The Fitness/Nutrition Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Fitness/Nutrition Thread

Since I started having porridge in the morning the energy levels are back, but a side effect is that it has given me an appetite.
I used to go most of the day without eating but now feeling hungry throughout the day.
Have actually put on weight for the first time in years.
I will have to keep an eye on that.

Can never understand how anyone can do that, my appetite has always been massive, so couldn't possibly last! Protein and/or if you can take it, a bit of (healthy) fat can help satisfy appetite.

Decent little summary really, without silly click bait bitshttps://www.menshealth.com/uk/weight-loss/a759282/how-to-get-rid-of-belly-fat/And this, along with the lack of exercise, I think is the key... the woeful Western diet

1. You're Eating Trans Fats
If antioxidants are the good guys of gut health, trans fats are the super-villains. These sneaky fats actively contribute to your growing waist line – not just by adding new fat, but by moving fat from other areas of your body to your belly. During a six-year study at Wake Forest University, monkeys that were fed an 8 per cent trans-fat diet had 33 per cent more belly fat than monkeys that were fed an 8 per cent monounsaturated fat diet.

There are currently no legal requirements for food manufacturers to label trans fats, according to the British Dietetic Association, so you need to check ingredients lists for hydrogenated fats and hydrogenated vegetable oils. The biggest culprits? Your ‘cheat day’ favourites: cakes, biscuits, ice cream, popcorn, pies, fried food, fast food, takeaways — the list goes on.

I want to both thank you and admonish you for this post.

It's great info, and it will definitely change my diet, so thanks.

However, it means giving up some of my favourite things, just bloody keep quiet next time!!!!!! 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Can never understand how anyone can do that, my appetite has always been massive, so couldn't possibly last! Protein and/or if you can take it, a bit of (healthy) fat can help satisfy appetite.
I think it stems from my days out on the road, and the sooner I could get done the sooner I could get on the golf course or fishing, so I wouldnt stop to eat.
Hence my fetish for Mars bars back in the day. ( until I read about trans fats some years ago.)

Day off today. The legs feel fine, but the chaffing in my nether regions has reached a peak!!!!

Going shopping later, and it will not involve buying biscuits or a pie!!!!! Guess who'll get the blame for that?

Looked up some nice, high protein recipes that are quite easy to cook, and going to try them.

If you think the best way to get a good price to start haggling at a rock bottom price then get negotiated down like Risdale said about Euxton you are naive - you start asking for more than you will accepted knowing you will get haggled down.

Admin have stated there was urgency to get bills paid by the day after so they had to accept less for Geldhardt - you accept that as a necessary evil. But admin have said there will be cash for the next 2 pay days, so there is no immediate cash flow issue forcing you to panic into accepting such low sale value.
The nest 2 pay days are not the only debt latics have, ltics are up to their neck in debt and need money now. Admin job is to work short term.

Up to their neck in the 3 and half million they've sold in last week despite us having to pay 7 senior players a month. Fuck off Krasner! There is no debt. Reveal the clauses you've put in these players you've sold. What are we owed as a club? Why won't Kendrick or the SC ask the awakward questions?
Nice

One mile warm up this morning then a 5k in 25 mins and 5 seconds which is good for me but disappointing at the same time as I wanted to get under 25 mins.

Also entered a 10k race at Rugby next week , so it will be interesting how they organise that, we have been assured all necessary restrictions and distances are being adhered to , so am happy to take part.

12 mile run this morning , plenty of hills en route so my legs are complaining . 9 minute miles though so happy with the pace.

😂😂😂

I have warned them that for the foreseeable future it's just one meal out a week. They were planning 3 this week, curry, Fish an Chips and Chinese. That's just not going to help me lose what's left of my belly.

Got some great chicken and rice dishes ready to go.

Oh, and no drink at all until I get it done. That's really confused them.

Curry, you could look at a mixed grill. The other two, ah...! Awkward!

Yes, think it best you just blame Fear... you know me as a person, they know fear as an emotion! LOL