Players going forward | Page 12 | Vital Football

Players going forward

The admins are shafting us to the benefit of the crook who appointed them only.
Open your eyes people - there is no prospective owner (if so would they support the current fire-sale? - no, they would buy then sell assets at full market value to recover their initial investment- if I could get access to £10m for a month I would do it myself !) this is a slow death of 1000 cuts before a final liquidation.
Hate to say it but IMO we are totally fecked.
With you on this one I too feel everything will be sold then liquidation

If they didn't get paid they wouldnt be doing it and Wigan Athletic would already be liquidated. No one works for free and someone has to do the job.

As I say they are not doing us a favour being here but they aren't here to screw the club either - just try and get the club sold and keep it afloat until then despite the lack of revenue.

We aren't in this situation because of the Administratiors, so no point blaming the guys mopping up the mess the owners left us all with.
I think we understand that king, it's just that they are in a long line of necessary evils we seem to rely on in general like lawyers, solicitors, estate agents, accountants, bailiffs etc etc.

If they didn't get paid they wouldnt be doing it and Wigan Athletic would already be liquidated. No one works for free and someone has to do the job.

As I say they are not doing us a favour being here but they aren't here to screw the club either - just try and get the club sold and keep it afloat until then despite the lack of revenue.

We aren't in this situation because of the Administratiors, so no point blaming the guys mopping up the mess the owners left us all with.
And that is why we are giving everything away looks to me first offer that comes in they accept. Like Hampton said there are no buyers

And taking a big cut as well

It's called "being paid for what they do" John.

Aye, but what a feckin job.

It's like those bastards that try to fleece old folk out their savings under the pretext of some life policy that they don't need and can't afford.

Aye, it's a job.

Alternatively, they're like an A&E doctor, who've had a patient given to them with potentially life threatening injuries.

First, they performed emergency surgery to make sure we weren't going to die within hours or days.

Now, though they think we should be OK, they're trying to find us somewhere to live, and someone to take care of us.

I'd say they were more like the Red Cross than some kind of dishonest shyster. I'm surprised you think that way hindley.

Last edited:
I think we understand that king, it's just that they are in a long line of necessary evils we seem to rely on in general like lawyers, solicitors, estate agents, accountants, bailiffs etc etc.

That's a weird view of "evil" .

I've had cause to use some of those, (not all), and I have to say I had excellent service (which I deemed I was reasonably charged for) each time.

And that is why we are giving everything away looks to me first offer that comes in they accept. Like Hampton said there are no buyers

What are we "giving away" John?

Oh, by the way. That's another to add to the list of "false" statements.

Admins costs are regulated. That means there is a scale to what they can charge there is a regulatory body that oversees this.

The cost of the administration is met from funds raised by the sale, therefore the only person likely to be screwed is Au Yeung.

The fees are all agreed prior to the administration and can be challenged should they seem to be excessive.

They are doing a job, they deserve to be paid, this payment is in line with all other admins/liquidations so why are people calling them crooks, robbers and evil.

If you work you expect to get paid so are you evil ?

Do you not expect to be paid the going rate for your work ?

It is unfortunate that we have been placed into admin but lets not shoot the messengers they are only doing what they were asked to do.

Why cant people see this is neccesary. No one will touch us as a business venture until our defecit is gone and we are sustainable in the long term. Therefore paying off debts to clubs players agents and wages is first priority and then selling for as much as we can in these troubled times is next followed by shrinking the wage bill to comply in line with league 1.

If im a prospective buyer im sure as hell leaving this to the admins to be the bad guys, im not going to indeer myself to many if I come in and first of all do a big car booter ? Yes players are going under value but no one wants to clear our debts with their own hard cash so in that case player sales will be left to admin first. There is no guarentee that if someone bought us now and cleared the debts that they would get a fair value for players anyway. We are in a pandemic and have no revenue so neither do other clubs. We will be under offered. So no guarentee of getting your money back which you used to clear debts and now you also have a huge wage bill to contend with first? Dont think so

we are going to have to bleed A LOT

Bloody hell. We have 5 bidders who want us. As Northern said, Palace had to wait 7 months to find a buyer !

How long were Bolton in administration for?

Moaning about stuff just because we haven't been kept up to date with every single detail is futile.

Are you sure about that, Moonay? At the moment the silence is deafening. I'm becoming more pessimistic by the day. It's making me more peed off than brexit....and that's saying something. I'm not sure if all the vitriol aimed at Parry and the EFL was very wise in retrospect. 😢

The admins are shafting us to the benefit of the crook who appointed them only.
Open your eyes people - there is no prospective owner (if so would they support the current fire-sale? - no, they would buy then sell assets at full market value to recover their initial investment- if I could get access to £10m for a month I would do it myself !) this is a slow death of 1000 cuts before a final liquidation.
Hate to say it but IMO we are totally fecked.

Beginning to think the same way.....these administrators have a hidden agenda, methinks 😕

Rumour from another fans site that lanegan according too wurriors fans has approached the chinese to buy the stadium
Now i know that is absolute bollox has administration team have total control
But always the case of no smoke without fire i just wonder what if lanegan is trying in the background to do a deal for the stadium only nothing would surprise me now

Rumour from another fans site that lanegan according too wurriors fans has approached the chinese to buy the stadium
Now i know that is absolute bollox has administration team have total control
But always the case of no smoke without fire i just wonder what if lanegan is trying in the background to do a deal for the stadium only nothing would surprise me now

This probably comes from the same place as the rumour Latics fans started that the Warriors would have to move out coz the premier league didn't allow ground shares

I would imagine though that it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that some parties have contacted the administrators offering to buy some of the separate sections of the holding company - well I know they have coz I've read them saying just that

Beginning to think the same way.....these administrators have a hidden agenda, methinks 😕

There's no hidden agenda - the administrators are there to ensure that the creditors get as much of what they're owed as possible. They've said that themselves.
In the first instance this is by trying to sell the club as a going concern, but ultimately if that isn't possible the club will be liquidated & its assets sold off. Again they;re not hiding anything they said that on the day they were appointed by the court

There's no hidden agenda - the administrators are there to ensure that the creditors get as much of what they're owed as possible. They've said that themselves.
In the first instance this is by trying to sell the club as a going concern, but ultimately if that isn't possible the club will be liquidated & its assets sold off. Again they;re not hiding anything they said that on the day they were appointed by the court

That's the theory...Not so sure that it's factual. We're living in an age where Presidents and Prime Ministers lie through their back teeth to get what they want. Maybe, it's the same with the administrators.....who are their paymasters, anyway?

Whilst it’s sad to see our talented players being sold it needs to happen quickly. Once theres no money owed and running costs are down hopefully a takeover can be completed. What is going to be hard is assembling a squad that can compete next season. The last couple of times we’ve been relegated we’ve then had the best squad in league 1 and bounced straight back. It’s not going to be anything like that this time round. It could take years to rebuild and there could be further relegation/s ahead. We’ve been very lucky in recent years and have had success and seen some fantastic football. It could be time to suffer for a few years now. Look at other clubs who’ve been in the lower leagues for years and years and never even had a promotion. My mate supports Oldham, he remembers finishing in the play offs a couple of times in the last 20 years and a few decent cup ties. Apart from that it’s been mostly shite.

Are you sure about that, Moonay? At the moment the silence is deafening. I'm becoming more pessimistic by the day. It's making me more peed off than brexit....and that's saying something. I'm not sure if all the vitriol aimed at Parry and the EFL was very wise in retrospect. 😢
Yes, I'm sure Notts. We had 5 bidders. The Administrators said so. Some, not sure if it's all or not, are still interested ........ or were.

Not going to comment on Brexit on here ....... I'll get my wrists slapped .......... but it hasn't stopped me over in Off Topic.
;)