Coronavirus | Page 52 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Premier Rutter cut short his holiday to address the Dutch Nation aimed mainly at the younger generation who appear to be ambivalent about the whole social distancing thing. In addition, there is mega resistance in NL to face coverings and let’s not discuss track n trace. Add to that 20k demonstration in Berlin regarding face coverings and other restrictions. I can see the virus rising again in both Germany & France. Not good.

There may be a trend, but the scatter and confidence intervals are pretty wide -

0.03% may have the virus, but the 95% confidence interval is 0.01-0.06%

(data of 3 weeks ago) https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...land17july2020#covid-19-infection-survey-data

The latest version of the ONS Infection Survey data has been released - my previous comment on the width of the confidence limits still applies.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...ovid19infectionsurveypilot/england7august2020

I suggested a week or two that the English stats were not comparable with those of the rest of UK. The authorities have now adjusted the deaths, resulting in a 5,377 reduction in total deaths. There is now a daily death rate almost down to single figures.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Yep, counted differently to the rest of the UK originally and just as liable to interpretation now as then. They are no more or less accurate than they were before merely the definition has changed, something I've mentioned on this thread at least 3 times

Still in intensive care due to Covid19 after 5 weeks and you die? Now not counted as a Covid death

Test positive for Covid19 and die 5 weeks later after being run over by a bus? Now not counted as a Covid death

Previously it would have been the opposite...Excess deaths still easily the best indicator of how many the virus has killed...

Yep, counted differently to the rest of the UK originally and just as liable to interpretation now as then. They are no more or less accurate than they were before merely the definition has changed, something I've mentioned on this thread at least 3 times

Still in intensive care due to Covid19 after 5 weeks and you die? Now not counted as a Covid death

Test positive for Covid19 and die 5 weeks later after being run over by a bus? Now not counted as a Covid death

Previously it would have been the opposite...Excess deaths still easily the best indicator of how many the virus has killed...

Yes you are always going to have someone just before or after the cut-off point -28 days is the standard when reporting other illnesses.What this latest development does is bring it in line with that,as well as line with the rest of the UK. What this also does stop is the farce of never being able to recover from Covid as this will be always shown as a CV death even if you recovered years ago.

Yes you are always going to have someone just before or after the cut-off point -28 days is the standard when reporting other illnesses.What this latest development does is bring it in line with that,as well as line with the rest of the UK. What this also does stop is the farce of never being able to recover from Covid as this will be always shown as a CV death even if you recovered years ago.

Of course, it also means you could technically be being treated for Covid19 while in hospital and die and not be counted, but you have to draw the line somewhere and the fact that some areas of the UK weren't counting them the same way is madness. It also highlights how incredibly difficult it is to compare death counts in other countries, there just isn't enough information that I can find about how they are being tallied. Excess deaths is really the only way to see the impact

The problem with using excess deaths is that will include lots of deaths from non CV sources. This latest method is preferable to that.

The problem with using excess deaths is that will include lots of deaths from non CV sources. This latest method is preferable to that.

Of course, but it will allow you to assess the impact of the virus and also the impact of the measures taken to prevent spread and is really the only measure to compare death rates across countries. Which is after all the only way we're going to be able to establish those countries which succeeded better than others and what measures they took.

Good news though Notty , seems restrictions are being eased again on Saturday , beauty parlours can return to more facial treatments , As FP used to say "book early" :cool::ROFLMAO:

New Scientist not convinced by Sweden's approach

New Scientist News: Is Sweden's coronavirus strategy a cautionary tale or a success story?.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2251615-is-swedens-coronavirus-strategy-a-cautionary-tale-or-a-success-story/?utm_campaign=RSS|NSNS&utm_source=NSNS&utm_medium=RSS&utm_content=health

Scientists? Pah! What do they know? I'm off to find a alternative news site to get the real information I need.

*dons tin hat with added magnets*

Civil unrest in many parts of the Netherlands 16 - 25 yerar olds predominately. Premier Rutter will address the nation tomorrow.