The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 236 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

The natives are definitely restless on that! lol
You could even say there were 'revolting'. Because they re. Vile people, some of the worst fans I've encountered.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I don't think we will sign Benrahma. I do think we will sign Watkins and Wilson though. And probably Romero. Which would be decent business in my humble.

I can't understand why we are quibbling over a few million on players as has been reported. If the club want to sign Wilson from Bournmouth then just get the damn deal done. They want £15m we offer £12m, just pay the money and have done. If we are to believe reports that Brentford have dropped the price of Benrahma to £20m, the fact we have been chasing him for over a year, why drag our heels? If the club, well Smith, is that keen to have him, hand over the dosh, get him in and get him on the training ground, and stop pissing around. The trouble with our club is they fanny around haggling over a couple of million pounds, which is nothing in today's transfer dealings, and then lose out instead of just going out to get a player.

Problem is that its all speculation. We might not even be after these players, let alone haggling over fees.

I highly doubt we've ever been in for Benrhama. Its just lazy journalism with the Brentford link. If Smith really did want him we'd have had him long ago.

I can't understand why we are quibbling over a few million on players as has been reported. If the club want to sign Wilson from Bournmouth then just get the damn deal done. They want £15m we offer £12m, just pay the money and have done. If we are to believe reports that Brentford have dropped the price of Benrahma to £20m, the fact we have been chasing him for over a year, why drag our heels? If the club, well Smith, is that keen to have him, hand over the dosh, get him in and get him on the training ground, and stop pissing around. The trouble with our club is they fanny around haggling over a couple of million pounds, which is nothing in today's transfer dealings, and then lose out instead of just going out to get a player.

Don't think it's quite that simple if you were dealing with the club but you're not there is a greedy agent with lots of players on his books. Then there are contracts all individually negotiated. I
Look what Matty Cash said, Villa were the only club he wanted to join forget the others but it's still taken weeks to do. Imagine a player who has several options and is trying to get the best deal money-wise. It must be a nightmare

It’s looking like Newcastle have put a bid in for Wilson which would meet their asking price judging by yesterday’s reports.

If we're in for a player we can haggle the asking price until a bid is accepted or we walk away. If someone else has a bid accepted we can match it or walk away. If any of you think when buying a house you'd just pay the asking price straight away because what's a few tens of thousands in the scheme of things, rather than try and get the best price, please raise your hands - the estate agents will be in touch imminently.

If we're in for a player we can haggle the asking price until a bid is accepted or we walk away. If someone else has a bid accepted we can match it or walk away. If any of you think when buying a house you'd just pay the asking price straight away because what's a few tens of thousands in the scheme of things, rather than try and get the best price, please raise your hands - the estate agents will be in touch imminently.
Yes the "just pay it" argument would be exceptionally bad business. I seriously doubt our owners became billionaires by operating like that.