N/G It Ain't Half Hot Mum.......... | Vital Football

N/G It Ain't Half Hot Mum..........

The short chap with a lovely voice who had a hit with Whispering Grass redux.

"Why tell them all your secrets....."

I suppose that this is a totally non PC comedy as far as the snowflake generation are concerned. Has a white actor playing an indian.

I heard that the Stones are having to change the words of one of their earliest hits to "Paint it a person of colour".

I remember the two officers in a conversation about where the Americans got the idea that all British army officers were effete, limp-wristed twits, and confirming the stereotype as they pondered.

What a voice, if I could ask to have the ability to do anything, surely singing like that would be one of them (I would also like to be able to shag like a stud) but both are unfortunately beyond me :cry:

About a few months before he died I saw Don busking in the Priors Shopping Centre in Leamington Spa. He had a backing track machine and a microphone, a few cds for sale and a hat on the ground for tips
It was very sad to see.
Obviously no residual fees for rebroadcasts of the TV series.

Officers in the mess...
“Gin Waller, fill my glass please”
“Um, where is the tonic waller”
“He isn’t here today, you said he could have the day off”

I suppose that this is a totally non PC comedy as far as the snowflake generation are concerned. Has a white actor playing an indian.

I heard that the Stones are having to change the words of one of their earliest hits to "Paint it a person of colour".
Think your referring to Micheal Bates who was born in Jhansi, India. So he was an Indian playing a Indian.

Think your referring to Micheal Bates who was born in Jhansi, India. So he was an Indian playing a Indian.
Father was Harry Bates, mother was Sarah Clarke. Children were Rupert, Camila and Jolyon. Just happened to be born in India. That makes him as Indian as Colin Cowdrey.

I admit I liked it at the time, as I did Benny Hill and On the Buses (somehow). Rather cringey and embarrassing now.

A programme of its time, with blacked up actors, silly accents and jokes about "poofters". Consign it to history.

I was in my teens in the 1970's - I wonder why tv programmes were so out of step with what came before and after? News and entertainment seemed respectful in the 50's and a little less so in the 60's. I think 'alternative comedy' in the 80's saw the end of the type of approach from the previous decade. A strange time in history.

Father was Harry Bates, mother was Sarah Clarke. Children were Rupert, Camila and Jolyon. Just happened to be born in India. That makes him as Indian as Colin Cowdrey.

I admit I liked it at the time, as I did Benny Hill and On the Buses (somehow). Rather cringey and embarrassing now.

And dont forget...

Spike Milligan
George Orwell
Rudyard Kipling
Joanna Lumley
Cliff Richard
Ex Gills boss Neale Cooper

All born in India and there are many others