Could be a fun old season this | Vital Football

Could be a fun old season this

You wouldn't think the season starts next weekend. At one time you'd be counting down the days with an anticipation that we could just do something.

Now it's just a script that puts groundhog day to shame.

I'm not interested, don't care what happens regarding SDU!

Whitley Bay however have a new management team and made some decent signings.

It's going to be a laugh a minute. What's Newcastle's lowest points in a Premier league season? It could well be beaten, along with a few other unwanted records. Can cabbage heed make it until the end of the season and how many daft fucks will still turn up to watch when they're allowed in. 13 years, lots of fakeovers and that all looks dead in the water, so relegation and staying down are looking like the best way forward to me.

Terrible result will do nothing for the confidence of the team or the supporters.As people have said it’s going to be a long season. I am going to watch my local team only £59 for a season ticket, Ryman’s Premier League. No stress win,lose or draw makes no odds to me. I will still get pissed off when NUFC get beaten but I think I will need to get used to it!

Last edited:
Yes it's pre season and it's all about fitness and all the jazz but they've now also just lost to Stoke City 0-1.

That young left back from Norwich would be a good addition but i dont think they would accept sportsdirect vouchers as payment

If we get in the signings that have been mentioned in Callum Wilson, Ryan Fraser, Rob Holding and either or both of them left backs, then we'd be potentially a loan striker away from me being confident that 17th is more than achievable.

Then again, anything from 7th to 20th could happen this season.

My question is :-

IS he investing to prop up the value of the club??

or

Is he being told to invest to allow the sale to finalise.

I think the later.

Seems a strange one to me. Buy a clutch of relegated players to avoid relegation? Maybe we are relying on Bruce's tactical acumen and world class coaching skills to improve their output. Good luck with that.
That's what I was thinking CTM, can't see a load of players that were in relegated teams and Bruce's ability being a good mix.

My question is :-

IS he investing to prop up the value of the club??

or

Is he being told to invest to allow the sale to finalise.

I think the later.

We can live in hope mate, but this is Mike Ashley we're talking about. Fuck knows what he's doing, even he doesn't know. Probably just doing enough to ensure they aren't relegated

Decent signings and Fraser and Wilson know each others game which will help. Nothing wrong in being from a relegated side, Left back signing is also promising, all we need is an additional striker on loan and I would be satisfied with the summer transfer window. Not over confident on the reserve keepers though.
Hopefully still a glimpse of a takeover, seems strange Staveley asks for the fans help in pressuring the PL and then disappears into the ether.

Seems a strange one to me. Buy a clutch of relegated players to avoid relegation? Maybe we are relying on Bruce's tactical acumen and world class coaching skills to improve their output. Good luck with that.

A good point but some of the players we had when we went down with Rafa were more than adequate.

To think, we had Andros Townsend, Gini Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Shelvey, Mitro, Coloccini, Lascelles, Kevin Mbabu, Florian Thauvin, Tiote, Cisse and Perez to name a few.

After 'no red flags' and the shit we have been told since, now it's couple of decent signings (not my words) and a promising start to the season is forecast. Ashley, (I won't buy anyone before the week before kick off to save on wages) has instructed his minions to purchase players who were relegated last season. What a f*cking joke this club is. 14 clubs trying to keep on the 'gravy train' while the top 6 share the spoils. They can keep it but not with any of my money.