New Manager | Page 5 | Vital Football

New Manager

I was chatting to Grahame Jones in Asda over a year ago he said he would definitely be back before he's finished.
Top bloke it would be a yes from me.
You have to think Kendrick knows more than he will say. He's not exactly like Mark Iles was for Bolton fans in their Administration.

Don't really want Jones. Luton weren't up to much with him but shot up the table as soon as he left. I don't like appointments based largely on nostalgia and if we were judging him on his managerial record alone no one would be thinking he would be a good appointment

But considering Caldwells name is being thrown about he makes Jones look like a decent option!

I'd sooner give Richardson a go than either of them.

Posted this on another thread earlier, but personally, I wouldn't have Caldwell or g.jones - neither have been successful in a situation like ours.....

We are probably going to have a small squad with this seasons fringe players and under 23s. At least Richardson and ricoh know these players and vice versa and also already in the middle of this shit storm we have just experienced.

Not expecting a great deal, especially with the salary cap, lack of owner and transfer / squad size restrictions but let's see........

I don’t want ex managers back but slagging Caldwell of for doing the same as Cook is laughable The thing that let Caldwell down was the piss take end of season game against. Barnsley.

I don’t want ex managers back but slagging Caldwell of for doing the same as Cook is laughable The thing that let Caldwell down was the piss take end of season game against. Barnsley.

He let himself down badly in that second season too
In the 1st season he seemed to listen to those around him and changed things around when they realised we'd set up wrong - remember quite a few come back games
In the 2nd season he gave off the impression that he didn't think he needed anyone else's help coz he'd won the league & he seemed to become stubborn in his set up and his substitutions

Caldwell went because of the pre seasom drama. Which saw several key players banished from the team. I wonder if we will ever find out what happened. Players clearly stopped playing for him after it.

Right now the most important thing is that the club doesn’t end up like Bury and that we can start the season. New owners first then a new manager. If Cook was on anywhere near 17k a week then that should never happen again. There’s plenty of good managers out of work and in the lower leagues who would jump at the chance to manage us.

I liked Caldwell and was a bit miffed when he was sacked but in hindsight his biggest mistake by far was getting rid of Morsy.
TBH any competent level 1 coach would have got that side promoted fm L1 the squad was head and shoulders better than the rest of the division.
As soon as the pressure of the championship came on Caldwell was shown to be hopelessly out of his depth both tactically and on player judgement.
Subsequent savings at Chesterfield and Partick underline this. Don't want him anywhere near us going forwards

TBH any competent level 1 coach would have got that side promoted fm L1 the squad was head and shoulders better than the rest of the division.
As soon as the pressure of the championship came on Caldwell was shown to be hopelessly out of his depth both tactically and on player judgement.
Subsequent savings at Chesterfield and Partick underline this. Don't want him anywhere near us going forwards
And the same with Cook when he took us up.