Gardening thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Gardening thread

me chillies are getting rather appetising. As for me sunflowers. totally radiant .

it has been a slow week for us apart from some new tomatoes and blackberrys not a lot going on. Sunflowers have just started to form heads.

the weather here in South Somerset has been awful too hot and be a small collection of acer in pots they suffered this week - that said the rain today has freshened them up. It rained enough (First time for ages) to replace the evaporatio from the pond

Isn’t a courgette a marrow harvested young, or a marrow a courgette that’s left to grow? My mum when we were little used to stuff one with sausage meat and bake it in the oven. A good hearty meal but perhaps for the other thread.

Isn’t a courgette a marrow harvested young, or a marrow a courgette that’s left to grow? My mum when we were little used to stuff one with sausage meat and bake it in the oven. A good hearty meal but perhaps for the other thread.

Yes, one of my favourite dishes growing up. We still do the dish and indeed have some sausage meat in the freezer waiting for marrows to come into season.

So the honey berry bushes are dead.

We've replaced them with two varieties of gooseberry bushes which can, apparently, survive almost total neglect.

My kind of plant!
I have a red gooseberry bush in our garden - which I originally bought from B&M as a glorified stick with a tiny set of roots attached to it. Against all the odds it's grown quite a bit and produces a modest amount of fruit!

My partner grew up being fed stuffed marrow and cannot abide it now. If we ever get a marrow in the veg box, I'm going to have to be very creative with it.

Good to hear! A whole learning process for us to see what works.

Just ordered some more pots and planters. It's amazing what you can fit into a small space.

My partner grew up being fed stuffed marrow and cannot abide it now. If we ever get a marrow in the veg box, I'm going to have to be very creative with it.

Anothet dish I used to do was cubed marrow in a spicy tomato sauce with cheese baked in the oven.

Bought some supermarket packed mint for some cooking, I only needed a little so the remainder I put in water. The roots grew and have now potted outside and doing well. No more mint buying.

6 smallish tomatoes on our three plants. Hopeful for a small crop.

Still the odd strawberry ripening. Gooseberry bushes seem to be doing well.