Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 171 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

It's raining!

200w.gif

Getting bored of students whining on the BBC now.

I was predicted to get A*s and I got B's...did you get your predicted result in your mocks....'no'.

I‘m extremely worried about junior 1 next year.

As it stands there will be absolutely no allowance for the fact that he has missed the best part of 4 months of 2 year course.
Despite showing him complete willingness his school did not offer online lessons (for reasons that i could explode about)
The Private schools that we know of round us and elsewhere ran online lessons from the get go.

How the fcuk is it fair that he is judged on the same criteria as those who had the lessons he didn’t.

Not like a Tory government to miss an opportunity to subdue who they consider to be below them.

Don't get my comment wrong Mr Donkey - I was bitching about those bitching who didn't even meet their estimated grades in their mocks only and went into 'entitled mode' because estimated grades suited them better.

One of them actually said 'I'm not used to failing'. You haven't fucking lived yet and btw, with an attitude like that, you've failed at humility for a start!

I fully feel for everyone else who are being shafted by this because it's so arbitrary in deciding grades. A school's average has fuck all to do with an individual and it reinforces the old educational biases that Free Schools and Academies and that batshit idea from Cameron (and Gove) only made worse.

As for Jnr 1, there are retakes (sic) in the autumn/winter (which I appreciate doesn't help current selections) and the whole thing is a legal nightmare for those wanting to push it that far.

You're a good bloke Melon so I know you'll be doing this anyway, but let Jnr 1 know there is no fail here but also they have the opportunity to shine above moving forward. Some kids take a gap year to get pissed etc, let Jnr 1 take their gap year and use it to get past the arbitrary bollocks so they prove themselves, show they aren't a victim etc etc.

I am making assumptions about Jnr's age here lol If they are 5, you need to drink more! lol

Don't get my comment wrong Mr Donkey - I was bitching about those bitching who didn't even meet their estimated grades in their mocks only and went into 'entitled mode' because estimated grades suited them better.

One of them actually said 'I'm not used to failing'. You haven't fucking lived yet and btw, with an attitude like that, you've failed at humility for a start!

I fully feel for everyone else who are being shafted by this because it's so arbitrary in deciding grades. A school's average has fuck all to do with an individual and it reinforces the old educational biases that Free Schools and Academies and that batshit idea from Cameron (and Gove) only made worse.

As for Jnr 1, there are retakes (sic) in the autumn/winter (which I appreciate doesn't help current selections) and the whole thing is a legal nightmare for those wanting to push it that far.

You're a good bloke Melon so I know you'll be doing this anyway, but let Jnr 1 know there is no fail here but also they have the opportunity to shine above moving forward. Some kids take a gap year to get pissed etc, let Jnr 1 take their gap year and use it to get past the arbitrary bollocks so they prove themselves, show they aren't a victim etc etc.

I am making assumptions about Jnr's age here lol If they are 5, you need to drink more! lol

Cheers Mike.
No , wasn’t taking your post the wrong way. I have been busy today so haven’t seen much pupil reaction but Inevitable that some will have done nothing not justify the grades and are trying to take advantage.
I meant to say he is taking his A levels next year so hasn’t been through the results process for this year. But we do know that for his subjects there is no change in the curriculum or assessments in 2021. It’s basically business as usual as if the disruption to his first year never happened . Not really sure how they can say that . Let alone the clear disruption and unknown quantity of them all going back under the cloud of Covid 19 for the foreseeable. Mocks are always important but even more so now and that is what we are saying to junior 1 because if it kicks off again and schools close the last set of mocks or tests might be the ones they use next summer.

Yes, judging on previous years schools performance is absolute horse shit. Every year is different. One year great, the next not so. The next average. Ok for the private schools though they are great every year so another thing that benefits the Tory privileged.

Nice one mate and pleased you didn't.

Some of the reaction on the news is actually heartbreaking because the downgrades have ruined Uni places that had already been guaranteed - the other side is the chancers bitching even though they couldn't live up to their estimated grades in the mocks....and that's the bit that bugged me.

I appreciate it won't be perfect...but wouldn't it make more sense to just delay the exams full stop? And then follow that forward with increased hours for additional years who then have the chance to slowly catch up etc. Okay a few lost months in effect, but months that could be used to revise/learn the rest etc.

Actually, your last post has just reminded me.

There is talk of later exams next year . Going into July as opposed to completing in May, early June as normally would be. That would certainly help with making up some time. But whether that’s enough?.

Tongue in cheek but wouldn't mind another lockdown if he smashes his mocks at the end of this year! . Lol.

My niece was ace this morning, predicted A's... got B's... got an unconditional offer for her uni course, said ok, these grades don't define me, onward and upward.

Very wise, for one so young.
Got a lovely young girl who works for me who was getting between 96 - 98% in all her course work ended up with D's and E's that's the other end of the scale she's devastated poor bugger.

A horse called "He Knows No Fear" won in Ireland at 300-1 yesterday. A complete no hoper on form .

I will let everyone insert their own jokes though.