The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 319 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Don't think they'll all come good straight away, so perhaps hedging bets. The bench should improve as well, giving us better options to change things up.

True enough but there's one kid who's already proven himself one of the PL's best players last year and he's up for grabs at just £25m - He'd cover Jack/SJM if necessary and otherwise replace Hourihane/Ghazi et al in one fell swoop

Madness not to make him ours IMO.

If Rashica doesn't sign and we get Buendia and Traore it would make me think Traore was the backup plan to Rashica.

Rashica and Buendia are wildly different players you're going from extreme to the other. A faster direct runner to a composed passer and creator. Traore and Rashica's strengths have considerable overlap.

It makes me wonder how we would approach games if you could only have two of the above.

I'm virtually certain that Traore is the backup to Rashica not coming, I can't believe Traore is anyone's first choice, especially at anything like £15-20m - he cost them £8.8m and has spent his time on the bench since FFS!

I'm virtually certain that Traore is the backup to Rashica not coming, I can't believe Traore is anyone's first choice, especially at anything like £15-20m - he cost them £8.8m and has spent his time on the bench since FFS!
The fee is quite high for someone of apparently questionable quality and who isn’t in the first team plans

I would be surprised if we signed another forward although I thought there was no way we’d buy another right back so I literally don’t know our transfers at all

True enough but there's one kid who's already proven himself one of the PL's best players last year and he's up for grabs at just £25m - He'd cover Jack/SJM if necessary and otherwise replace Hourihane/Ghazi et al in one fell swoop

Madness not to make him ours IMO.

I have to agree - he mitigates the impending disaster which is selling Grealish. Who will leave within 24 months unless we make tremendous strides and rocket up the league.

I think we need to be in the frame for Champions League Football within 24-36 months. If we're not in Europe at all at the end of 24 months he is gone. Even convincing him to stay beyond this season could be a huge challenge.

Guys I actually think we'll get both players.

Wouldn't be surprised at this;

--------------------------------Watkins-----------------------------

------Rashica------------------Grealish----------------Traore-----

--------------------Luiz--------------------McGinn----------------

Targett------------Mings------------------Konsa------------Cash

------------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

It would make absolutely no sense for Traore to be Rashica's replacement when they're used to playing on opposite sides.

It would make absolutely no sense for Traore to be Rashica's replacement when they're used to playing on opposite sides.
Yeah I don't think you're far off there. Rashica is going to be starting off on a very bad foot with me though, he very clearly thinks he is bigger and better than this football club and that goes against everything I think a player should feel when he puts our shirt on. He will have to say and do a lot of right things to win me over if he eventually signs.

Excited about Traore, I've watched a lot more of him than Rashica and he is an incredibly skilled and dangerous player. Chelsea have a habit of throwing these Salah's and De Bruyne's away only for them to come back to the premier league a couple of years later and absolutely tear it up.

I have to agree - he mitigates the impending disaster which is selling Grealish. Who will leave within 24 months unless we make tremendous strides and rocket up the league.

I think we need to be in the frame for Champions League Football within 24-36 months. If we're not in Europe at all at the end of 24 months he is gone. Even convincing him to stay beyond this season could be a huge challenge.

I think the impending disaster is an injury to Grealish or McGinn again and there's nobody remotely close to being able to cover for them.

Yeah I don't think you're far off there. Rashica is going to be starting off on a very bad foot with me though, he very clearly thinks he is bigger and better than this football club and that goes against everything I think a player should feel when he puts our shirt on. He will have to say and do a lot of right things to win me over if he eventually signs.
Why, what's he said?

Why, what's he said?
We reportedly (according to his agent) had a bid accepted weeks ago but he didn't want to join us in favour of holding out for a move to RB Leipzig and not wanting to be in a relegation fight.

So now that RB Leipzig are reportedly not interested and we are the only club that has met his valuation, he is reportedly on the fence about signing for us or not.

If the above is true, might not be of course but it seems quite an obscure story to make up which would be fairly uninteresting to the neutral, then I personally would have withdrawn the bid and gone for someone who wants to join us. I've got no interest in watching Aston Villa feat. Rashica.

We reportedly (according to his agent) had a bid accepted weeks ago but he didn't want to join us in favour of holding out for a move to RB Leipzig and not wanting to be in a relegation fight.

So now that RB Leipzig are reportedly not interested and we are the only club that has met his valuation, he is reportedly on the fence about signing for us or not.

If the above is true, might not be of course but it seems quite an obscure story to make up which would be fairly uninteresting to the neutral, then I personally would have withdrawn the bid and gone for someone who wants to join us. I've got no interest in watching Aston Villa feat. Rashica.
I'm with you on that one, but is it really true? we dont really know, but i must admit, it seems to be dragging on a bit, Can't imagine any manager wanting a player that don't want to come, so we will see.

I'm with you on that one, but is it really true? we dont really know, but i must admit, it seems to be dragging on a bit, Can't imagine any manager wanting a player that don't want to come, so we will see.

We'll never really know if these things are true (nature of this thread really) but if it was, I doubt we would still be after him, as it's been said that the players we want to bring in have to fit the ethos of the club, which is a good thing.

No more prima donnas.

Carbon copy of team I've been posting lately. I reckon we'll play double pivot Wengerball with Jack at #10 with free license to roam

We'll never really know if these things are true (nature of this thread really) but if it was, I doubt we would still be after him, as it's been said that the players we want to bring in have to fit the ethos of the club, which is a good thing.

No more prima donnas.
Exactly. If you look at the players coming in, they want to be here, never really thought that last season other than for the the money. If you get players in like Cash, its a big plus. rather than someone that sees us as another big pay day.

And yet we hear from the Werder Bremen owner or whoever was quoted this week saying there has now been contact but nothing concrete or definite and there is still a long way to go.

I don’t see how that is having a bid accepted and he doesn’t want to come. Usual bull and made up nonsense.

And yet we hear from the Werder Bremen owner or whoever was quoted this week saying there has now been contact but nothing concrete or definite and there is still a long way to go.

I don’t see how that is having a bid accepted and he doesn’t want to come. Usual bull and made up nonsense.
So much bullshit spoken and we are right to ignore it, its hard though when your hoping to hear some good news so we kind of fall in the trap.

Last edited:
Let's face it, if any player thinking of moving saw the chance of playing in the CL then it would be a huge attraction. Something that player would only give up on if that route was firmly closed. Don't see anything wrong with that.