Free View Re-tune | Vital Football

Free View Re-tune

hulloutpost

Vital Champions League
The North West has had some sort of major re-vamp to it's TV transmitters today as part of the national roll out so we've duly retuned our main TV and the one in the bedroom.

The good news is that for whatever reason the main TV which operates via BT internet hasn't taken the upgrade so I'm pretty much left with BT and Sky Sports channels. Meanwhile the bedroom TV which runs from an old fashioned antenna has taken to the new frequency crappy Free View channels perfectly.

My commanding officer is none to happy I can tell you. For some reason she thinks I have done this on purpose.

Now I know some of you Vital Lincoln braniacs out there will know exactly how to fix this technological glitch but hey let's not be too hasty with the advice guys.

The North West has had some sort of major re-vamp to it's TV transmitters today as part of the national roll out so we've duly retuned our main TV and the one in the bedroom.

The good news is that for whatever reason the main TV which operates via BT internet hasn't taken the upgrade so I'm pretty much left with BT and Sky Sports channels. Meanwhile the bedroom TV which runs from an old fashioned antenna has taken to the new frequency crappy Free View channels perfectly.

My commanding officer is none to happy I can tell you. For some reason she thinks I have done this on purpose.

Now I know some of you Vital Lincoln braniacs out there will know exactly how to fix this technological glitch but hey let's not be too hasty with the advice guys.

Genuinely clueless on all this !
The world we now live in is one that has left me quite a long way behind in the past.

Genuinely clueless on all this !
The world we now live in is one that has left me quite a long way behind in the past.
Absolutely 100 per cent the same here. In other developments my old phone has now been condemned as it can't download an app to allow contactless access to the gym. I wouldn't mind but I've only had it four years, admittedly it was second hand.

They'll be taking my wireless off me next.

So have you retuned the TV and the BT box or just the TV? If you haven't retuned the BT box you can auto reacquire the channels via settings

So have you retuned the TV and the BT box or just the TV? If you haven't retuned the BT box you can auto reacquire the channels via settings

Thanks Sincilbanks. I've done the standard re-tune on the TV which auto runs through the antennae, cable and satellite frequencies but fails to recognise any channels.

The picture is however displayed via HDMI anyway and we've followed the BT prompts to re-tune on that 'channel' to no avail apart from we can get BBC1 and 2 only (not HD though) plus all of our BT channels no problem. So basically it's just the freeview stuff that's disappeared.

We have disconnected power supply, reset the server and removed aerial - to no avail. I spoke with the free serve help line and they are suggesting post transmitter changes we may need a new communal aerial for our block of flats.