Ex -Gills in the move | Page 8 | Vital Football

Ex -Gills in the move

Fair enough, I unfortunately have alzheimers , my spelling is terrible and I get touchy over it (if I can remember what I’m spelling)

Then I will wholeheartedly apologise for causing any upset or stress.

:sorry:

I know very few of us contributors see each other face to face on this forum and it is very difficult to understand each others personalities and peculiarities, so please take my sense of humour with a pinch of salt, I don't intend to insult anyone as I like to work on the 'treat others as you expect to be treated' mantra.

Last edited:
I was once advised by a Mod on a forum that it is offensive to make jokes at the expenses of typos or spelling errors as the person who made the initial post might be dyslexic and therefore you might be mocking them for having a learning disability. This was pre-Snowflake generation so I didn't get banned.

I just got taught that lesson, I'll put my dictionary away now.

Humour no that wasn't what I meant. I think racism or disgusting. But what is even more disturbing is calling someone a criminal when they are a abiding citizen.

I can see where you are coming from but making an honest light hearted joke about kerb crawling, in my eyes at least, is hardly a hanging offence.

What makes me laugh is prostitution is not illegal, yet picking up a prostitute (or kerb crawling) is, the law is an ass! There are many legitimate reasons people use prostitutes and to avoid offending anyone I shall leave it there.

I also understand where you are coming from in relation to your story of working for the scouts, I had similar jokes made at me when I volunteered at my kids primary school, being the only male in a school full of female teachers and staff. I am strong enough in myself and my beliefs to just brush it aside, hope you did too.:surrender:

I can see where you are coming from but making an honest light hearted joke about kerb crawling, in my eyes at least, is hardly a hanging offence.

What makes me laugh is prostitution is not illegal, yet picking up a prostitute (or kerb crawling) is, the law is an ass! There are many legitimate reasons people use prostitutes and to avoid offending anyone I shall leave it there.

I also understand where you are coming from in relation to your story of working for the scouts, I had similar jokes made at me when I volunteered at my kids primary school, being the only male in a school full of female teachers and staff. I am strong enough in myself and my beliefs to just brush it aside, hope you did too.:surrender:
Strangely I was a assistant caretaker in a big London girls school briefly I hated it.The problem we appear to be creating is that it is too much hassle to help kids anymore .Long term I can see fewer and fewer male role models and few and few clubs they can join.I am considering starting again in Suffolk with helping out a youth football team or scouting but I am not sure it is worth the agro to be honest. Although I do treasure a few happy memories of those days.

Last edited:

I think i agree to a degree about prostitution.
I think the fact that I found Jake to be one of the nicest young players I have ever met struck a nerve. I was always defensive when fans felt it was favouritism that got him a contract. If there were more Jake's out there the country would be a better place.

Looks like Alfie Jones is on his way to Hull on a permanent deal. Bit of a surprise, good signing for them.

Booooo!

A loud one.....
I don't see where we would have put him had he been available to us now.Unless we were to sell someone honestly think on paper at least both centre midfield and centre of defence have the potential to be stronger than last season. He may have been on the list of targets.Possibly Evans went for other targets maybe for financial reasons.

I don't see where we would have put him had he been available to us now.Unless we were to sell someone honestly think on paper at least both centre midfield and centre of defence have the potential to be stronger than last season. He may have been on the list of targets.Possibly Evans went for other targets maybe for financial reasons.
Yeah, agree Chris. Hopefully we are covered in those areas. But still a very good player and wouldn’t have said no to re-signing him.

Looking at our squad, I think if we could somehow grab a quality signing up front I reckon we’d be set.

(although extra cover at the back wouldn’t go astray).

Leo Da Silva Lopes on loan at Gills in 2019 has left Grant McCann's Hull city who also managed him at Peterborough to join Belgian club Cercle Brugges for a undisclosed fee thought to be around 1.5 million. That could give Hull a fair bit clout in the transfer market in the next few weeks.

Leo Da Silva Lopes on loan at Gills in 2019 has left Grant McCann's Hull city who also managed him at Peterborough to join Belgian club Cercle Brugges for a undisclosed fee thought to be around 1.5 million. That could give Hull a fair bit clout in the transfer market in the next few weeks.

And with our share of the sell on fee, we could afford that striker we've been after 🙂