New signing about to be announced | Page 3 | Vital Football

New signing about to be announced

Just starting to wonder if PS has obtained some financial backing/investment to facilitate this quality of saving? For obvious reasons he would want to keep shtum about it.

If scally had some investment he'd be shouting it from the rooftops. It would be total vindication of his strategy. I am not considering conspiracy theories. I think we just have a few players on bug contracts and others on smaller contracts.

I do hope we can afford them if fans aren't allowed in any time soon.

Ehmer was probably a high earner as well so that freed up a good chunk.

It is nice to see us signing quality established league one players and not non league hopefulls.

Exciting prospect. Just hope we are allowed to see it

If scally had some investment he'd be shouting it from the rooftops. It would be total vindication of his strategy. I am not considering conspiracy theories. I think we just have a few players on bug contracts and others on smaller contracts.

I do hope we can afford them if fans aren't allowed in any time soon.
Unless any investment has been subject to him not saying anything until a later date.The only other possible way of getting new funds is a transfer out.But there has been no news of that.

Dempsey is a quality addition IMO and why he's chosen here is a good question that well probably never know the answer to, but who cares. Credit to SE and P.S. for getting the deal done.

The squad is coming together very nicely although SE was quoted after the ColU game as saying he still needed "many additions". IMO we still need a LB, CB and a goalscorer (the hardest and usually most expensive thing to find), then I will really start to believe we could be challengers, think as it stands at the moment we still lack goals.

High earners Ehmer and Byrne have gone. (Around £5k a week between them).
We may be paying as little as £500 a week wages for the Arsenal boys on the agreement that they will play if fit to aid their development.
Also don’t forget the Gills Ladies’ team was cut, saving more money.
Club staff have been on Furlough since March.
Scally hinted there was a rescue package coming that would enable clubs to play behind closed doors when the season starts.

Dempsey is a quality addition IMO and why he's chosen here is a good question that well probably never know the answer to, but who cares. Credit to SE and P.S. for getting the deal done.

The squad is coming together very nicely although SE was quoted after the ColU game as saying he still needed "many additions". IMO we still need a LB, CB and a goalscorer (the hardest and usually most expensive thing to find), then I will really start to believe we could be challengers, think as it stands at the moment we still lack goals.

I believe that you`re right about looking for another striker. Just wonder, though, whether SE is waiting for Hanlon to commit as perhaps it would impact on the budgeting. Might be the difference between getting a decent squad front-man to go with ZO, JA and BH, to make four strikers or, if Hanlon moves, opting to have three strikers and making the third man in another "big signing" ....

I believe that you`re right about looking for another striker. Just wonder, though, whether SE is waiting for Hanlon to commit as perhaps it would impact on the budgeting. Might be the difference between getting a decent squad front-man to go with ZO, JA and BH, to make four strikers or, if Hanlon moves, opting to have three strikers and making the third man in another "big signing" ....

Don't see any of the strikers we currently have (including BH) having the composure/ability to score 20+ goals in a season which IMO we're going to need if we're going to be serious challengers.

Hows this for a bit of speculation on where all the money is coming from for the signings we have been making. What if Arsenal have signed Tucker on a seasons loan back arrangement with a couple of their players chucked in for good measure?

Plausible. Would have to come out in the wash at some point....

Don't see any of the strikers we currently have (including BH) having the composure/ability to score 20+ goals in a season which IMO we're going to need if we're going to be serious challengers.
You don't need a twenty goal man if goals are coming from all parts of the pitch. It is not only cheaper also harder to defend against. I can see midfielders and people like Ogilvie only too keen to feed off two big lads up top .

Akinde would get a bucket full of goals , given the right service.

I agree and would add that he fits well into the style of team being assembled - as does Vadaine - i`ve a feeling that they`re both gonna have a very productive season. Having said that, we need another striker.

You don't need a twenty goal man if goals are coming from all parts of the pitch. It is not only cheaper also harder to defend against. I can see midfielders and people like Ogilvie only too keen to feed off two big lads up top .

Goals from other areas of the pitch will take the burden off the strikers but over the course of a season we'll need a striker (or two) to get a fair share of the goals (15-20) and be a real goal threat to the opposition, which currently we don't have IMO.

Goals from other areas of the pitch will take the burden off the strikers but over the course of a season we'll need a striker (or two) to get a fair share of the goals (15-20) and be a real goal threat to the opposition, which currently we don't have IMO.
Who knows how many our forwards will score given more chances to do so.At time last season they were lucky to get one shooting chance.

Potential free agent/loan strikers to look at: Tyler Walker, Jordy Hiwula, Omar Bogle, Tyreese John Jules, Darren McQueen.

Who knows how many our forwards will score given more chances to do so.At time last season they were lucky to get one shooting chance.
While there may have been games like this, there was also plenty of games where we had a tonne of chances and our strikers couldn't finish. The only one that looked a natural finisher was jakubiak. Hanlon was very wasteful last year. He looked brilliant on the ball and got into some great positions but just couldn't finish a mars bar at times.

Let's hope he's been shown where the net is this year. If he adds goals to his game, and he continues to trouble defences in the way i saw last year, people will see him as a pretty good league 1 striker.

Last edited:
While there may have been games like this, there was also plenty of games where we had a tonne of chances and our strikers couldn't finish. The only one that looked a natural finisher was jakubiak. Hanlon was veey wasteful last year. Let's hope he's been shown where the next is this year.
What about this Arsenal kid and Akindie.Akindie has a scoring record mainly in league two of course.