The 2019/20 Champions League Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The 2019/20 Champions League Thread

I wish they would get on and do it then we could have a top division as competitive and interesting as The Championship is, as opposed to throwing a cap over the three or four names that will keep re-cycling the spoils ad infinitum.

total agreement . I don't watch anything to do with the top division in this country . all about money , not the game .

Much that I would like to see such a league come into being, I'm not sure it ever will. At present, people get excited about battling for the "vital fourth Champions League spot". In a "super" league, there would be nothing to aim for ... unless they have a top four play off to be "champions". There would be nowhere to hide in an off season for eg Chelsea if they were to finish 12th, their "fans" would melt away (or switch to Liverpool). Obviously it would need to find sufficient glory hunters who would want to watch it.

There would be no escape route, their boats would be burned. Sure, they would get a lot of money, but for how long if they had a couple of dodgy seasons? Or perhaps it could open the gates to a "World" "Super" "League". I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Now that there's no Premier League Clubs left I might seek out and watch the remaining matches, especially those involving Bayern.

Always prefer to watch The Bundesliga and Serie A over the overpayed ponces over here

Now that there's no Premier League Clubs left I might seek out and watch the remaining matches, especially those involving Bayern.

Always prefer to watch The Bundesliga and Serie A over the overpayed ponces over here

Have you seen how much some of their players are on? Bayern & Juve are on ridiculous money too, whereas Madrid & Barca are literally obscene, far greater than in the Prem.

You do realise they're on equally obscene money, too? The difference is, the money isn't as much through the league as a whole like the PL but the top teams in those leagues still pay roughly the going rate.

Much that I would like to see such a league come into being, I'm not sure it ever will. At present, people get excited about battling for the "vital fourth Champions League spot". In a "super" league, there would be nothing to aim for ... unless they have a top four play off to be "champions". There would be nowhere to hide in an off season for eg Chelsea if they were to finish 12th, their "fans" would melt away (or switch to Liverpool). Obviously it would need to find sufficient glory hunters who would want to watch it.

There would be no escape route, their boats would be burned. Sure, they would get a lot of money, but for how long if they had a couple of dodgy seasons? Or perhaps it could open the gates to a "World" "Super" "League". I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Um Chelsea fans would never go switching their allegiance to another team by the way.

Did anybody realise that it was the final tonight? I did not until just now. Glad the three-letter team didn't win it though.

Take M'Bappe out of PSG and you have a very ordinary side. I think Neymar is massively over-rated, good player but no more than that.

Gutted that Man City didn’t get a crack at Bayern, who were deserved winners last last. I wouldn’t mind their Manager’Herr Flick’ taking over from Pep (when he eventually calls it a day) as I think his style suits the current squad.

I wish they would get on and do it then we could have a top division as competitive and interesting as The Championship is, as opposed to throwing a cap over the three or four names that will keep re-cycling the spoils ad infinitum.

Having been brought up on Test Cricket, Snooker & Darts World Championships, 70 years of tennis ineptitude, the British Open Golf Championship and the FA Cup, the average 'older English supporter' understands that the element of suspense and introduction of 'minnows' brings with it the supreme levels of excitement from last gap wins and holding on to the end, that only sitting through hours of boring crap can fully develop. Unfortunately, in a modern, satisfy me now, television age, that demands immediate satisfaction, that experience is diminished and the short term prevails over the medium and long term.

BRAND has replaced RARITY and INTEGRITY in sports promotion. Let us just hope that Football doesn't head down the Boxing, F1, Darts or (God forbid) Wrestling routes

Having been brought up on Test Cricket, Snooker & Darts World Championships, 70 years of tennis ineptitude, the British Open Golf Championship and the FA Cup, the average 'older English supporter' understands that the element of suspense and introduction of 'minnows' brings with it the supreme levels of excitement from last gap wins and holding on to the end, that only sitting through hours of boring crap can fully develop. Unfortunately, in a modern, satisfy me now, television age, that demands immediate satisfaction, that experience is diminished and the short term prevails over the medium and long term.

BRAND has replaced RARITY and INTEGRITY in sports promotion. Let us just hope that Football doesn't head down the Boxing, F1, Darts or (God forbid) Wrestling routes
Football definitely won't be following wrestling. You are barely allowed to tackle, a figure four arm-lock is going to get you in trouble (granted more likely in the second half than the first 15 minutes). Although, Steve Evans has been known to deliver a Big Daddy splash.