Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation | Page 26 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Speculation

I thought his contract at Forest had finished, so would only cost his wages as no fee,unless agent was involved. I would of thought Covid contracts were a different ball game to pre-Covid contracts in regard to wages.

A few had mentioned he would be too expensive, when I posted about him earlier. As it is he's happy with the set up here and the extra responsibility. He could have got more elsewhere.

There's always a standout player or two in any side, we sold Lee Butler and Gary Lund for decent money from a side relegated out of the league

Jamie Vardy was playing in the conference :hmmm:

And I've a good mate who's a Stockport fan, and like me, also does a lot of non league ground visits when he can.
Anyway he went to Stockbridge and saw Vardy playing for them. He immediately got onto Stockport to tell them they had to sign this young forward he'd seen.
But they simply ignored my mate and ignored Vardy.
Proves we amateur fans do know something sometimes though!

Farman said in that podcast that he was talking to league 1, 2, SPL and Stevenage still but said he wants to be somewhere where he gets games

Carlisle fans seem to think he's on trial with them

And I've a good mate who's a Stockport fan, and like me, also does a lot of non league ground visits when he can.
Anyway he went to Stockbridge and saw Vardy playing for them. He immediately got onto Stockport to tell them they had to sign this young forward he'd seen.
But they simply ignored my mate and ignored Vardy.
Proves we amateur fans do know something sometimes though!

I wonder how many have slipped through the net over the years however some clubs dont have the finance or even the time to take some players to the next level. Stockport must have kicked themselves

Tony Waiters (goal) and Jimmy Armfield (full back) were England internationals in a Blackpool team relegated from the First Division. Armfield was in the "66 squad" and Waiters almost made the final cut.

I think it’s fair to say already we have a greater mobility within the side compared to last.

Shackell, O’Connor, Freck, Bostwick, Akinde and Eardley. All very experienced and competent but another year on (slightly longer) - Freck/Shackell would of been 35/37 early this season.

The problem, that not all players at a given level are ‘In the same ball park’. For example, Bohan Dixon and Matt Rhead were both conference players.....however I think we all know which of the pair we would prefer to see in the Imps colours.
I could go on with more examples, but I think you get my point. Montsa and Rodrigues are two totally different players and only time will tell whether either or both are good enough for their respective teams, or not.

I guess the point I’m making is that both players have been poached from one league for 2 others, of different standards. Neither Matt Rhead, as good as he was for us, nor Bohan Dixon were.

If 2 players are poached for performing well in the Conference, one to League 2, and one to the Championship, one arguably has a bigger step up to make.