Coronavirus | Page 55 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

I suppose its all down to the individual . Everyone has a reason for doing what they do . People may say its stupid to go to a football match .............but other may think it ok .
But woe betide anyone who doesn't think in the same way that NottyImp does. They're all stupid aren't they, or at least brothers of people who are?

I mean anyone who wouldn't agree that a virus with an infection to death rate of 0.3% (and hugely, hugely less than that if you discount the over 70s) isn't the most dangerous killer in history, and that it should mandate you to stay at home indefinitely until an unlicensed vaccine can be pumped into you, really are nutcases aren't they?

I mean just look at the latest coming out of the CDC (focusing on US stats):

"For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

Why would a healthy 20-30 something want to go on holiday with stats like that coming to light? It absolutely beggars belief.

I suppose its all down to the individual . Everyone has a reason for doing what they do . People may say its stupid to go to a football match .............but other may think it ok .

I think going to a football match is a bit ethically different to potentially infecting people during a pandemic, isn't it? Or have I misunderstood what you meant?

But woe betide anyone who doesn't think in the same way that NottyImp does. They're all stupid aren't they, or at least brothers of people who are?

I mean anyone who wouldn't agree that a virus with an infection to death rate of 0.3% (and hugely, hugely less than that if you discount the over 70s) isn't the most dangerous killer in history, and that it should mandate you to stay at home indefinitely until an unlicensed vaccine can be pumped into you, really are nutcases aren't they?

I mean just look at the latest coming out of the CDC (focusing on US stats):

"For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death."

Why would a healthy 20-30 something want to go on holiday with stats like that coming to light? It absolutely beggars belief.

On a purely selfish level, they don't care. All of the evidence coming out of US campus' shows a significant proportion of those college students simply don't care. about themselves or anyone they come into contact with and certainly my partners experience over the last 2 days bears that out.

Meanwhile long term effects of catching Covid19 continue to show alarming initial conclusions.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...ur-heart-even-if-you-havent-had-any-symptoms/

Meanwhile my partner returned to work yesterday and one of her first jobs today was to "persuade" the head of English that cramming 40-odd students in the library after she'd done every assessment during the holidays that concluded 22 students was the max to fit in and still have social distancing was simply wrong and stupid. This is the second day after the return to school. She also had to move 10 6th form students who simply rearranged the desks to sit near one another so they could chat sans masks.

This is after those same students spent the lockdown and summer having sleepovers, partying and going on holiday.

There is no way any precautions are going to be observed for a fortnight never mind the rest of the term. If we don't catch it in this household it will be a miracle, and I for one will be blaming it at exactly those "healthy 20-30 somethings" who don't seem to give a rats ass for anyone else or for following the rules designed to protect anyone else.

You wouldn't catch me within a million miles of an airport populated by those kinds of people.

We've built a world of "me, me, me" exemplified on here by various "libertarian" posters who don't give a shit about anyone else.

Sociopathy is the new normal.

Be careful who you vote for.

I think most UK univeristies will be shut down by Xmas.

As someone who works professionally with students, there is literally no way I am going back to face-to-face before I have an at least 70% effective vaccine.

I think most UK univeristies will be shut down by Xmas..

Of course they will, every sniffle and cold will be “covid”.

It’s been misreported and exaggerated from the start.. I’ve spoken to doctors who have said every ? Infection was put down as covid to increase funding, I’ve seen ghost like a+e departments / hospitals, every nursing home I’ve been in, bar two have not had any covid cases.

The fact is people die and it’s never going to change that .. good luck waiting for a safe vaccine that’s been thoroughly tested - you won’t be returning to your job face to face anytime soon.

The fear that has been created is unbelievable and people think it’s ok as long as they have their magic face mask.

It’s been misreported and exaggerated from the start.. I’ve spoken to doctors who have said every ? Infection was put down as covid to increase funding, I’ve seen ghost like a+e departments / hospitals, every nursing home I’ve been in, bar two have not had any covid cases.

The fact is people die and it’s never going to change that .. good luck waiting for a safe vaccine that’s been thoroughly tested - you won’t be returning to your job face to face anytime soon.

The fear that has been created is unbelievable and people think it’s ok as long as they have their magic face mask.

Evidence?

Oh dear, you don't have any, do you?

Another bullshit merchant.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....overnments-official-toll-counting-fiasco.html

I can’t evidence the other stuff, I’ve got no need to - I’m living my life as normal.

Another scared sheep.

But you keep waiting for the miracle vaccine that will be rushed through.

Stage 4 trials started already in some cases, I think. We might see the vaccine by Spring, at the earliest, perhaps summer. I've lost count of how many are in development around the world, but well over 100.

I think science and our endless human ingenuity will see one of those work. I'll be back to remind you about this comment when it does and when I've taken it.

Edit: your link has already happened. 5k reduction. Still over 40k deaths based on official figures and more if you use excess deaths.

Nearly 200k in the USA and still knee-deep in it. All predicted months ago on this thread.

You stick to your "woo" and alternative news. The real sheep are people who believe that shit.

We've built a world of "me, me, me" exemplified on here by various "libertarian" posters who don't give a shit about anyone else.

Sociopathy is the new normal.

Be careful who you vote for.

At least no one can vote for Mrs T now - she exemplified that attitude

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53990068

Regular mass testing of people without symptoms is seen by ministers as the best passport to further easing of lockdown restrictions until a vaccine is developed.

Simple kits with rapid results, used weekly, can give assurances people don't have coronavirus. That's what the new funding for trials and pilot schemes is all about - but that's a long-term goal.

It's good they've woken up to the maths of rapid but slightly more unreliable testing as a way out, but really they've just worked out that massive and regular testing is the answer now? NOW? Jesus christ on a bike, we're governed by a group of incompetent idiots...

For those interested in this

Explain that to the family of the otherwise healthy 32 year old my son's A&E doctor girlfriend recently had to zip into a bodybag.

Explain that to the family of the otherwise healthy 32 year old my son's A&E doctor girlfriend recently had to zip into a bodybag.

Awful to hear and my thoughts to go out to any one who has had loses through covid and to your son’s partner, its never easy and I’ve been in similar situations.

But, there are and always will be young seemingly healthy people who die of something you wouldn’t expect.