbed a lot something like 90 in 200 games, twice as many coming off the pitch than on it, Being in a French league I would be concerned that he won't last and will struggle with match fitness, more likely an impact sub, hopefully I'm wrong as he looks athletic, but how many times have we heard players they didn't realise how fit you have to be to play in the Premiership, I only have to think back to Danny Drinkwater's comments and he trains with Chelsea week in week out.

So I think we'll regularly see Trezequet on in replacement.
He’s played in the premiership with Chelsea? I’m sure he’s well aware of what the premiership is about, And Drinkwater is an alcoholic, no wonder he wasn’t fit!
And you believe it’s less taxing playing the likes of PSG over Fulham, yeah alright.

He’s played in the premiership with Chelsea? I’m sure he’s well aware of what the premiership is about, And Drinkwater is an alcoholic, no wonder he wasn’t fit!
And you believe it’s less taxing playing the likes of PSG over Fulham, yeah alright.
Chelsea 10 games a long time ago ?

Yeah because every other fucker from the French league has done really well with the pace for this club, want me to list them off for you ?

Chelsea 10 games a long time ago ?

Yeah because every other fucker from the French league has done really well with the pace for this club, want me to list them off for you ?
By all means fill yer boots, make sure you list every French player that’s played in the premiership though, that’ll make it a fairer assessment.

Cautiously optimistic about Martinez, I think he'll quickly establish himself as our long term number 1 and will be number 1 for Argentina as well.
I don’t think he would’ve signed if we hadn’t offered him the No1 spot, which tells us Heaton injury is worse than we originally thought especially at his age, sad really cos Heaton was a very good keeper, always felt safe with him playing 😢