What’s going on? | Page 60 | Vital Football

What’s going on?

I wouldn't be surprised if a big part of what the bidders are looking at are the 2 training grounds.

Both are decent sized chunks of land ................ the issue will be, could either be sold as potential development opportunities any time soon.

For Euxton, as has already been discussed previously elsewhere, this is unlikely ..... in the near term at least. As for Christopher Park, I imagine it's a similar picture.

Their dilemma will be balancing running 2 locations, each with their associated costs ....... whilst at the same time having the evidence that the youth section having the quality of facility they've had in the past few years (amongst other things obviously, not least, top top coaches) has shown itself to be a successful model.

Lots of is and buts to be considered.
Saying that though Ant the government announced last week a relaxation in planning and both could easily go for housing and Euxton for commercial and or housing.

No. With Euxton we definitely know. I remember posting a link to the Chorley plan referenced by OLFE a while ago.

With Standish LG, it's probably the same too.

You’ve more knowledge of what covenants exist than I have, so it’s hard to argue you’re not right, but with the change in planning laws it will possibly change all that. The land may well actually increase in value overnight if that’s the case.

You’ve more knowledge of what covenants exist than I have, so it’s hard to argue you’re not right, but with the change in planning laws it will possibly change all that. The land may well actually increase in value overnight if that’s the case.

Not sure that anything in the new planning regulations will have any effect on the status of either training ground. Most of the proposals are aimed at regulations being eased for urban development and transparency on land ownership to prevent land banking.

There is a requirement for Councils to update their Local Area Plans by 2023 but cannot see that this will have any affect on leisure spaces.

Saying that though Ant the government announced last week a relaxation in planning and both could easily go for housing and Euxton for commercial and or housing.

If there are new guidelines coming out, then obviously things might change, but I remember I posted the following when you thought new houses were going up near Strawberry Fields. (They aren't).

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/chorley-approves-320000-sq-ft-mixed-use-scheme/

Not really, I just remember looking into it a few weeks ago.........and before that. As for changes, like I said to JR, of course they may change ........ but I doubt it for that small area (at Euxton).

copied from f/b:
PAUL STANLEY UPDATE:

- Joe Gelhardt's sale to #lufc has paid the players for July
- The launch of a new kit and #wafc season tickets will be left to new owners
- Talks with buyers are ongoing
- Had a very positive meeting with Leam Richardson
- Five pre-season friendlies booked
Have we paid July salaries twice ?
Stanley previously said Weir and Devine sales paid July salaries !
Who's policing the police here ?

copied from f/b:
PAUL STANLEY UPDATE:

- Joe Gelhardt's sale to #lufc has paid the players for July
- The launch of a new kit and #wafc season tickets will be left to new owners
- Talks with buyers are ongoing
- Had a very positive meeting with Leam Richardson
- Five pre-season friendlies booked
If the launch of a new kit is being left to new owners does that mean we will be playing as skins next season ? and when the now owner eventually arrives will the kit be cherry and white hoops 😉🤣

If there are new guidelines coming out, then obviously things might change, but I remember I posted the following when you thought new houses were going up near Strawberry Fields. (They aren't).

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/chorley-approves-320000-sq-ft-mixed-use-scheme/

Not really, I just remember looking into it a few weeks ago.........and before that. As for changes, like I said to JR, of course they may change ........ but I doubt it for that small area (at Euxton).
Original plans included a family pub/ eatery but this was when they were courting the public into supporting their plans for developing this green space.

Thread tidied up following numerous alerts.

This is a football forum, politics in this worrying time never goes down well. I'm not keen on being judge and jury on politics, but I also won't ignore alerts on certain views and not only that, but reasonable requests to remove said 'certain views' being met with f*** off type responses.

Politics should be in off topic, as said, this is a football forum. There isn't any place for abuse to other members and if people want to express right wing (or indeed far left, please do it somewhere else.)

So if July wages are paid we basically just owe 6 million and August's wages. Given we are due to receive 3.8 million in transfer fees along with Robinson and Moore (4 million) surely we have easily enough to cover these too. What's the rush to sell anyone else? Wages can't exactly be astronomical now with 75 salaries and few top earners off books.

Is this the housing that isn't going up on the site?
Trafford Housing Trust to build Chorley homes
24 Jan 2020, 10:16
Chorley Council has granted approval to Trafford Housing Trust for the construction of 122 homes on a 26-acre plot.
The £28.5m site, formerly known as Strawberry Fields, is located off Euxton Road and the housing forms part of a wider scheme that was granted outline planning permission in December 2015.
The houses, which will be delivered under the Laurus Homes brand, will be situated alongside the £8.4m Digital Hub, which was handed over by Willmott Dixon in May 2019.
The scheme will comprise a mix of two-, three- and four-bedroom family houses available for sale, with properties also available for affordable rent and shared ownership.
Graeme Scott, development director at Trafford Housing Trust, said: “This Euxton Road site responds to housing needs in Chorley by providing a range of homes for various tenures to meet the needs of those on different incomes.
“A total of 50% of the homes will be available for shared ownership and affordable rent. [The scheme] is well positioned for the hospital, motorway and employment opportunities.”
Duncan Williams, regional director at designated contractor Seddon, said: “These plans will provide Chorley residents with superior standard family homes, while creating a brand-new, thriving community.”
Work will start on site in Spring 2020. The designated contractor is Seddon and the planning agent is Euan Kellie Property Solutions, the architect is DGL Associates.
Work is underway on the non existent housing development.

So if July wages are paid we basically just owe 6 million and August's wages. Given we are due to receive 3.8 million in transfer fees along with Robinson and Moore (4 million) surely we have easily enough to cover these too. What's the rush to sell anyone else? Wages can't exactly be astronomical now with 75 salaries and few top earners off books.

The club is getting no income and has no overdraft, surplus in the bank or anything else to pay things with
It doesn't matter whether wages are astronomical (comparatively speaking) or not. When you have absolutely nothing to pay them with then anything is too much