Summer 2020 transfers | Page 58 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Interesting read this morning on what Emi has to say about his future . Reading between the lines he would jump at the chance to stay in the PL with another club , but is covering himself by saying his head is still with us . He will go .

He is the most important creative player we have and nothing less than £30m is enough to prise him from us.

what is our value of him? Palace, Villa and everton linked also a couple of spanish sides but he wants prem football.

Jesus olly Watkins transfer to villa cost up to 33 million.

Makes you wonder how much we could have got for pukki after his 1st season. How much could we get for emi, Godfrey and Aarons after they were very good in championship and now have premiership experience?

I don't want to sell but just saying.

This may sound like an odd suggestion but why do relegated teams never loan out their stars when they get relegated with a view to sell if they don't get straight back up? if they do go straight back up - the players return in the prem. I know that sounds ridiculous but footballers careers aren't long and a season is a chunk of their career so of course they want to play in the prem - add to that international call ups and international tournaments - they need to play in the top league. Most people will be shouting "loyalty" but so much money is wasted selling good players and not being able to replace them. buying a player is a gamble not a science. i would be ok with Emi loaned for the season - and then return to us when we are promoted - with a season more experience in the premier league. Is this absolute blasphemy??

This may sound like an odd suggestion but why do relegated teams never loan out their stars when they get relegated with a view to sell if they don't get straight back up? if they do go straight back up - the players return in the prem. I know that sounds ridiculous but footballers careers aren't long and a season is a chunk of their career so of course they want to play in the prem - add to that international call ups and international tournaments - they need to play in the top league. Most people will be shouting "loyalty" but so much money is wasted selling good players and not being able to replace them. buying a player is a gamble not a science. i would be ok with Emi loaned for the season - and then return to us when we are promoted - with a season more experience in the premier league. Is this absolute blasphemy??
The problem lies with the premiership buyers. They don't want a loan, especially if we do get back up because that player is then playing against them. Unfortunately a lot of the bigger teams buy to stop other teams getting them and also as a future big saleable assett.

my thought process was that quite often the players end up at promoted sides - who then get relegated. if Emi went to Leeds they could go down - we would never buy him back if we went up. A loan solves that issue.

Interesting read this morning on what Emi has to say about his future . Reading between the lines he would jump at the chance to stay in the PL with another club , but is covering himself by saying his head is still with us . He will go .

Was a bit of a random interview, because I'm not sure it told us anything we didn't already know. We know all of these young players will be off if a big PL bid/club comes in for them, but they're all good lads and won't kick up a fuss if a bid doesn't come in.

Seems to have riled a few up on twitter, who for some reason seem to think players should want to play for Norwich for the whole of their careers. Always makes me chuckle, like if they were a player for Norwich and say Man Utd came in and offered to quadruple their wages and give them a huge signing on fee, they wouldn't be off at the snap of their fingers (I would!)

All a bit of a storm in a teacup for me.

my thought process was that quite often the players end up at promoted sides - who then get relegated. if Emi went to Leeds they could go down - we would never buy him back if we went up. A loan solves that issue.

The other issue may be that unless the loan involves a big fee and all of wages paid there is not funding for a replacement player.

BBC Sport this morning and 2 stories which show everything that is wrong with pay for footballers.

Bale to Spuds ?
Where Bale is concerned, a loan looks likeliest at the moment, although a permanent transfer has not been ruled out with Real keen to recover costs as they look to offload their highest earner.

Bale's salary is perhaps the biggest hurdle for Spurs to overcome - he still has two years left on a contract which is thought to be worth about £600,000 a week.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is working through the detail of the deal and how to make it work. Indications are Real would be willing to pay a proportion of Bale's salary but even then he would be getting more than England and Tottenham captain Harry Kane.

Macclesfield Town FC wound up in High Court over debts exceeding £500,000

One weeks gross pay could save a complete football club !

BBC Sport this morning and 2 stories which show everything that is wrong with pay for footballers.

Bale to Spuds ?
Where Bale is concerned, a loan looks likeliest at the moment, although a permanent transfer has not been ruled out with Real keen to recover costs as they look to offload their highest earner.

Bale's salary is perhaps the biggest hurdle for Spurs to overcome - he still has two years left on a contract which is thought to be worth about £600,000 a week.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is working through the detail of the deal and how to make it work. Indications are Real would be willing to pay a proportion of Bale's salary but even then he would be getting more than England and Tottenham captain Harry Kane.

Macclesfield Town FC wound up in High Court over debts exceeding £500,000

One weeks gross pay could save a complete football club !
It is crazy. I do wonder why the other football clubs don't all chip in to help out their football family.

The owners of Manc City could just pay that like me paying £2.50 for a paper.

Sitti and Sinani on the way out on loan.

The squad trimming is happening now. Still Trybull, Leitner and Drmic can't get a move.

Waasland-Beveren are close to agreeing the deal. You may never see them play for us. If we go up will these two be seen as 1st teamers then? I like seeing players go on loan to develop and I felt like Sinani needed to get a loan move.

I didn't realise that Sinani was seen as a forward for us. I thought he was seen as a number 10 or right wing.

They were both project players (as DF calls them) so makes sense.

Just hope we get the other three moved on and get some money.

With the u23 side losing sinani, sitti and lomas and with others all out on loan do you think David Wright gets a little pissed off? He has to manage the u23s and their training so preparing for a game and then three players go must be tricky. He doesn't have many u23 players left and will have to use u18 players which then has an affect on the u18 manager and team.