Match Thread: Bradford City v Lincoln City | Page 19 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Bradford City v Lincoln City

Jackson was booked for a foul on the edge of the box.

Not on our Official Site or the BBC Site.

And apparently the referee wasn't Michael Salisbury, despite it being on a usually reliable website that it was.

So are we a counter attacking team? is that our tactics? or the tactics thrust upon us from the last two games?

Yep and to think Montmsa would have missed the Liverpool game if he picked up a Yellow card too, I was worried when he clashed with the Bradford guy in the box because a lot of refs would have booked them both.
As well as he is playing, Montsma is a yellow card waiting to happen at the moment. Hopefully he'll calm down after a few games..

Fantastic performance.

At 3-0 I switched to BBC Radio Leeds, just for shits and giggles, I think you’re allowed to do that at 3-0 away from home ! Decent commentary and fair.

However, praise to the BBC reporter who asked Stuart McCall some very tough questions. Perhaps the BBC could use it as a training package for all BBC local radio and in particular Lincolnshire.

It was mentioned in the commentary that Jackson was booked. The camera was elsewhere so we didn't see it, but did see the referee apparently putting the card away in his pocket.

Definitely said Jackson was carded on commentary but it wasn’t seen on the screen. Was a silly challenge.

Then again a positive that we wont have to put with any Liverpool plastics coming to the game that come from Lincoln.
I work with 3 of them.
x2 Liverpool/Barnsley "supporters"
1 Liverpool/Donny
At least I have the get-out of their questionable "support" if we get dicked. I've already asked if they've added Leeds to their list now they're back in the big time.

So are we a counter attacking team? is that our tactics? or the tactics thrust upon us from the last two games?

I definitely think we will be a team who isn't afraid of opposite possession which continually results in nothing (bit like FGR over two seasons in L2) and who have a well drilled structured defence with a lightening approach to break out and counter.

The pace, work rate and mobility of the wide players are the most striking thing for me.

When your widee/inside forward options are Anderson, Morton, Scully, Elbouzedi and Howarth then that's not a bad starting point from a counter attacking point of view. Then Grant adds a little bit of something different.

I commented after the Oxford game that our style home and away will be counter-attack. Soak up a bit of pressure and hit on the break with quick attacks. It will help against the likes of Sunderland, Ipswich etc....possibly less so when the likes of Shrewsbury put 10 behind the ball, but I have confidence that we have that extra nous in the team to break those types down now