Ex -Gills in the move | Page 4 | Vital Football

Ex -Gills in the move

I rated him too but he seemed to fall into the same category of quite a few players over recent times who have looked lively in spells or brief cameo sub appearances but then get given a start and you realise why they were a sub.

Doesn't his mum work at the club? Should have got him to join the Steve Evans revolution.

Yes she does.

As I understand it it got very complicated at Spurs and he wanted to get out and play football which Spurs were reluctant to do and the only way he could do that was to move abroad, as Spurs could claim compensation from any club he moved to permanently within the uk, a price which would have stopped any move.

His agent is David Dein's (ex Arsenal owner) son.

Yes she does.

As I understand it it got very complicated at Spurs and he wanted to get out and play football which Spurs were reluctant to do and the only way he could do that was to move abroad, as Spurs could claim compensation from any club he moved to permanently within the uk, a price which would have stopped any move.

His agent is David Dein's (ex Arsenal owner) son.

And that together with the hoovering up of way too many young players by big clubs sums up how our development of young players has been so poor.

I’m surprised he hasn’t established anywhere.
I thought he showed massive potential when with us, but it appears we were right to let him move on.

He scored about 10 in 40 in his first season at Colchester playing as the left sided inside forward and then only managed about half a dozen games at the end of the second season due to a bad cruciate ligament injury. His last season at Colchester seems to show him playing as a left midfielder providing crosses for some strikers I've never heard of called Luke Norris, Frank Nouble and Mikael Mandron of whom seemed to be rotated.

Last season while on loan he scored 2 in 8 starts so back to his scoring ratio to his first Colchester season.

He looked good when we were dominating in the first part of his first season under Edinburgh as he was able to get forward and play as a winger but struggled playing out of position as a left back when the wheels started to fall off in the second half.

I did think it was a mistake to let him go at the time and I do wonder if he could have successfully made it as a league one striker if it wasn't for the cruciate ligament injury and 9 month layoff.

He scored about 10 in 40 in his first season at Colchester playing as the left sided inside forward and then only managed about half a dozen games at the end of the second season due to a bad cruciate ligament injury. His last season at Colchester seems to show him playing as a left midfielder providing crosses for some strikers I've never heard of called Luke Norris, Frank Nouble and Mikael Mandron of whom seemed to be rotated.

Last season while on loan he scored 2 in 8 starts so back to his scoring ratio to his first Colchester season.

He looked good when we were dominating in the first part of his first season under Edinburgh as he was able to get forward and play as a winger but struggled playing out of position as a left back when the wheels started to fall off in the second half.

I did think it was a mistake to let him go at the time and I do wonder if he could have successfully made it as a league one striker if it wasn't for the cruciate ligament injury and 9 month layoff.

Imediately prior to his serious injury it was strongly rumoured that he was about to be transferred to Ipswich (Norwich?) for a fee in the region of £1M.

K

Kerchiiing 👍😁
Money in the bank
Why we sold him to Saints?The sell ons don't feed down too a third club.I doubt they will get more for him than we did anyway. Sell on's only happen if the buying team make a profit of achieve promotion or even avoid relegation using him.