Dele 3
Sonny 5
Kane 2
Lucas 3
Sissoko 3
Berg 3
Tanguy 4
Jose 2
I have been generous as it's first game. I just don't know what Jose has done with them as they all look far worse than they did first game last season. We a regressing

First team

Lloris - 6 - Not much he could do about the goal.
Doherty - 4 - Some nice moments and good desire, but unfit!
Toby - 2 - Slow, bad positioning, bad passing, fault in goal.
Dier - 3 - Fault in goal, bad passing.
Davies - 3 - Loads of effort but was very poor. Still in James' pocket.
Hojbjerg - 3 - Mostly a headless chicken and did little defensively.
Winks - 2 - Gutless passing but looked really unfit!
Dele - 4 - Off the ball movement was better than anyone, but still poor.
Lucas - 4 - Ran and ran and ran, but poor control and didn't do anything.
Son - 5 - Had our best moments but set-pieces were appalling. Must work harder!
Kane - 1 - The one is for the flick to Doherty, which is the only good thing he did all match. Zero effort.

Subs

Sissoko - 5 - Worked hard but lacked any quality.
Bergwijn - 5 - Tried to push us on but was surrounded by sulkers.
Ndombele - 5 - Also tried to push us forward but nothing worked for him.

Manager

Mourinho - 0

Dreadful team selection. Ridiculously negative tactics. Started unfit players like Kane, Doherty and Winks rather than Son as a striker, Aurier and Sissoko. Stupid half-time sub.

Mine would be

Lloris 6 - a couple of bad kicks but is playing to instruction
Doherty 3 - turning up to a new club that unfit massively outweighs the few things he did well
Toby 2 - a season too far me thinks. I'll be disappointed to see him keep his shirt.
Dier 6 - tried to recover for Toby's bad error for the goal but couldn't. Of course, fans will blame him as it's easy. He needs Toby gone so he can start bossing the back four.
Davies 7 - stuck at it and was still working his arse off and somehow kept his area assist free. Great work rate at the end when we were chasing.
Winks 3 - Grow a pair and start taking responsibility
Hojberg 4 - I'm starting to worry we've bought a dud. Will be better when we have more pace at RCD as you could tell he was constantly worried about that area.
Dele 6 - harshly treated by his manager today.
Moura 3 - just pointless. Not fit to wear the shirt
Son 5 - started well but was selfish in his play and had a shocking second half
Kane 2 - leaders don't do what you did today. They own it rather than sulk there way through the game

Subs
Sissoko 3 - just go away and find your level somewhere else
Bergwijn 6 - looked bright and hard working
Ndombele 6 - made one error in possession but you could tell Everton were immediately all over him

Jose 2 - stop reverting to type and start building something with the younger players. You're doing a good impression of Big Sam at the moment.

Mine would be

Lloris 6 - a couple of bad kicks but is playing to instruction
Doherty 3 - turning up to a new club that unfit massively outweighs the few things he did well
Toby 2 - a season too far me thinks. I'll be disappointed to see him keep his shirt.
Dier 6 - tried to recover for Toby's bad error for the goal but couldn't. Of course, fans will blame him as it's easy. He needs Toby gone so he can start bossing the back four.
Davies 7 - stuck at it and was still working his arse off and somehow kept his area assist free. Great work rate at the end when we were chasing.
Winks 3 - Grow a pair and start taking responsibility
Hojberg 4 - I'm starting to worry we've bought a dud. Will be better when we have more pace at RCD as you could tell he was constantly worried about that area.
Dele 6 - harshly treated by his manager today.
Moura 3 - just pointless. Not fit to wear the shirt
Son 5 - started well but was selfish in his play and had a shocking second half
Kane 2 - leaders don't do what you did today. They own it rather than sulk there way through the game

Subs
Sissoko 3 - just go away and find your level somewhere else
Bergwijn 6 - looked bright and hard working
Ndombele 6 - made one error in possession but you could tell Everton were immediately all over him

Jose 2 - stop reverting to type and start building something with the younger players. You're doing a good impression of Big Sam at the moment.

Have read this and only have two exceptions; Harry can't do it on his own and can't play as a targetman if he gets no service; constantly outmarked by 2/3 defenders for long periods of the game - and that was down to our tactics.

Toby cannot jump and Dier was behind him and thought he could rely on him - no one can rely on Toby anymore, we should have let him go last season - this ridiculous Jose tactic of long diagonals' by the CB's is a throw back to Daws and that's when we had very fast wingers, not what we have now.

So agree with all your marks - but would Mark Jose far worse for picking three very unfit players and his dismal tactics, so my marks are the same as yours but would give Jose minus 5 - this loss was down to him.

My own ratings reflect poor to average performances by most players, nobody was dire, nobody was good.
Lloris 6, Doherty 6, Toby 4, Dier 5, Davies 4, Hojbjerg 4, Winks 4, Alli 5, Moura 5, Son 5, Kane 5, Sissoko 5, Bergwijn 4, Ndombele 5.

I have been generous to Ndombele who showed his passing prowess early on in his cameo but then gave the ball away just as nonchalantly later on.

I will put up the averages from the media soon along with posters on here who may be a bit harsh IMO but will be interesting to compare

Nobody rated above a 6 for me & 3 received a 4. Not gonna name names but they'll need to pull their fingers out sharpish.

Only 4 actual complete ratings from this forum, a couple of generalised comments doesn't count or help. Only 4 and 1 of them was mine...oh well the averages as follows with our forum first then media over 5 reports.
Lloris 6 and 6
Doherty 4 and 5.6
Toby 3 and 4.4
Dier 4.5 and 4.8
Davies 4.75 and 4.4
Hojbjerg 3.5 and 4.4
Winks 3.25 and 4.8
Alli 4.5 and 4
Moura 3.75 and 4.4
Son 5 and 5.4
Kane 2.5 and 5
Sissoko 4 and 5.2
Bergwijn 4.5 and 5.2
Ndombele 5 and 4

Unsurprisingly the media rated higher generally as are impartial and more level headed after the game. I watched the full 90 on the site with a view to assess the players individually without the downer of the result.
I did not rate after knowing the media averages, I rated from my own assessment before seeing the media reports.

Only 4 actual complete ratings from this forum, a couple of generalised comments doesn't count or help. Only 4 and 1 of them was mine...oh well the averages as follows with our forum first then media over 5 reports.
Lloris 6 and 6
Doherty 4 and 5.6
Toby 3 and 4.4
Dier 4.5 and 4.8
Davies 4.75 and 4.4
Hojbjerg 3.5 and 4.4
Winks 3.25 and 4.8
Alli 4.5 and 4
Moura 3.75 and 4.4
Son 5 and 5.4
Kane 2.5 and 5
Sissoko 4 and 5.2
Bergwijn 4.5 and 5.2
Ndombele 5 and 4

Unsurprisingly the media rated higher generally as are impartial and more level headed after the game. I watched the full 90 on the site with a view to assess the players individually without the downer of the result.
I did not rate after knowing the media averages, I rated from my own assessment before seeing the media reports.

Nick, I'd say wait a couple of days before doing your tally, especially when we lose! And please add a running total for Jose as this may well indicate what the overall view of his performances/game plan/sub management are as well.

Nick, I'd say wait a couple of days before doing your tally, especially when we lose! And please add a running total for Jose as this may well indicate what the overall view of his performances/game plan/sub management are as well.

If any more votes come in I will re-calculate. It is interesting watching the 90 again without the edge of seat frustration factor.

Lloris 6
Doherty 5
Toby 4
Dier 5
Davies 5
Hojbjerg 4
Winks 4
Alli 4
Moura 3
Son 5
Kane 4
Sissoko 4
Bergwijn 4

Ndombele didn't have enough minutes for me to give a reasonable assessment.

Lloris 6 -- Didn't do much wrong and no chance for the goal.
Doherty 5 -- Had some nice moments and showed he may be a good addition once he gets up to speed.
Dier 5 -- Like others, I felt he was unfairly singled out for the goal. Could have done better for sure, so only passing criticism of him there.
Toby 4 -- Sad to see a performance like this from him as he's overall been brilliant for us since he came. Looks cumbersome now and lost his man for the goal. His distribution, once a massive asset is now very poor.
Davies 5.5 -- I thought he tried his heart out coming up against the very impressive Rodriguez. In my opinion, the only outfield player who showed any desire for the fight. Had some dodgy moments (like everyone else) and didn't do much going forward but had his work cut out on the defensive end.
Hojbjerg 3 -- As with Doherty, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt on debut, but this is the first time I've closely watched him and he looks a bang average player at best. Hope I'm wrong. Terrible game.
Winks 4 -- The usual neat and tidy and not much else. Needs to kick on or move on for me.
Dele 4 -- I thought he was doing okay, nothing special mind, and was surprised to see him subbed at the half.
Sonny 4.5 -- Some good (especially first half), some bad and some ugly (Those dead balls, sheesh!!). Very frustrating game from him.
Lucas 3-- Can't fault the effort, but lets himself down running into blind alleys and terrible first touch at times. I would have hauled him off for Bergwijn. Poor.
Kane 3 -- Absolutely no service which is an indictment on those who play around him. However, he seemed to give up, which is on him and that is unforgivable.
Sissoko 4 -- I will probably never understand this half time substitution. That's not on him, but his performance was just Sissoko being Sissoko.
Bergwijn 5 -- Tried when he came on but couldn't positively affect the game. Not gonna judge him too harshly.
Tanguy 5 -- Same as Bergwijn.
Jose 0 -- Nightmare. Failed on all aspects. Setting us up to play the way we did and the mentality of the players on the pitch for an opening home game was shocking. Awful tactics and the substitution at half time was baffling. We are in big trouble.

Lloris 6
Doherty 5
Toby 4
Dier 5
Davies 5
Hojbjerg 4
Winks 4
Alli 4
Moura 3
Son 5
Kane 4
Sissoko 4
Bergwijn 4

Ndombele didn't have enough minutes for me to give a reasonable assessment.

Ndombele 3 notable good passes and 3 notably bad in 15 minutes. No super energetic pressing or closing noticed. I was generous with my 5 for him for the glimpses of what he could do.

Ndombele 3 notable good passes and 3 notably bad in 15 minutes. No super energetic pressing or closing noticed. I was generous with my 5 for him for the glimpses of what he could do.
It's still not enough time for me. And he was paying too deep to be really effective. Or at least too deep for what we needed.

Lloris 6 -- Didn't do much wrong and no chance for the goal.
Doherty 5 -- Had some nice moments and showed he may be a good addition once he gets up to speed.
Dier 5 -- Like others, I felt he was unfairly singled out for the goal. Could have done better for sure, so only passing criticism of him there.
Toby 4 -- Sad to see a performance like this from him as he's overall been brilliant for us since he came. Looks cumbersome now and lost his man for the goal. His distribution, once a massive asset is now very poor.
Davies 5.5 -- I thought he tried his heart out coming up against the very impressive Rodriguez. In my opinion, the only outfield player who showed any desire for the fight. Had some dodgy moments (like everyone else) and didn't do much going forward but had his work cut out on the defensive end.
Hojbjerg 3 -- As with Doherty, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt on debut, but this is the first time I've closely watched him and he looks a bang average player at best. Hope I'm wrong. Terrible game.
Winks 4 -- The usual neat and tidy and not much else. Needs to kick on or move on for me.
Dele 4 -- I thought he was doing okay, nothing special mind, and was surprised to see him subbed at the half.
Sonny 4.5 -- Some good (especially first half), some bad and some ugly (Those dead balls, sheesh!!). Very frustrating game from him.
Lucas 3-- Can't fault the effort, but lets himself down running into blind alleys and terrible first touch at times. I would have hauled him off for Bergwijn. Poor.
Kane 3 -- Absolutely no service which is an indictment on those who play around him. However, he seemed to give up, which is on him and that is unforgivable.
Sissoko 4 -- I will probably never understand this half time substitution. That's not on him, but his performance was just Sissoko being Sissoko.
Bergwijn 5 -- Tried when he came on but couldn't positively affect the game. Not gonna judge him too harshly.
Tanguy 5 -- Same as Bergwijn.
Jose 0 -- Nightmare. Failed on all aspects. Setting us up to play the way we did and the mentality of the players on the pitch for an opening home game was shocking. Awful tactics and the substitution at half time was baffling. We are in big trouble.
I think that's a very good summary.