The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 94 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Can't see how people are knocking Tammy. He was too good for the Championship and has not got a bad scoring record for Chelsea. Question is, how much is a 22 year old proven EPL goal scorer going to cost?
Joelinton 23 cost £40 million.
Moise Kean 20 cost Everton £27.5 million,
Sebastien Haller 26 cost West Ham £45 million.
I don't think that anyone would disagree that these three have been woeful.

Villa, if they were to spend £30 million on one player, they could do worse.

Strange how people see strikers. I thought Tammy had a great season for us, and if his goal-scoring tailed off a bit his work for the team went up, a major contribution to our 10 game winning run.

Likewise Bent probably saved us from relegation the season he came. Then with Young and Downing both gone he scored enough before his injury to save us that season as well.

Maybe it's just me though. I always did think Withe was a bit of a cart horse :fish:
Please Mr Smith,sign a carthorse immediately.

I’d like to see a hard lad in midfield. The sort who chews horse shoes, tackles for fun and takes the pressure off the defence. Someone to dominate the opposition and set up attacks from deep.

Afraid those days are gone now, VAR and FIFA have seen t that, Mrvelous's tackle in the final, he gets booked and players are around the ref trying to get him a red for the tackle of the season

Tammy is a 22 year old England International and will only get better. Only Jack had more of an impact towards getting this club back into the Premier league, on the playing side anyway. He dragged us through those long winter months when Grealish was out and we'd have lost a hell of a lot more points without him. If we got the chance to sign him for anything less than 40m or so I'd grab Chelseas hands off. He is in the right place at the right time far more often than not and you cannot teach that. Keep Jack and get in another winger or 2 who can actually supply a striker and he'll get 15 or more every season.

Agreed, I initially thought anything over 30MM was robbery but the more I think about it I'd bite your arm off at 40MM or below. He has improved significantly at Chelsea and I could see him getting 10-15 goals in our team.

Unless it's with a view to buying him, then no.

Absolutely, we can't keep developing players for the top tier. The risk/reward for Sheffield Utd regarding Henderson is understandable but I can't see them bettering their position next term. They had a mean defence this year but I think they'll find next season a much harder slog. If they don't break the bank for a serious stopper I think they'll be conceding an additional 5-10 goals.

I agree on the loan player question. It’s a short term fix that leaves you in a hole when the player, having been improved and match tempered by us, returns to his home club. Plus he can’t play for you against his parent club. Even worse when the player turns out to be one that isn’t good enough to make It into your team.

Times I read that about Gabby

Gabby had a fair few problems but he was indulged by the club for far too long after he decided he couldn't be arsed anymore. Can you see that happening with any player now?

You can't account for a player suddenly losing his passion for the game but nothing about Tammy suggests he'll go the same way. He could have sat on chelseas bench instead of joining us but he chose to go to a championship club to revive himself after a hard season in a struggling side. I don't think we'll get him but we'd be fools not to take him if he's available.

Gabby had a fair few problems but he was indulged by the club for far too long after he decided he couldn't be arsed anymore. Can you see that happening with any player now?

You can't account for a player suddenly losing his passion for the game but nothing about Tammy suggests he'll go the same way. He could have sat on chelseas bench instead of joining us but he chose to go to a championship club to revive himself after a hard season in a struggling side. I don't think we'll get him but we'd be fools not to take him if he's available.

I was just pointing out that not all players automatically get better with age, some get worse. I don't think Tammy has the touch for a top striker and he does chuff all outside the six-yard box. I'm not saying he's not with us having at the moment but not at more than 20m ish

If there is any truth to this and it's not lazy claims, there's a lot of sense in seeing if Jota and Hogan would go back, they know the system, both did wonders for them - it would be a chance for Brentford to have a touch more continuity on players leaving and from our perspective it has to be worth £5/10m on the price which is more than we'd get for either in a straight sale in my humble.

If there is any truth to this and it's not lazy claims, there's a lot of sense in seeing if Jota and Hogan would go back, they know the system, both did wonders for them - it would be a chance for Brentford to have a touch more continuity on players leaving and from our perspective it has to be worth £5/10m on the price which is more than we'd get for either in a straight sale in my humble.
I pray this would happen but as far as I'm concerned there's no way Brentford touch either two with a bargepole IMO, they're both washed up and had better days. Brentford have a really good model for signing young/ talented players and Jota and Hogan do not fit the bill.

No, disagree on that front. Brentford would've been happy to keep both had the sums not been so good from their point of view - given their system. Neither are washed out, they are out of form and don't forget Jota was largely injured when he did even play.

I see some sense in their return (effectively on the cheap) as a tide over until they get the next batch through - especially having run promotion so close this season, they will not want to drop back to midtable so quickly, so that experience and knowledge of the club/basic system serves them a purpose.

I more than agree it depends on whether they share my thoughts though lol

Wherever they go, it'd be a cut. And don't forget the bullshit of clubs subsidising to get rid of people as well mate.

I could maybe see Jota going, as he's shown some glimpses of ability, but if we manage to flog Hogan (on some kinda no risk loan deal?) then our negotiators are beasts. As you say we'll be paying a large percentage of his wages!