Macclesfield | Page 11 | Vital Football

Macclesfield

What Macc are saying is that the National League usually starts a week before the Football League. If the National League have confirmed their start date as Oct.3 that is 3 weeks after the Football League and a month after usually when the league would start. If the Football League deem it unreasonable for the National League to be starting their League late then Macc should be retained in the Football League and Harrogate will remain in the National League.

Theres about as much chance as that happening as Steve Evan's never going into McDonald's again

Clutching at grass straws ?

Not sure it will be Southend , as although it is well known they have defaulted on payments to players, staff and just about everybody else,the article mentions no sanctions have been brought. Southend have been dealt with for those non payments by means of suspended points deduction, which is effective for the next year I believe.

Southend also got no punishment for fielding an ineligible player against us and were even allowed to keep all three points from that game.

What Macc are saying is that the National League usually starts a week before the Football League. If the National League have confirmed their start date as Oct.3 that is 3 weeks after the Football League and a month after usually when the league would start. If the Football League deem it unreasonable for the National League to be starting their League late then Macc should be retained in the Football League and Harrogate will remain in the National League.

Theres about as much chance as that happening as Steve Evan's never going into McDonald's again

Actually I think they are bidding, not to prevent Harrogate being promoted but that they should not be demoted into a league that is failing to start up when it should.
And that therefore the EFL should run with Macc as an extra team.

Southend also got no punishment for fielding an ineligible player against us and were even allowed to keep all three points from that game.

Absolutely, although those decisions were made after the season came to an end. Had the season continued, I think it is possible the decision may have been different.

Absolutely, although those decisions were made after the season came to an end. Had the season continued, I think it is possible the decision may have been different.

3 more points might have toddled us up a couple more places on the ppg thing.

And who let Southend get away with it? Another "independent commission" ?

3 more points might have toddled us up a couple more places on the ppg thing.

And who let Southend get away with it? Another "independent commission" ?
How would we have got the three points?

Southend did not 'get away with it'. They were fined £7,500 and given a suspended three-point deduction, a penalty which included failing to pay their players on time.

EFL have thrown their request out. Relegation confirmed. Will the NL admit them with their finances might be a more pressing question for them now

How would we have got the three points?

Southend did not 'get away with it'. They were fined £7,500 and given a suspended three-point deduction, a penalty which included failing to pay their players on time.

The match could have been awarded to us instead.
That's the decision I'd have made anyway !

Did Bolton ever get punished for the 2 fixtures they didn't fulfil?

Yeah and in my opinion it was way over the top.
3 of them got their pocket money stopped for two weeks
5 of them had to do extra lines in their homework.
And to top it all 3 of them had to watch videos of the previous 5 games and 2 of them were blank tapes because they couldn't be arsed to turn up to play them.

No, it wasn't. And once again, Southend didn't get away with it.

Here's a copy of the adjudication document, if anyone wishes to know the facts:

https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/201920/general-news/200520---efl-v-sufc---decision.pdf

Very interesting reading is that judgement. I had to chuckle at the bit that stated along the lines that virtually praised Ron Martin’s handling of their financial affairs under his stewardship. That would be the same individual who has had countless (I have actually lost count) winding up orders brought by HMRC and actually has previously failed to pay players and staff. I was very good friends with someone who worked there a few years ago and as a result knew some of their players. The things that were going on there could make your eyes water. Another chairman who continually hoodwinks the authorities (And most Southend fans.)

Very interesting reading is that judgement. I had to chuckle at the bit that stated along the lines that virtually praised Ron Martin’s handling of their financial affairs under his stewardship. That would be the same individual who has had countless (I have actually lost count) winding up orders brought by HMRC and actually has previously failed to pay players and staff. I was very good friends with someone who worked there a few years ago and as a result knew some of their players. The things that were going on there could make your eyes water. Another chairman who continually hoodwinks the authorities (And most Southend fans.)

Just parked for the course for England PLC. Wait 'til after Brexit. Corruption will hit new heights.

Not to my knowledge. Which, if the case, is another reason why Macc have been hard done by.

Frankly Bolton should have been expelled same as Bury. They failed to meet deadlines set then scraped in with a new buyer (who had to do a huge loan deal to so do...more mega problems down the line for them) and then haven't been reprieved they fail to play as required.
A properly run league would have kicked them out there and then.

Would it be cheaper for the Clubs to draw lots for the league placings? Still play all the footy matches, but disassociate the games and their results from the points and placings. League placings decided on pure chance. Would still be fairer than relying on fair play, the EFL, and independent commissions. With the stress of not having to win on the pitch to secure promotion or avoid relegation, some of the footy may be better too. And it’s more social distancing friendly. 😂🤣

Would it be cheaper for the Clubs to draw lots for the league placings? Still play all the footy matches, but disassociate the games and their results from the points and placings. League placings decided on pure chance. Would still be fairer than relying on fair play, the EFL, and independent commissions. With the stress of not having to win on the pitch to secure promotion or avoid relegation, some of the footy may be better too. And it’s more social distancing friendly. 😂🤣

Well, top idea !