Macclesfield | Page 8 | Vital Football

Macclesfield

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53530653
The Latics' appeal will cost between £400,000 and £500,000 because the club must also pay the English Football League's fees, according to Krasner.

no wonder the efl like prolonging these appeals.

i also had to laugh at the wigan excuse for why they shouldn't have points deducted.
"The argument is no-one - neither at Wigan nor the EFL - could have known what Au Yeung Wai Kay was going to do and therefore the punishment should be withdrawn."
i hope their appeal lawyers have something a bit better than that to work with.

i also had to laugh at the wigan excuse for why they shouldn't have points deducted.

"The argument is no-one - neither at Wigan nor the EFL - could have known what Au Yeung Wai Kay was going to do and therefore the punishment should be withdrawn."
i hope their appeal lawyers have something a bit better than that to work with.
As posted elsewhere, the liquidators are basing their defence on force majeure. As an ex-underwriter, I understand force majeure better than most, and I can honestly say they have no chance of succeeding.

Therefore, we may expect their appeal to succeed.

In similar vein, it always surprises me how many clubs believe they can be separated from the conduct of their owners.

Hearing on August 11th, and the judge rejected Stevenage's suggestion of their involvement in the hearing (which apparently had been backed by 7 other L2 Clubs).

Not been keeping up to date with this, but seems a farce. Probably reached the right decision but 2 months too late. Stevenage are deep into a rebuild and Luke Prosser/ Coker aside their new signings look fit for no better than a top half NL finish. Another tough season for them I suspect...

Northern gets the boot, southern club survives, it's a common theme.
Bit of a shame as Macclesfield as followed us and down the divisions more or less for the 20 odd years.
Hope this isn't the end for them and they end up like Bury.
Done before the fixtures come out I notice.