Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

We've got in to the habit of announcing signings either first thing in the morning or last thing of the day.
Still time yet.

Blackpool are the front runners to sign Manchester United academy graduate Demetri Mitchell, Express Sport has learned. Mitchell’s seven-year love affair with the Red Devil’s came to an end in June following the club’s decision to release him.

I have a lingering hope that after today's game / Monday that we will see a loan or 2 from today's opponents.
Based solely on the relationship between Klopp / NC.

I have a lingering hope that after today's game / Monday that we will see a loan or 2 from today's opponents.
Based solely on the relationship between Klopp / NC.
As I posted yesterday, there's actually slim pickings at Liverpool in terms of loans. A lot of their older/more talented youngsters are in the first team squad as cover. Then you've got the real young lads in the U23s and U18s (lot of U18s play in their U23s).

If I was to throw one name out there it'd be Ki-Jana Hoever. Right back who can cover centre half too. He's told Liverpool he wants to go out on loan and get experience, but he may have grander ideas than L1 with us - Celtic have been linked with him.

The better Liverpool kids tend to go out to Championship or higher, if at all. NC knows the score and may have one or two in mind. If he has, he will no doubt have discussed it already. I'm not convinced anything is going to happen but not too fussed, we are proving to be an attractive proposition to promising young players from far and wide. I wonder if youngsters from other countries will come to us? Probably, when we have better facilities.

The Seasiders have been one of the most active clubs in the transfer market this summer, bringing in 11 recruits and moving on 17.
But Pool’s head coach isn’t quite satisfied yet, with a centre-back and a right-back likely to top his priority list.

QVNIMTE3MDQ2NDkx.jpg
Dan Kemp was among the Blackpool debutants who impressed against Barrow

When asked if he knows what side he’ll pick for Saturday’s League One curtain- raiser at Plymouth Argyle, Critchley replied: “I know what I think our best team would be, but I think there are one or two areas we’d still like to strengthen if we can.
“I wouldn’t have thought that will be before Saturday, but sometimes things move quicker than you think and sometimes they move slower. It can be a game of patience and we continue to work.
“ If something happens before the weekend, great; if it doesn’t, then I’m confident that whatever team we put out on Saturday is capable of going to Plymouth and getting a result.”
Critchley handed debuts to three of his summer signings in Tuesday’s EFL Trophy draw with Barrow.

Jordan Williams performed well in the middle of the park, while Dan Kemp and Bez Lubala showed glimpses of what they’re capable of in attack.
“I thought they all had really good moments, and we’ve got to remember Bez has not played any football in pre-season,” Critchley added.
“We were always planning on taking him off, but he looked fine and physically he lasted the game comfortably.
“He had some really good moments but it was just that little bit of end-product – you could say the same for everyone.

“Kempy had some lively moments, a lovely run in the first half, and he had a chance in the box when he was probably offside.
“That’s him – he picks up really good positions in the penalty box. He’s got a good goalscoring record. He goes into spaces unmarked and the more he plays with our players and the more they get used to him, that combination will develop even further.
“Jordan got better as the game went on and his influence on the team grew the longer the game continued.
“I’m delighted all those players got 90 minutes. They will need to rest and recover, and be ready to go again for the weekend.”

James Husband is a doubt for Saturday’s long trip to Devon after injuring his hamstring during Tuesday’s warm-up prior.
Matty Virtue and Oliver Sarkic could come into contention after returning to training yesterday.

Rumours of Daniel Ballard from Arsenal on loan. A 20 year old centre back / defensive mdfielder.