Bury | Page 112 | Vital Football

Bury

That is a real work of literature. Ranting about Bury fans, the previous owners, the EFL, MPs, the phoenix club, the police, social media and anyone else he can think of. The National League should publish its requirements to remove any doubt as to where the blame for oblivion rests. Kieran Maguire referred to him as a scumbag again this week, and coined an interesting phrase in a tweet - worth finding, but it cannot be posted on here!

This?

Prefer cockwomble ( nice woody tone) to wankpuffin ( a bit tinny) but in the context of the tweet, the latter is inspired and even more respect to Mr Maguire.

That is a real work of literature. Ranting about Bury fans, the previous owners, the EFL, MPs, the phoenix club, the police, social media and anyone else he can think of. The National League should publish its requirements to remove any doubt as to where the blame for oblivion rests. Kieran Maguire referred to him as a scumbag again this week, and coined an interesting phrase in a tweet - worth finding, but it cannot be posted on here!

Mr Maguire used a slightly different (ruder) phrase about Mr Dale,

On a personal note, who writes so much (with such poor punctuation) without saying anything positive? His only point seems to be, "it's everyone else's fault, but mine".

I suspect that the main thing the fans want to know is, "what is actually going on and what is going to happen next"?

I was going to go through the 14 points and comment on them, but it was so utterly pointless that I couldn't be bothered. I think Mr Dale says it so well himself,

"There is a saying “empty cans make the most noise, in my world we throw them in the bin” "

although I suspect the self-reflection and irony are entirely lost on him - if only he could self-dispose.

He's got issues, hasn't he? I can't bring myself to read it all but it feels like being able to write on the Bury OS is an escape for him.

If i can fit it into my busy schedule and restrictions allow , i shall pop round the M60 to Ramsbottom for a peek at the new Bury

I like the rather pathetic mantra,

"remember there is “ONLY ONE BURY FOOTBALL CLUB”. "

especially in light of AFC Bury playing its first game in preparation for the new season in Tier 10,

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/year-bury-fcs-expulsion-football-18845220

The final few lines also form a quite nice self-parody from Mr. Dale,

"What’s left to sanction, Hymns or the Bible

Every Country has a past, you can’t eradicate it you have to learn by it.

“IT IS SAD THAT TO BE A GOOD PATRIOT ONE MUST OFTEN BE THE ENEMY OF OTHER PEOPLES”

Voltaire
"

Now I am not a Voltaire expert, but I believe the actual quote is (or is closer to),

"It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind"

which I think is actually a quotation that denounces the 'Patriot', rather than promoting patriotism. It should also be remembered that Voltaire was an ardent critic of Christianity.

I am sure that he would curl a wry smile at how quotations in the absence of context and understanding have now replaced intellectual rigour.