ADMINISTRATORS UPDATE: | Page 3 | Vital Football

ADMINISTRATORS UPDATE:

I think there's a massive difference between the two divisions - TV money for a start.

We may still have had to cut our cloth, but we'd be doing that without being bent over a barrel.
I applaud your positive view Moonay but seems we have been bent over a barrel in any event since the Chinese crooks activated the ownership transfer scam in Feb.
There is a long queue of people seeing us bent over said barrel and waiting for their "turn on us"

I think you are reading too much into the stand off Hampton. The buyers will not commit themselves until they think the rock bottom price has been reached, that's the way it works. Regardless of which division we were in they would still be waiting for the admins to blink and the lowest price to be negotiated.

On the other hand the admins are now upping the ante by setting a final date and putting the pressure back on the prospective buyers to come forward with solid proposals.

It's a game of chicken with the future of the club at stake. Unpalatable as that may seem, that's the reality of purchasing a business.
I really hope you are right and I'm wrong here.
Having Russian roulette with a major part of mine (and most on here's) lives is not comfortable at all 😢
Not good for the mental health which our "supportive friends" at the EFL signal they are so concerned about

I really hope you are right and I'm wrong here.
Having Russian roulette with a major part of mine (and most on here's) lives is not comfortable at all 😢
Not good for the mental health which our "supportive friends" at the EFL signal they are so concerned about

Like everybody else I am only speculating, but if it were myself in the position to buy the club it is what I would be doing.

Its dog eat dog in business acquisition and sentiment has little to do with it.

Unless you are a fan of the club with an affinity to the town and its people there will be no thought given in that direction.

We can only wait and hope that they chicken out before the chamber with the bullet comes round in this game of Russian roulette.

Like everybody else I am only speculating, but if it were myself in the position to buy the club it is what I would be doing.

Its dog eat dog in business acquisition and sentiment has little to do with it.

Unless you are a fan of the club with an affinity to the town and its people there will be no thought given in that direction.

We can only wait and hope that they chicken out before the chamber with the bullet comes round in this game of Russian roulette.

So what would any prospective buyer want with us if they have no affinity.We have no money no players and in the third tire
What's in for anyone only us the fans.

It also occurs that the recent silence / running for the hills fm Nandy, Burnham and the Whelans is concerning.
Are they distancing so as not to be subsequently associated with our demise ?
Fine words initially, little or nothing since 🙄

It also occurs that the recent silence / running for the hills fm Nandy, Burnham and the Whelans is concerning.
I doubt any of them are one of the four bidders mate.

Just wondering - if the potential buyers are standing by while the admins are fire selling assets which could be sold for much more out of admin - why did the admins spunk 500k on an appeal to keep us in the championship 🤔
Because I’d be willing to bet that their was at least one party that were ready to purchase us if we were a Championship club. That preferred bidder pulling out the day after our relegation told its own story. They may have returned had the appeal been successful.

So what would any prospective buyer want with us if they have no affinity.We have no money no players and in the third tire
What's in for anyone only us the fans.

There are still assets to be had Zakky.

If they get the holding company for a peppercorn sum there will still be sufficient assets to make it worthwhile whilst operating the club will still bring in some revenues.

Although the TV money is a lot less than the Championship it is still an asset. the training grounds and stadium interests still have some value and we will still have some players left to trade.

When the fire sale is over the wage bill will be substantially reduced and the club will be debt free as it will become a new business.

If the new owners keep within the wage structure they will not need to put in huge sums. In a couple of years they could probably put the club up for sale and make a few million.

The downside for us, the fans, is that we will probably be in the lower divisions for the forseeable future with little chance of any investment in players or facilities.

If we were to go bust it should be front page news of every sports media outlet on the planet. We finished 13th in arguably one of the top five most competitive, most watched leagues in the world last season. Only in 2013 we won the FA Cup and were a European football club. We average around 10k home fans. With respect to the likes of Bury, Halifax and Telford, we’d surely be the biggest club to go bust in this country for a generation. Probably the biggest in the world since Parma in Italy went bust in 2015.

The sad thing is that it wouldn’t be. We wouldn’t even make the first story on Sky Sports News or the first story on the back of the newspapers. We’d be second behind what Jadon Sancho had for tea the previous night. Football in this country is dead beyond the big six and the sooner they fuck off to their European Super League and leave the rest to fend for themselves in England the better!

Just wondering - if the potential buyers are standing by while the admins are fire selling assets which could be sold for much more out of admin - why did the admins spunk 500k on an appeal to keep us in the championship 🤔
To get a lot more than 500,000 when selling a championship club rather than a lge1. Dont you read the news and howmuch you lose if you are in lge 1 as opposed to championship.

A lot of people on here have opinions that are reactionary and high school standard not saying you do but saying a lot do

Eh? what is there to say we lost the appeal Nandy was great on that front very vocal, but she is an MP not a EFL official its influnece she has not power, Whelan has done more than his fare share for latics and Burnham did all he could

Last edited:
If we were to go bust it should be front page news of every sports media outlet on the planet. We finished 13th in arguably one of the top five most competitive, most watched leagues in the world last season. Only in 2013 we won the FA Cup and were a European football club. We average around 10k home fans. With respect to the likes of Bury, Halifax and Telford, we’d surely be the biggest club to go bust in this country for a generation. Probably the biggest in the world since Parma in Italy went bust in 2015.

The sad thing is that it wouldn’t be. We wouldn’t even make the first story on Sky Sports News or the first story on the back of the newspapers. We’d be second behind what Jadon Sancho had for tea the previous night. Football in this country is dead beyond the big six and the sooner they fuck off to their European Super League and leave the rest to fend for themselves in England the better!

wow so why should we be on the front page of anything other than the observer.
Ill say it if no one else will, everyone knows we couldnt sustain a higher lge place without some rich boke and his family funding us.
When Whelan bought the club we had 1500 at most games and that was an inflated figure, we was less than shit playing at a crrap ground, the next few years we was in a ground to big for us and a ground we couldnt fill if we added the rugby crowd combined. We got in the prem and still lost money most seasons.

He did us great by leaving latics debt free and sold the club for a lot less than the club was worth on assests but was costing a million a month to fund

No matter what we won and achieved it was artificially bank rolled, look at blackburn look at bolton we are the same.

I love latics i really do and for over 45 years, but for ferks sake get real we have had the good years and now we are back where we was prior to whelan on our arse, no news here.

Yes we finished 13th we had a really good manager that built at least 2 squads in 3 years, but that asnt enough for most on here and as i was told loads of times he was a manager 90% wanted sacked and i got banned from the site for sticking up for him and when he left a lot on here slagged him off for being a coward and called Paul crook.

we support the club but have perspective no one else gives a shit

Last edited:
Eh? what is there to say we lot the appeal Nandy was great on that front very vocal, but she is an MP not a EFL official its influnce she has not power, Whelan has done more than his fare share for latics and Burnham did all he could
That will be one of the high school standard posts you were suggesting then 🤣

I dont understand why potential buyers are standing by watching these players sold for peanuts
Unless there is no potential buyers and we are being mugged off

Most likely they simply can't afford to inherit the assets. Proof of 2 years funds will be a factor in how much you can afford to inherit in wages.

That question is more relevant to Whelan than the two politicians, who have to tread carefully. However, their contribution has led to a Government investigation into the whole administration/points deduction process. The silence from Dave Whelan has been deafening, though.