The Wesley Moræs Thread | Page 49 | Vital Football

The Wesley Moræs Thread

I'm in the minority I know but I think Wesley will come good.
Wouldn't like to see him leave now, have a feeling he'd end up another that goes on to do well elsewhere. For me he shows much more promise than Davis and Samatta put together. Problem is we didn't complement it with someone for the here and now.

Goes without saying that we can't be going into the new season relying on him, which I'm sure we won't let happen.

I think he gets more stick than he deserves personally.

Going into last season just relying on him was the stupidest decision ever when all we had in addition was Kodjia and Davis.

I asked back then what do we do if Wesley gets crocked a few weeks into the season? Took a bit longer than that, but still happened and left us with nothing up front.

Any idea on when he's due back? His injury was a dreadful one.

Honestly I wasn't massively impressed overall, but he showed enough in the Everton, Norwich and Burnley games to warrant another look. I thought he was hitting a bit of a stride in the Burnley game and had he not been injured may have scored around 10 league goals, that would have been a very good return.

I thought he was hitting a bit of a stride in the Burnley game and had he not been injured may have scored around 10 league goals, that would have been a very good return.

I thought so too it was the best he looked of any game and gave two hardy centrebacks a bit of trouble.

200.gif

Interesting comment on the front end based on how the poll results came out.

If we could guarantee breaking even on Wesley, and then use that money for Edouard?

And McGinn, but without speaking for BBM I'm taking his point as they weren't worth that until they had proven it with us given relative overall quality and given how many can't make the transition.

We've seen players written off here and do well elsewhere plenty of times, but yes, if we could sell Wesley for in or around what we paid, I'd look at that as good business.

And McGinn, but without speaking for BBM I'm taking his point as they weren't worth that until they had proven it with us given relative overall quality and given how many can't make the transition.

yep exactly. What was McGinn ~£3 mill ?
(Van Dijk was ~£12 Mill when Saints bought him)

McGinn £3.5 tops all in from memory. And yes, Van Dijk at £12m is astounding when you've got Boro or Cardiff paying £8.5m for Aden Flint when he was at Bristol City.

Bargains to be had but even with the inflation in the game, not at those fees if the fees can be taken as genuine.

With his physical attributes, a channeling of his petulance in the right direction and some actual fucking support from the midfield I still think he can be good. Other, better strikers around him can only help, so let's hope we get them.

I'm more than happy to give Wesley more time. I will not argue with the fact that it was not exactly an impressive start to his villa career. But he only played 21 games was barely 23 in a struggling side with shed loads of new players stepping up to a no hiding place league. There were some writing off Luiz at xmas and after.

But above all for me, despite being rancidly shit in some peoples opinion he was deemed good enough to be picked for the Brazil squad in November and i will put my faith for the time being in the powers that be, in Brazil no less, knowing more about what makes a player than me or anyone on here.

I was quite frankly delighted that the bang average at most Wilson is a no go and would rather give Wesley a chance over him . But that doesn't change the fact that we need another striker and doesn't change my opinion that we need to aim our sights higher than the likes of Wilson. We need experience AND quality in our next striker.

Last edited: