Preferred Bidder can be named today | Page 28 | Vital Football

Preferred Bidder can be named today

I think the EFL will do everything they can to help Wigan as long as there is a genuine, potential buyer, just as they did with Wanderers and FV. You look to be in a much better position than Charlton anyway with what’s going on there at the moment!

We are running out of time that’s for sure We need to pray that someone comes along soon. Even the most diehard Wigan fans are very Worried now it’s just like Wigan Boro all over again You realy do have to ask your self who would buy a football club under these circumstances and times.

John has a point. I note the test event for socially distanced fans at the charity shield has been pulled and with the rising infection rate and increased local lockdowns I just can’t see supporters being back in under two months. Why buy a business if a if a major revenue source is not available and there’s uncertainty when it will be? Has to be the worst time ever to fall into admin.

We are running out of time that’s for sure We need to pray that someone comes along soon. Even the most diehard Wigan fans are very Worried now it’s just like Wigan Boro all over again You realy do have to ask your self who would buy a football club under these circumstances and times.
A Chinese conman would.....!

At what point did you start getting concerned about the future of Wigan Borough and realise the end was nigh?

Some bright spark needs to sell season tickets - no one is not going to support the club - with the deal that it's TV access home and away as the re-start games then into the ground when possible.
It's clearly too much for the admins to manage though along with the kit !

That's very cynical....even for you, Hindley

Tell you what does make me cynical....it's your continuous reference to Brexit in almost every post. Is it to provoke someone into reacting?... well job done I suppose...he shouldn't have said what he said but quit the political lefty shite and take it to off topic.

If crowds aren’t allowed back in by October then the Premier League/Government simply have to intervene with a bailout package. Or else it won’t just be the end of us, we’ll just be one of many.

If crowds aren’t allowed back in by October then the Premier League/Government simply have to intervene with a bailout package. Or else it won’t just be the end of us, we’ll just be one of many.

Premier League = Yes.
Government = No.

As a tax payer I'm already struggling to accept all the furlough / grant money currently dished out to all on sunday so they can get their half price meal deals in a crowded pub.

At what point did you start getting concerned about the future of Wigan Borough and realise the end was nigh?

Stop taking the piss Sid John has forgotten more about Latics than you will ever know. Im not prepared to come on here and watch you take the piss out of an older man

I think if we don't find a buyer soon there is still a chance the club gets bought later after further downsizing by Admin for a reduced price. It's a possibility we yet take the 15 point deduction and tell the creditors they aren't getting 25p in the pound and the price would be decreased further.

I said it before and i still think there is a chance that if all other bidders have dropped out and it's certain liquidation Whelan may come in at the last minute for a rock bottom price. But I think Lennigan would end up with us if he is the only party left.

We've been told no one is coming in until wage bill is down further and 6m debts paid off. We haven't done that yet. If we sell 6m plus worth of players and have no one left and still no buyer then we should maybe worry but we haven't got the club into the position the current bidders have requested yet - so it's not a shock those potential bidders haven't put the offer in yet.

Last edited:
I cant comment as I wasnt around then but I'll take your word from your own experience that it is as worrying now as it was then.

John, apologies for taking this piss.
Of course I knew you wasnt around in 1931 just a bit of friendly banter.
You might want to let Zakky know your not that old though.