The new SKIPPER? | Vital Football

The new SKIPPER?

chris who

Vital Champions League
Is there anyone currently in the squad that is likely to take the armband?
I guess a large part of the remaining signings will be loan deals therefore not eligible.

O’Keefe is the senior but we don’t know much about his personality.
It could easily be a new player.

O’Keefe is the senior but we don’t know much about his personality.
It could easily be a new player.
If he signs I was wondering if Rhys Bennett might get the armband judging on these comments from his time with Mansfield.
Boss Steve Evans said: “Rhys a fantastic character.
“He’s played every minute under me as he deserves to play every minute and I am sure that was the same with Adam Murray prior to me.

“He’s the right type. He’s a player that enthused coming into training. He wants to improve and I can’t give him any more compliments than to say we’ve kept him on the pitch for every minute of every game since we arrived.
“His objective must be to start Saturday and makes sure he completes all the minutes in that game.”
Bennett also found himself wearing the captain’s armband last week, underlining the impact he has made.
“It was thoroughly deserved,” said Evans. “Obviously we were missing our skipper Lee Collins, and Krystian Pearce

I thought O'Keefe spoke well on the online player of the year video a couple of weeks back. He's quite vocal on the pitch as well, I think he'll get the nod.

I am starting to believe we need a strong Captain this season. It is a appointment that in some cases the team does not always needed.But even with Evans and Raynor on the sidelines having a proper skipper would I think help the side.Most of the experience is probably done now in some cases having that powerful leader could be the finishing touch to a really good first eleven or so players. It is possible that player is already with us of course but he needs to step up now if he is.

The manager and staff will spot the natural leader from training sessions.
The best players don’t make the best skippers but he must be a first choice starter so maybe the keeper

I always believe that defenders or defensive midfielders make the best captains if possible as the game is played in front of them.
You do need the right person in one of those positions of course.
No one has mentioned Ogilvie as a potential skipper.