If and just a big if | Page 3 | Vital Football

If and just a big if

The latest statement from the admin brings this closer, basically they say August 31st is the deadline for a deal to be done! They say four parties interested but if none sign by then it's looking like goodbye!!!

Concerned yet Moonay? We’ve got three weeks for the talking to stop and for someone to pay that 100k and commit to buying the club. Or it’s all over and AFC Wigan will be gearing up for 2021/22 against St Helens Town and Ashton!

Fair play to the admins though. No point drawing out the pain any further, set a date and say put up or shut up.

Was always going to be like this - Unlike other clubs - as we had the temerity to challenge them - they will insist on new owners being in place before the season starts.
Other clubs have played under admin but these pricks seem to have a separate set of rules for us.
Be interesting to see how much "help" other clubs falling into admin during the rest of the year fare with these bell end.
Guess it will depend as usual on club size, history and ability to fuel the gravy train.

Concerned yet Moonay? We’ve got three weeks for the talking to stop and for someone to pay that 100k and commit to buying the club. Or it’s all over and AFC Wigan will be gearing up for 2021/22 against St Helens Town and Ashton!

Fair play to the admins though. No point drawing out the pain any further, set a date and say put up or shut up.

Of course I'm concerned ............... but that doesn't change the fact that your previous posts (re proof of funds and that there was no-one trying to buy us) were both clearly false.

The situation is obviously conflated with the current situation where there will be no matchday income. Personally, I'd happily pay my season ticket now - preferably getting to watch games by tv is possible, but not essential - if it helps keep the club going.

That should be the next stage ......... not just a collection, but a fund where folks can pay for their ST in advance .......if it helps the club keep going.

Of course I'm concerned ............... but that doesn't change the fact that your previous posts (re proof of funds and that there was no-one trying to buy us) were both clearly false.

The situation is obviously conflated with the current situation where there will be no matchday income. Personally, I'd happily pay my season ticket now - preferably getting to watch games by tv is possible, but not essential - if it helps keep the club going.

That should be the next stage ......... not just a collection, but a fund where folks can pay for their ST in advance .......if it helps the club keep going.
Moonay - come on pal any other ideas 🤣- flattered by plagiarism tbh 😉

I'm surprised nobody has replied as to whether this site will die as well suppose its inevitable

Ours will be down. They will keep us fans guessing till the last min. That’s what these Addmin firms do. It’s not in there interest. to sell quick same happened with a Bolton.

I'm surprised nobody has replied as to whether this site will die as well suppose its inevitable

I suppose that as it's a football forum, (with an infrequently visited "Off Topic" section), if we have no football team to comment on, there's no real point in it continuing.

Just wandered if the club are liquidated will it also mean that Vital Wigan will also close its doors? As it is a little community in its self I'm sure there are lots of posters who would miss the comeradery even if we do have our moments from time to time
That’s the best solution get liquidated pay nobody that’s owed any money then come back as The Wigan Start at league 2 easy peasy been done before and it works .

I personally can't remember any club starting the new season in administration.

The problem being that the admins would have to prove sufficient funding to complete the season as per league rules, something they obviously couldn't do.

There have been clubs that have concluded seasons and some that have been only weeks into the season when administration was brought in but they had the luxury of having gate receipts as income.

Unless we are able to either generate an income or have a new owner that is prepared to cover the losses until we are able to open the gates then what the admins are saying is common sense. There is no legal reasons why we cant continue to play in administration but financially it is a non starter.