BBC & The Future | Page 5 | Vital Football

BBC & The Future

You think Andrew Neil was a leftie? Genuine question, I've always felt not.

I do really miss This Week, thought it was mostly excellent, although the Xmas specials used to make me wince ! LOL
He's as right wing as they come. Runs The Spectator. I was being sarcastic.

Andrew Lloyd Webber made an excellent suggestion today. Get Tim Rice to rewrite the lines which need pulling so the rousing song can still be sung

Re-write 99% of rap and maybe I'd agree. 99% of films need dubbing as well.

We can't white/black wash history and I still don't see why other than the word 'slave' it's offensive because it's the context. And the context is 'we' will never be slaves, if you include yourself in the 'we' you have to agree with the sentiment.

If you don't associate as the 'we' then you are being discriminatory against all of those who stood before you giving you the rights you now claim are not being upheld.

Are we perfect, absolutely no and I can pick out examples, but in a democracy the majority rule and the majority have helped create legal equality so highlight the inconsistencies rather than broadstroking in a backhand discriminatory way.

And for me, for everything said above, that's what the BBC unfortunately do because they are too focused on giving everyone airtime rather than giving people the airtime to argue whilst under challenge and have a right to reply.

(to get it back on topic lol)

Re-write 99% of rap and maybe I'd agree. 99% of films need dubbing as well.

We can't white/black wash history and I still don't see why other than the word 'slave' it's offensive because it's the context. And the context is 'we' will never be slaves, if you include yourself in the 'we' you have to agree with the sentiment.

If you don't associate as the 'we' then you are being discriminatory against all of those who stood before you giving you the rights you now claim are not being upheld.

Are we perfect, absolutely no and I can pick out examples, but in a democracy the majority rule and the majority have helped create legal equality so highlight the inconsistencies rather than broadstroking in a backhand discriminatory way.

And for me, for everything said above, that's what the BBC unfortunately do because they are too focused on giving everyone airtime rather than giving people the airtime to argue whilst under challenge and have a right to reply.

(to get it back on topic lol)

Maybe the word slave could be changed to 'saved" With the bloody Brexit debacle we won't ever be 😏

There are no lines that need re-writing.
There was no change suggested because of any lyrics.
There is no *singlalong*, because there will be no one there to *sing along*.

How many days is it now this confected outrage has been spun out?

EU Brexit talks cancelled due to summer wasted by our negotiators; 65k excess COVID deaths; worst forecast economic crash of *all* western countries; u-turns on exam results; u-turns on masks in schools; u-turns on eviction suspensions; millions of pounds of contracts awarded to Tory friends without any tender process; PHE being disbanded in the middle of a pandemic to cover for Govt failures...

...but no; we're all upset about a made-up problem about a sing song at a concert no one watches.

If we're all so easily distracted by bullshit we deserve absolutely everything we're going to get over the next couple of years.

There are no lines that need re-writing.
There was no change suggested because of any lyrics.
There is no *singlalong*, because there will be no one there to *sing along*.

How many days is it now this confected outrage has been spun out?

EU Brexit talks cancelled due to summer wasted by our negotiators; 65k excess COVID deaths; worst forecast economic crash of *all* western countries; u-turns on exam results; u-turns on masks in schools; u-turns on eviction suspensions; millions of pounds of contracts awarded to Tory friends without any tender process; PHE being disbanded in the middle of a pandemic to cover for Govt failures...

...but no; we're all upset about a made-up problem about a sing song at a concert no one watches.

If we're all so easily distracted by bullshit we deserve absolutely everything we're going to get over the next couple of years.

To be fair forum members are equally outraged about those topics you mention if you go to the other threads on those subjects. So this thread and the debate is not at the expense or the ignoring of those issues.

I'm talking about the collective "we", not the forum. The morning TV programmes, Tory PMs, Farage and co. and the right wing rags are pushing it as hard as they can. The PM himself has only weighed in on any of the topics above and it's about the fucking song.

I'm talking about the collective "we", not the forum. The morning TV programmes, Tory PMs, Farage and co. and the right wing rags are pushing it as hard as they can. The PM himself has only weighed in on any of the topics above and it's about the fucking song.

Yes, because our PM is a racist popularist twat.

But don't 'collectively we', for a start that's lewd behaviour. As I said previously, we can be irate about one subject without being blind to others - as per Melon's post.

We don't discriminate when it comes to our anger and disbelief on here! lol

Not sure what you guys on here think of BBC employees using social media platforms to air their person political opinions?

However - it seems the new guy at the BBC is trying to curb such behaviour.
------
“Importantly, it is not simply about left or right,” said Davie. “It is about being free from political bias. This is more about whether people feel we see the world from their point of view. Our research shows that too many perceive us to be shaped by a particular perspective.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...k-down-on-staff-posting-views-on-social-media

Not sure what you guys on here think of BBC employees using social media platforms to air their person political opinions?

However - it seems the new guy at the BBC is trying to curb such behaviour.
------
“Importantly, it is not simply about left or right,” said Davie. “It is about being free from political bias. This is more about whether people feel we see the world from their point of view. Our research shows that too many perceive us to be shaped by a particular perspective.”

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...k-down-on-staff-posting-views-on-social-media
It was reported today that a BBC World News journalist was trolling Emma Barnett from 5 live because she spoke out against anti sematism.
You cannot work for an organisation that is supposedly neutral then use an annonymous Twitter account to do stuff like this.

Good news coming out of the BBC for a change.
It is reported this morning that Tim Davie has made a formal offer to Andrew Neil to come back to the Corporation to head up a new prime time politics show.
A step in the right direction.

Good news coming out of the BBC for a change.
It is reported this morning that Tim Davie has made a formal offer to Andrew Neil to come back to the Corporation to head up a new prime time politics show.
A step in the right direction.

I heard he was linking up with Murdoch to open up a new TV network centred more around right wing/Conservative politics - to rival the BBC, Ch4 and Sky - who they believe are pushing news that leans on the left of the political spectrum.

Here is a article about it;

"In the post on Twitter, MacKenzie claimed that Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage and respected political interviewer Andrew Neil - former editor of The Sunday Times - are "due to sign" to be part of GB News, which would aim to take on Sky News".

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/enterta...och-to-launch-new-uk-news-channel_411169.html

I heard he was linking up with Murdoch to open up a new TV network centred more around right wing/Conservative politics - to rival the BBC, Ch4 and Sky - who they believe are pushing news that leans on the left of the political spectrum.

Here is a article about it;

"In the post on Twitter, MacKenzie claimed that Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage and respected political interviewer Andrew Neil - former editor of The Sunday Times - are "due to sign" to be part of GB News, which would aim to take on Sky News".

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/enterta...och-to-launch-new-uk-news-channel_411169.html
Yes, I had read this and its obviously well advanced because they have already been granted a licence to broadcast.
The more the merrier in the news place, because then people can make up their own minds who they listen to, if any.

Fox News and CNN are both absolute garbage and wrapped up in their own specific partisan interests. It would be a shame to see that over here.