Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21 | Page 14 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21

Genuine question, is Cakir a better keeper than Ramsdale ?. The majority on here seem to favour the Turk but why ?. A few you tube clips or can anyone give a proper football reason.

No idea. We've seen Ramsdale grow up from U13's and seen him play first hand, so by the football law of inverse delusion, Cakir must be a better player as we know nowt about him. Didn't the Turks say yesterday there was nothing in it anyway..? I'll just wait for CW's announcement and shiny new player holding up of the shirt.

I'm struggling to see what Ramsdale has to value him north of 12m. That makes Moore worth 4m which is clearly ridiculous. Obviously Wilder knows what he sees and if he sees Ramsdale as the answer fair enough. Can't help having a bad feeling about this one though. Something I haven't had since we signed the Higgopotomus.

I'm struggling to see what Ramsdale has to value him north of 12m. That makes Moore worth 4m which is clearly ridiculous. Obviously Wilder knows what he sees and if he sees Ramsdale as the answer fair enough. Can't help having a bad feeling about this one though. Something I haven't had since we signed the Higgopotomus.
The one thing I’d say is he is young enough to be our keeper for 12 yrs or more (providing we can keep our current status) he is still learning and will improve with age/experience 1m a yr sounds a much better proposition

Having viewed a few videos of both it worries me that Cakir spills a lot of shots. Not enough sticks. Ramsdale is also good to go. Whatever we need to get this done ASAP. What worries me more is our lack of goals and that is going to be a lot harder to get right on our budget.

The one thing I’d say is he is young enough to be our keeper for 12 yrs or more (providing we can keep our current status) he is still learning and will improve with age/experience 1m a yr sounds a much better proposition

The Sun reports B/Mouth now pricing Ramsdale at 25m. Pray god we laugh and walk. Man You also happy for Hendo to return as long as we pay the full 100k a week wages. Laugh again and walk. Turkish delight it may be!

I think Worrall is in the last year of his contract, so he might not cost as much as you would think. He's a solid enough player, but Jake Cooper at Millwall would cost about the same and would add more versatility to our squad, so I'd rather we looked at him. Any centre back we bring in will effectively be cover though, as we don't have the funds to go out and buy better players than O'Connell, Egan and Bash.

Cooper certainly has a presence and potency in the opponents' penalty box Worrall doesn't. Some very tidy finishes in this collection.

You could see us utilising him as a target man when we're chasing games and pumping balls into the penalty box.

Serious interest in Antonee Robinson!

Bit in paper.

Ridiculous bargain on offer. But it wouldn't seem right just nicking him for the £1.5m.

Jhon Cordoba now being linked with us, Wolves and Everton.

27 y/o Colombian CF at Koln. One year left on contract.

Big, very athletic, hardworking and can lead the line playing the lone role. Scored 13 last season.

This one makes complete sense.

Wigan didn't have many qualms being predatory towards Bolton players when they were at the peak of their financial problems.

All this is rough on Wigan fans and staff but whichever club, and I really hope it's us, signs Robinson can do so with a clear conscience.

No idea. We've seen Ramsdale grow up from U13's and seen him play first hand, so by the football law of inverse delusion, Cakir must be a better player as we know nowt about him. Didn't the Turks say yesterday there was nothing in it anyway..? I'll just wait for CW's announcement and shiny new player holding up of the shirt.
I thought was got him form Bolton?

Robinson would undoubtedly be our future first choice LWB.

Not one to just offer cover and play the odd game for 18 months before moving on.

If Enda's not on his best form then Robinson would replace him before the end of the season.

Having quality wing back competition on both sides is definitely something that will safeguard us.

Genuine question, is Cakir a better keeper than Ramsdale ?. The majority on here seem to favour the Turk but why ?. A few you tube clips or can anyone give a proper football reason.

According to XG stats, last season Cakir was at +7, meaning that he conceded 7 goals less than would have been expected, based on the types of chances that were created against him. That's the same figure that Henderson got playing for us. Meanwhile, Ramsdale was at -1, meaning that he conceded one more than would have been expected (that's around mid-table for the PL last season, so it doesn't make him awful or anything.) Of course, football is played on grass and not an Excel spreadsheet. The data is based on percentages, so factors in the quality of the team overall, but it can't factor in things like confidence levels. A goalkeeper playing behind a solid defence, who keeps regular clean sheets in a winning side, will naturally get a boost when compared to someone in a relegation scrap whose team can't buy a win. All three keepers are also young, with a lot of potential to improve. At the end of the day, it will likely come down to what is the best deal for the football club, rather than who is the best player.

Serious interest in Antonee Robinson!

Bit in paper.

Ridiculous bargain on offer. But it wouldn't seem right just nicking him for the £1.5m.

Ordinarily I take what Nixon says with a pinch of salt, since he links every club with 20-30 players each transfer window, but he seems more sure with this one. He usually goes with words like "interested" and "considering", but this rumour says that it could be sorted soon. It also got a full article on line, rather than just a tweet or "bit in paper", and has been talked about in the BBC and Sky gossip sections this morning as well.

Wigan didn't have many qualms being predatory towards Bolton players when they were at the peak of their financial problems.

I bet there weren't any Everton fans who were bothered that they only had to pay £4m for Jags after our dodgy relegation either...

Bit In Paper gets loads of stick but he's pretty much the best source I see on Twitter.

He will throw out loads of links. Obviously many of them won't materialise but that doesn't mean he's wrong about what he posts at the time.

If he posts about interest and efforts to sign a player then I'll take his word for it.

Bit In Paper gets loads of stick but he's pretty much the best source I see on Twitter.

He will throw out loads of links. Obviously many of them won't materialise but that doesn't mean he's wrong about what he posts at the time.

If he posts about interest and efforts to sign a player then I'll take his word for it.

He's a gossip columnist, and like all of that breed some of what he says is accurate, but most of it is either massively exaggerated or made up completely. For instance, last summer he said we were signing Forestieri for £14m! A lot of the time, his sources are rumours and discussion on football message boards as well. He has been caught out repeating deliberately made up stuff several times. Under most circumstances, if he told me that water was wet I would stick my hand under the tap to get a second opinion. But each to their own.