The Carabao Cup Thread | Vital Football

The Carabao Cup Thread

Wow, the other fixtures must be rubbish then.

Or it's just Sky doing their usual stick Villa on the TV because we know they'll fuck it up against lower league opposition.

Cant wait, feels like years since the West Ham game and I was running around the garden like a madman from the adrenaline and nerves for most of that!

I'd love to see Matty Cash, Barry and Chukwuemeka in action. And any other signings we might have made by then, hopefully.

The Villa/Burton game has been selected for live TV coverage.

I can hardly contain my excitement!

Aston Villa’s Carabao Cup clash against Burton Albion has been selected for live television coverage.

Villa will travel to the Pirelli Stadium for their Round Two tie on Tuesday, September 15 (ko 7.45pm), live on Sky Sports.

Dont take the piss JPA, we can watch all our new signings.

Im looking forward to this. It would be nice to see Cash, Ramsey and Barry given a run out.

Nyland
Cash Engels Hause Taylor
ElGhazi Ramsey Hourihane Trez
Davis Barry

League cup winners don't even go into the Europa League now. We'd go into the UEFA Conference League which is basically a dumping ground for teams from UEFAs smaller leagues who can't make it into the Europa group stages. The big 5 leagues only get 1 spot each as its for the minnows. Anyone fancy a few away days to Lithuania and Estonia? Should be a piece of piss to win though, go nicely alongside the intertoto cup in the trophy cabinet.

League cup winners don't even go into the Europa League now. We'd go into the UEFA Conference League which is basically a dumping ground for teams from UEFAs smaller leagues who can't make it into the Europa group stages. The big 5 leagues only get 1 spot each as its for the minnows. Anyone fancy a few away days to Lithuania and Estonia? Should be a piece of piss to win though, go nicely alongside the intertoto cup in the trophy cabinet.

Is that true?

A trophy is a trophy.

It is a mickey mouse cup now, the way it has been downgraded by teams playing 2nd string, youth etc. But I'd still be more than happy winning it...!

That's disgusting if true. There's three domestic competitions and as such three opportunities to become a champion, yet our fourth place finishers qualify for the Champions League while league cup and FA cup winners have to settle for the Europa league or even worse, this crap?

The definition of winner has changed a lot in the past couple of decades. Bloody hell.

Win that and we qualify for the Europa League