ifollow/Sky Watching Online | Vital Football

ifollow/Sky Watching Online

jogills

Vital Football Hero
I will start by saying that I am confused all round so may have : completely misunderstood things, got half the tale, or missed what others have said already.

I have attempted to register for basic ifollow on the official site on the assumption that my ST would provide free access. No dice, I got tired of watching the bouncing ball after 5 minutes or so.

I fired up my tablet and attempted to download the EFL ifollow app, which appeared to go well....until I tried to activate it and it asked for a password.

I then followed the link to find which matches I would not be allowed to access via ifollow and discovered this.

https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/ That's the majority of the matches by my reckoning. Will Sky somehow allow us access and how would that work anyway.

Yours

Confused Old Gent

P.S. I accept that all may revealed tomorrow but pensioners are wired to make endless, seemingly pointless enquiries.

Jo

This isn't going to help that much but I just logged on without any bother. I only have the basic package. Maybe its because I had registered previously (for Southend away last season).

Looks like Saturdays cup game is available to buy.

Hopefully tomorrows "update" will explain if and how ST holders get access to league matches (although Saturdays game isn't included in our ST so I expect we will have to buy it).

Can’t help unfortunately jogills.
As an exile, I was already registered for live commentary and the odd away game in midweek.
I’m just chuffed I can get it on the telly.

You can create an account via the GFC official website and if you pay the monthly fee (about £4 not sure tbh) you can watch any video material at any time. EXCEPT live video feeds to games. For this you`ll have to utilise the £10-a-time video pass.
Difference in the case of season ticket holders will be - I believe that you`ll still have to access via the £10-a-time video pass but you will be given a special code to input by GFC - this will negate the need to pay the £10. That`s how I understand it will work.

Just registered for the first time. I had a problem in accessing the game information when using Safari but when i switched to Google Chrome it worked fine (Safari is rubbish!)

So it might be a browser issue Jo.

I have had a small revelation. The list that supposes to tell you which games will not be on ifollow is misleading. It shows every single one of our games as due to be broadcast on Sky, which is clearly wrong. I presume the programme has not been sorted yet and the link is therefore not up to date and defaults to every game. I do hope some idiot proof instructions are about to be issued.

I have had a small revelation. The list that supposes to tell you which games will not be on ifollow is misleading. It shows every single one of our games as due to be broadcast on Sky, which is clearly wrong. I presume the programme has not been sorted yet and the link is therefore not up to date and defaults to every game. I do hope some idiot proof instructions are about to be issued.

Have you considered moving abroad? Many things are easier from there, if you can cope with flying bullets, riots, fires, weather and aversion to complete sentences framed conditionally and containing sub-clauses?

Hmmm. I've logged in and managed to pay £10 for this weekend's match via Paypal without the need to actually enter in my paypal details. There didn't seem to be any warning that clicking continue will take a payment and I clicked on the intitial button hoping for more details. I really do need to remember that it is a 1pm kick off or I would have missed a match I wasn't expecting to actually pay for.

I had the same , Google entered my details automatically 😮

Nothing to do with Google entering the details automatically. It looks as if the iFollow website saved my log in details for PayPal and entered them without even asking. They were quick to take money but as far as I can tell never refunded me for the end of last season.

Just set up my iFollow Basic Pass account and under payment details for Video Match Pass, there is an 'Apply Voucher Code' section, assumingly that is what GFC will give ST holders to watch home games. Ready and waiting!

Can anyone point me to where it officially says what percentage goes to your club? And whether that’s the same for international subscribers as well.

I’ve checked all the info on the iFollow app, including all the FAQ’s but no mention of who gets what cut of the takings.

Can anyone point me to where it officially says what percentage goes to your club? And whether that’s the same for international subscribers as well.

I’ve checked all the info on the iFollow app, including all the FAQ’s but no mention of who gets what cut of the takings.

LancsGordoRoad mentioned in post #46 on thread

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/early-league-matches-streamed.107395/page-3

that Gills get 70%, but no quote as to where that data comes from.

And actually 70% of revenues to GFC ain’t bad.

That’s assuming “nett” doesn’t mean after EFL and iFollow have taken 50% first. So long as the other 30% is just the match day costs etc all good.

I’ll grab a season pass even if i don’t manage to see most games.

And actually 70% of revenues to GFC ain’t bad.

That’s assuming “nett” doesn’t mean after EFL and iFollow have taken 50% first. So long as the other 30% is just the match day costs etc all good.

I’ll grab a season pass even if i don’t manage to see most games.

Below is a boring spreadsheet illustration of what we would get or at least how the numbers work.

The cameraman is the only fixed cost I can think of and I pulled the value of £500
for illustration purposes only. This figure might include a contribution towards technicians in the background to make sure things are working.

I am sure Sky or BT who provides the broadband services will effectively be charging an approximate fee per GB download and again the £1 per fan is pulled out of the air.

1598955059387.png
^where it says Net Profit, this could easily say Net Revenue

What I am trying to show is that the more fans who pay for the service, the club will receive a higher percentage of the £10.

On face value the EFL is taking 30% profit, BUT on the basis of the blurb saying we will get at least 70% then possibly the EFL is capping itself as to how much profit it will take. So for example if the EFL capped their profit at £5000 per club, then at 3000 fans we would get £21500 / 26500 which works out an average of around 81% net revenue.

I doubt the EFL will reveal the finer points of how they will calculate what we get. What is clear is that we probably aren't going to be getting the £7 per subscription that an average fan who don't understand the difference between gross and net will think we'll get.