The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 217 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

Did you rate Osborn?

What you are not bearing in mind is the fact that all of qualities like the graft and the dirty nasty stuff that these type of players do, and in doing so make the players around them look better, are not quite so evident on computer games so they tend to be ignored.

Ask Carvalho what he thought of Osborn; I bet he loved him

They may be lining up bids but that is nowhere near enough for him.
Whether or not he is our player of the season, he is an established and trusted midfielder in a team that finished 7th on goal difference at the age of just 22!
I'd be pleased if we snapped up a promising, but also tried and tested, youngster like him for that sort of money.
No deal.

its a strange one because IF EM doesnt fancy/trust Sabri then dont pile us up with trash signings...especially if the manager doesnt want them.

if you trust/support him then let him have the players he wants rather than 5th choice bargain basement...hardly a fair yard stick to measure his results by if he has to make do and mend

the whole carvalho situation seems very weird and as some have posted, maybe its the row between EM and the agents

i dont think we will ever see exciting footy under sabri...but i would take effective performances

i like yates...sure he isnt the most talented we have, but he is young and will develop

2m is ridiculous

Exactly

He may not be the most talented player we have but he is nowhere near as bad as some of the cognoscenti have you believe.

Would he be first choice if everyone was available? maybe not, but he is a valuable member of the squad nevertheless.

its a strange one because IF EM doesnt fancy/trust Sabri then dont pile us up with trash signings...especially if the manager doesnt want them.

if you trust/support him then let him have the players he wants rather than 5th choice bargain basement...hardly a fair yard stick to measure his results by if he has to make do and mend

the whole carvalho situation seems very weird and as some have posted, maybe its the row between EM and the agents

i dont think we will ever see exciting footy under sabri...but i would take effective performances

We had this debate prior to last season starting and the permanent signings turned out to be of an acceptable standard and much better than the early prognosis; they were significantly better than the loans turned out.

Some people just have to moan for the sake of it; if they were not on here moaning they would have to listen to their wives moaning at them.

Not posted for a while as the bickering gets a bit dull.

However, regarding SL, he has just appointed a large proportion of new backroom staff so to judge the team on the shortest pre season ever and one game is somewhat harsh. It will take time for them to gel so he should be given that. Not sure no the fixtures but after this weekend they come thick and fast.

With Carvalho, I did read that at the end of last season SL had words regarding his attitude. Perhaps this has continued but I feel he should be in the matchday squad as he does provide something different. He can play in the freeman role or on the right if required. I just feel he has too much talent not to be in the squad.

My thoughts on Worrall is that if and when Burnley sell Tarkowski(?) then he will go there. Its a matter of if Burnley get an acceptable offer. That is the reason why we have been in the market to CB's as it may have been a verbal agreement between SL / Management and JW.

I also feel SL needs to unleash the shackles a little and let other teams be afraid of our attacking threat. I'm not necessarily saying if you score 3 we will score 4 type, but we do have a talented front 3/4, lets let them win the games for us.

thanks.

What you are not bearing in mind is the fact that all of qualities like the graft and the dirty nasty stuff that these type of players do, and in doing so make the players around them look better, are not quite so evident on computer games so they tend to be ignored.

Ask Carvalho what he thought of Osborn; I bet he loved him

You do realise I've been the biggest defender of Osborn on the forum.? Including him at fullback where he had huge potential.

We had this debate prior to last season starting and the permanent signings turned out to be of an acceptable standard and much better than the early prognosis; they were significantly better than the loans turned out.

Some people just have to moan for the sake of it; if they were not on here moaning they would have to listen to their wives moaning at them.

Some did, some didn't. The winter window was an unmitigated disaster though leaving a stretched squad in a weaker position.

Sorry but must add another short comment to the debates swirling around Carvalho. £13 million pounds ( if that is correct) buys you in my opinion the best near enough midfield player in the division unless a very large bollock has been dropped. He isnt is he? This transfer was shall we say "strange".